What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

Game_Breaker

Coach
228932_135458583301796_1088911745_n.jpg

Danish

Referee
The average of stupid in this thread just went up......

It was plain as day billy jumped up leg was hyper extended to help with his balance (try it some time ) he diddnt even see anyone comming klemmer the dumb merkin runs in to tackle him and runs smack into his foot making contact.

Now the onus is on the player making the tackle to wait for the person catching the ball to land before making "any" kind of contact.

Billy's leg was hyper extended before klemmer got there billy did not lash out with the foot in any way he merely jumped and torqued his body With the leg hyper extended for balance.

Pretty simple to understand.

Good to see the panel saw what anyone with half a brain could see.

Pity both Slater and Smith have already stated quite clearly that Slater intentionally kicks his foot out to impede defenders rather than this completely bullshit "counter balance" nonsense you are going on about.

chrisD

Coach
Did you even watch the incident slater leaps up klemmer runs into his foot unless slater is superman and can fly he diddnt jump at a angle with foward momentum he leaped straight up and torqued his body to the right slightly with his leg hyper extended for balance.

So yes Klemmer initiated contact with his foward momentum he was not at a stand still.

So yeah you a derp.

So essentially you're saying Klemmer, with his jaw/throat, attacked Slater's foot.

Danish

Referee
I wonder what Smith and Bellamy's reactions would be if a dogs player had got there first and fly kicked slater to the head while attempting a catch?

dogslife

Coach
Surely this now means if an attacking player gets to the ball before the fullback that the same rules apply. A nice way of guaranteeing you've got no one between you and the try line if you take the catch

BuffaloRules

Coach
Wow ... 31 pages already...

Isnt there some doping/match fixing/organised crime/Leading NRL player has gambling & booze addiction story happening that we can get all in a flap over??

BennyV

Referee
It's wonderful to see so many league fans with mind-reading abilities, I'm sure they could make a career out of it...

My favourites are 'Klemmer had the intention of tackling Billy' and 'Billy was trying to balance himself in mid air'.

I think it's a disgrace that the MRC didnt refer it to the judiciary at least, its a big call regarding a high-profile player and they need to consider the precedent they are setting one way or another.

GAZF

First Grade
The average of stupid in this thread just went up......

It was plain as day billy jumped up leg was hyper extended to help with his balance (try it some time ) he diddnt even see anyone comming klemmer the dumb merkin runs in to tackle him and runs smack into his foot making contact.

Now the onus is on the player making the tackle to wait for the person catching the ball to land before making "any" kind of contact.

Billy's leg was hyper extended before klemmer got there billy did not lash out with the foot in any way he merely jumped and torqued his body With the leg hyper extended for balance.

Pretty simple to understand.

Good to see the panel saw what anyone with half a brain could see.

Terrible argument, before even extending the lower leg, his legs were further forward than the rest of his body. Extending the leg further shifts the centre of gravity away from the torso, making it harder to land without falling backwards. How was he going to land if Klemmer wasn't there, James Brown style splits?

It just happens way too much with Slater (boots in the face) for it to be a coincidence.

Surely this now means if an attacking player gets to the ball before the fullback that the same rules apply. A nice way of guaranteeing you've got no one between you and the try line if you take the catch
More bias.

Attacking players can be tackled mid-air you clown so the same rules don't apply. Read the f**king rule book.

ns7

Juniors
Absolutely positive that the only contact made was to klemmer chest and lower throat.

Rofl at you and the studs to his face.... Regardless if klemmer hadn't run in there with the intent to tackle billy mid air this would not have happened as it is the kid got up one second after the penalty was given without a mark to his face throat or chest.

Still can't get over the derpness goin on in here. :lol:

Yup, aiming for the jugular can do no harm. :sarcasm:

bottle

Coach
Video review technology now exists and that's what enabled the referees to award the correct penalty overnight.

Pretty straightforward if you ask me.

I'm not having this discussion with video refs though am I? Would be pretty clear to a sensible person that my comment was in relation to the forum discussion.

Your still photo emphasised my point and also illustrates that the refs got the penalty reversal correct which some had questioned.

Ok sweet, thanks for clarifying tackling = boot to the face

Derp!
Right, so you make a f**king goose of yourself because you don't know the rules of the sport, and when pointed out how geniused you are you just ignore the point YOU made. Genius. This merkin probably reckons Slater should have been suspended for attacking the inside of James Garaham's mouth with his ear.

This is the kind of stupidity that blatant bias breeds.

dogslife

Coach
Right, so you make a f**king goose of yourself because you don't know the rules of the sport, and when pointed out how geniused you are you just ignore the point YOU made. Genius. This merkin probably reckons Slater should have been suspended for attacking the inside of James Garaham's mouth with his ear.

Did the doctors tell you for how long you were deprived of oxygen at birth?

The point I was making, which you're clearly too spastic to decipher, is that whilst it's legal to tackle an attacking player in the air, good luck doing it with a boot in your face, which is now also legal

chrisD

Coach

What are you even talking about? That you can tackle the attacking player in mid-air has no bearing on his point you illiterate f**k.

Did the doctors tell you for how long you were deprived of oxygen at birth?

The point I was making, which you're clearly too spastic to decipher, is that whilst it's legal to tackle an attacking player in the air, good luck doing it with a boot in your face, which is now also legal
Klemmer was the one who was breaking the laws of the game by touching a player in mid-air while not contesting the ball. If he'd been the defending player he wouldn't have been in the wrong. So that's the difference that you obviously can't understand. But then again you didn't even know an attacking player can be tackled in mid-air because you don't even know the rules of the sport. Little wonder this whole issue is so perplexing for you. I'm not sure if it's just plain bias or if there's some kind of mental defect involved - probably plenty of both. When will doggiiiiiiiessss brah fans realise they have no credibility on this matter. They are bias and full of grubs themselves.

Latest posts