What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
0-1 week.

By that, I mean minor charge and IIRC he has priors.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
It's an argument because Slater did nothing wrong.

f**k me some people are biased.

Haha.

Nothing wrong??

How is this permitted. Imagine the injuries. It's a very dangerous move and is clearly ruled out in dangerous conduct. They don't have to introduce a new rule, it fits in so many.

The General

Juniors
Smartest thing said on LU ever... I mean, someone points a knife at you...do you run in to it?

They'll just change the rules to outlaw his technique but the Dogs player only had eyes for him. I was right in lime with it. It could easily have gone the other way if he'd taken Billy mid-air.

So players should be allowed to run with their elbow cocked up around their face just incase someone tries to tackle them high? The rule is already there to protect him. He doesn't need to stick his boot out to do it himself.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You lot make out like its some horrible intentional plan he had to kick Klemmer in the head. Everytime a bomb goes up for Slater to defend, he has always kicked a leg out forward. It's how he keeps rivals at a distance so he can take a clean, uncontested catch.

He'll get no suspension.

dogslife

Coach
f**k me some people are biased.
irony2.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
Haha.

Nothing wrong??

How is this permitted. Imagine the injuries. It's a very dangerous move and is clearly ruled out in dangerous conduct. They don't have to introduce a new rule, it fits in so many.

If you go in to make a tackle and you cop a fend in the neck or face, is the ball carrier penalised?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
If they made an issue about high knees when running the ball, surely sticking the boot out to keep defenders away is just as bad.

I bet if klemmer had a popped eye socket your tune would change.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
You lot make out like its some horrible intentional plan he had to kick Klemmer in the head. Everytime a bomb goes up for Slater to defend, he has always kicked a leg out forward. It's how he keeps rivals at a distance so he can take a clean, uncontested catch.

He'll get no suspension.

That's why it's intentional. His intent to have the boot out is designed to keep them back, therefore if they get close he knows they will eat a boot sandwich. It's a thug move.

Hate to see him do this kick move when his periods kick in..

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

He'll get no suspension.

Pretty much what I posted here:

He'll get off with a warning, but I've been waiting for this situation to happen - Slater is the only player to leap and throw his foot out like that, and he's been doing it for years. It's clearly placed in the direction of the incoming defenders, and it was only a matter of time until he collected someone in the face.

He'll be asked to change his technique just like after the GF where he was sliding in studs up on players.

Not everyone thinks it was intentional, but not everyone thinks there is nothing wrong with him doing it.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Leading with the knees is one thing, but extending your leg and going studs up to an opposing player in the face is what got him in trouble. I'd expect enough of a charge that if he fought it he'd get suspended but could take an early guilty plea and get off.

ns7

Juniors

He'll get no suspension.

How can this be a legal ploy?

You just illustrated that this action by Slater was reckless behaviour.

Game_Breaker

Coach

He'll get no suspension.

But that's the point, he did keep a rival at distance. This time it resulted in the rival getting a kick in the face.

That falls under the category of reckless play

He kept a rival who was trying to perform an illegal tackle from doing so.

Not that there is any evidence that he actively and deliberately utilsed his boot in this way. That was the result, but there can be no intent proven even if it wasn't quite legitimate to prevent himself being illegally tackled.