What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

no name

Coach
What I am saying is the way he jumps is not illegal, which a lot of people don't seem to understand.

There is nothing wrong with jumping like that to protect yourself, but if you do come into contact then expect to be penalised.

Agreed. He can jump like that all he wants, but if there is a chaser in the vicinity and he collects them with a boot, he can expect to get penalised.

dogslife

Coach
What about knees?

Are you allowed to raise your knees while taking a kick?

Surely that's reckless, right?

It must be something he deliberately uses, can't possibly be his natural way of taking kicks.

Maybe he needs to go back to rehab to fix it.
:lol: solid argument. Find me a fullback that doesn't raise their knees when they jump, and you'll have the world's worst fullback

Can't believe the 9 Merkins still were sucking the little grubs c**k, he's been getting away with this shit for years.

He's a fantastic player but he pushes the boundaries every time he takes the park. I suppose that's what makes him as good as he is.

Painfully true.

Grub. Awesome Grub.

typicalfan

Coach
Billy+Slater+David+Klemmer+NRL+Rd+3+Storm+NLTP2jLsP_ux.jpg

Anyone saying Klemmer was definitely going to make a mid air tackle is delusional. He had enough time to wait for Slaters other leg to hit the ground before touching him. The only contact made before he hit the ground was Slaters boot to his face.

It might not be worth of a suspension but the action definitely needs to be changed before someone cops a stud to the eye.
Klemmer wasn't standing still, I don't see how this picture shows an accurate representation of what happened at all.

Ulysseus

Bench
The fact that Klemmer was going in to make an illegal play will play a part in proceedings no doubt.

How do you know this?
He is entitled to approach at speed and make simultaneous contact with Slater as he touches ground or stop short and wait for him to land.
Slater is not entitled to impersonate Bruce Lee.

:lol: solid argument. Find me a fullback that doesn't raise their knees when they jump, and you'll have the world's worst fullback
That's the point you dopey merkin.

Most players raise a boot or knee while taking a high ball. That's what I'm saying.

FMD there are some thick people on here.

dogslife

Coach
That's the point you dopey merkin.

Most players raise a boot or knee while taking a high ball. That's what I'm saying.

FMD there are some thick people on here.
Yeah but I think the point being made is that Slater is the only one that jumps like he's Bruce Lee reincarnate

Ulysseus

Bench

Knees are rounded and, although hard as f**k, do most of their contact damage to another person in their forward motion or ascent above linear.
Yeah, you'll still cain someone by bringing a knee down in the middle of their back - but compared to a presented set of studs which are capable of causing injury on the ascent and descent the chances are remote.
Hence why no one gives a shit about raised knees - plus its a reflex action for some as they spring up and used a shit load of hamstring power to do it.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
It's not his jumping manner. He already stated he uses his boot to keep them away. He therefore has the intent.

I'm not his biggest fan, but even if it was a raiders played I'd still agree it was wrong ala vidot and his flying knee attack.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Pretty sad/funny when you know your team isn't good enough to beat another and blindly hope
Like hell one of them are out. Good luck with that lol

We didn't ask Billy to go Kung Pow on that Dogs player, so get ready to bend over and take it like a bitch at the Cauldron.

dogslife

Coach
Donks would want to hope Slater is out along with Wallace, Prince, Norman, Mccullough and a few others if they want to come out with a win