What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for GI???

BDR

First Grade
4 weeks sounds about right, it was a pretty massive shot. Still think he should have been sent though.

AnfieldIron

Juniors
What an absolute joke of a grading. How in hell is Inglis a Grade 4 when Te'o made direct and sole contact with the head and was down-graded to a Grade 2. It doesn't make sense.

BranVan3000

Coach
Watch the footage again, Young has not fallen at all.

4 weeks is about right.

He did fall his legs were bending down despite his upper body being upright. It doesn't take much to change the point of impact, especially when twisting. The point is, Inglis did not line up a high shot, it happened because of other circumstances

If that dope Prior only gets 5 weeks for that absolute dog shot that should have received a minimum of 12, then realistically Inglis only deserves around 1 week.

Rexxy

Coach
It looked bad, but now I am not so sure. As with everything in life, we should wait to see what Moffo says - and the opposite will be the correct answer.

Big Sam

First Grade
I'm sure the club's spent the weekend looking at legal arguments for a downgrading. Come Wednesday night I expect his charge to be just a Grade 2 or 3.

Seriously do not like your chances. If you argue Young was falling, then he prob cops the full shoulder if he wasn't. Just cop it and don't risk 5 weeks.

Big Sam

First Grade
That additional 5th game is against Parra which we can win easily without GI so it's worth the risk of challenging the grading.

BranVan3000

Coach
Seriously do not like your chances. If you argue Young was falling, then he prob cops the full shoulder if he wasn't. Just cop it and don't risk 5 weeks.

There is plenty to answer for here

How they grade Teo launching the point of his shoulder into a players jaw as two grades lower than Inglis hitting a player in the upper chest and finishing contact with the forearm pushing into his Youngs face. For one.

He deserves suspension. But he does not deserve five weeks in comparison to some of the hits this year

The exact same tackle without rather momentum would have not even gotten to the MRC

Fire

First Grade
Hunt, Merrin and Miller were all charged but will be playing this weekend :lol:

LOL@5(o)uff$!

haha

Juniors
We'll be ok without GI. Merritt at 1 and Hunt onto the wing.
May be a blessing in disguise if we do alright the next few weeks without GI and Luke.

First Grade
e
I'm sure the club's spent the weekend looking at legal arguments for a downgrading. Come Wednesday night I expect his charge to be just a Grade 2 or 3.

You better hope the club spent the weekend looking at arguments, because if the were like their LOL@5(o)uff$! on here they would live in a fantasy world where they thought Inglis did nothing wrong.

Ron Swanson

Juniors
Disgraceful. The Prior and Inglis tackles were equivalent evidently. Inglis should be spending a week on the sidelines maximum.

Rabbitude

Juniors
Good to see trial by media in full force over this incident and as usual it's the lack of consistency that frustrates.

Inglis deserved a couple of weeks suspension, but to receive the maximum grading on the charge is a joke.

On a side note does this mean that Tony Archer, Gavin Morris and Sean Hampstead will all be dropped for failing to send off Inglis?

Latest posts