What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

blaza88z

Coach
I really can't believe anyone is surprised. This is the kind of dog act Melbourne and Queensland are both known for.

Slater has been doing this shit for years. He knew what he was doing and I hope he gets what he deserves.

QLD dog.

:lol::lol:

need a tissue mate?

ns7

Juniors
If Drury Low did this to a chasing through Cam Smith it wouldn't even be an issue for anyone, Tall poppy syndrome is rampant on LU towards the Storm and our future immortals/current world champions.

Much like Can Smith's coat hanger on Ben Barba last year in mackay. :sarcasm:

Generalzod

Immortal
You can clearly see Slater's foot extend to the face of the player, if anyone in here thinks that's an accident you all have rocks in your heads....

Canard

Immortal
Begs the question, if an attacking player (without the ball) is standing with his forearm raised and a defender runs into his forearm, is that now a penalty to the defensive side?

BennyV

Referee
vlcsnap-2010-03-10-07h36m14s149.jpg

Sleep

Juniors
None. He might get some points and a warning but at full speed you could see there was nothing in it.

Nice dive from Klemmer too. Plenty of WWF about that roll around, I'm gravely injured until the penalty went the way of the Dogs when he miraculously bounced back to his feet and was good to go. Weak sauce, embarassing.

ek999

First Grade
Slater jumps with his leg raised like that to stop attackers contesting for the ball in the air and to give himself room when he lands. It is dangerous and he should be suspended for it.

Kiwi

First Grade
Having seen the footage for the first time, first thought is definitely not an intentional kick to the head, however it is contact with the head, it is a very dangerous way to take the ball for the person trying to contest the attacker. So after some thought, Slater does not take the ball like this every time he goes up for it, he only seems to do it when he has a little bit of time before attackers get to him. I would say this is probably why at times ( when he does this "take" ) he gets to take the ball uncontested, not many people I know wanna get kicked in the head. Do I think it's a tactic? Yes. Does that make the contact with the "kick" deliberate and no accidental? Yes. Will it get ruled as deliberate? No. Should he get time for it? Yes

Kiwi

First Grade
oh and because Ryles in the team Ryles, Smith, Cronk and Widdop should be suspended as well, till atleast after they play the Broncos :sarcasm:

chrisD

Coach
Forearm to the face last week, kick in the face this week, previous forearms to the face, kicks to the head, leading with the knees... one could almost start to think it's a pattern or something.

But no, not Billy, not his go.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Facts of what? There is no one here that can honestly say that sticking a boot up towards invoking opposition is safe. Slater has already stated he does it to protect himself from the advancing defenders.
and if that was illegal why has he never been punnished for doing it, or asked to change, or penalised? It can't be that illegal can it now?

Cam smith came out and after rinsing some sand out of his vagina stated that its used as a protective measure. He also said it keeps the other team away. Slater or anyone have th right to force teams away, everyone has a right to contest the catch, sure they can't make a tackle but if contact is made whilst attempting te catch it is play on. In this instance, nobody can say for sure whether klemmer was going in for the tackle or simply preparing to tackle slater upon his return to the field. All we do know is slater moves his up towards the opposition which gives him space to take the catch.
emotional drivel aside, this is a rehash of your first paragraph.

I don't hate Melbourne. I find this whole thing puzzling though. People can't defend an action because it had never happened before. You guys can't justify this by saying klemmer ran into the boot. As mentioned above klemmer is allowed to run in. He is playing within the rules.
hang on, because there's no precedent, he can't be defended? Lol that's quite a convenient but heavily bullshit laden thing to say.

I'm sorry the nrl doesn't have rule 'jump with boot to face' but have a look through the rules of the game. The incident falls under man sections, reckless, illegal contact, dangerous conduct.
and klemmer said it was an accident. There is no precedent, Slater has done this for years.

He'll get off.

chrisD

Coach
There's precedent, someone has been kicked in the head on a rugby league field before, in fact by Billy.

firechild

First Grade
He has absolutely no right to make any contact with a player in the air. End of story. Slater didn't kick him. He ran into his boot with his arms raised as he attempted a tackle - an illegal tackle.

But he never made the tackle, you cannot be penalised for an illegal tackle that never occurred. You cannot award a penalty on something that may or may not have happened. As for noone having any right to make contact with a player taking a kick, that is not true. They can make contact as long as they are playing the ball and not the man. Slater's actions mean that attempting to contest the ball becomes dangerous.

gronkathon

First Grade
I see cause for a charge personally.

The extension of the leg wasn't intended to kick anybody but nor was it one fluid motion in the jump, there is a second motion which extends the leg, by extending the leg Slater for mine essentially initiates the contact.

I think bottom line that leading with the studs of your boots to the head of a player in any circumstance needs to be stopped

Joker's Wild

Coach
Irrational hate only makes you look stupid.

Completely unintentional contact, dismissed.

Unintentional or not, he needs to reel that leg in

I have not seen any other fullback in the comp consistently kick his leg out so far on a kick take. He may be trying to protect himself but it is still dangerous.

Props cant lift their elbows up to protect themselves when running the ball back, Billy cant be allowed to throw his boot out at players heads.

Latest posts