What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for GI???

Fire

First Grade
He'll get 2 which is not too bad for us. Merritt can do the job in the short term and gives him time to get over any niggles he has for the run home to the final.

There was nothing in it and you fools who are sounding hysterical are only embarassing yourselves. You freaks are making it sound like the Prior tackle.

NO swinging arm.
NO leading elbow.
Player's positiong was lowering quickly because of the tackler from behind.
ZERO malicious intent.

Not to mention GI has a clean record of this sort of thing.

Those are the facts. It belongs in the most lenient category of high tackles. If Young didn't go off in the car noone would be talking about this.

Craig Field > Greg Inglis

Probably 2-4, which is fair enough. Not sure why an 8 week ban would be needed. People need to stop making emotional arguments every time one of their players gets hurt.

BranVan3000

Coach
The only problem with that is

HE WAS NOT FALLING

I dont mind them keeping the shoulder charge but attach intent to it you choose to use it you take the risk that you miss and collect your opponent then you cop the hefty suspension

Yes he was, he was twisting to the left and being pulled down by Farrell simultaneously

stg666

Juniors
so ,you agree that you are a disgrace. did you just have a feed of fish or what ? .....capitals etc? are you for real ?

Zigwaa

Bench
Too late. About post 9 I think.

Besides his stupidity wasn't needed, you substituted fine tonight, and you're contributing a greater degree of stupidity than even he has so far. Looks like you've cemented your bona fides in that regard. Congrats.

Not only was Young NOT falling, he was no longer moving forward. He was being held still by the first defender and had both hands on the ball. Was defenceless, unaware and unprepared.

Inglis should have been sent, that he wasn't is a disgrace. If Prior got five for a shove that went wrong and the bloke was able to get up and play on, that's worth 8. Yet the consensus in here was that Prior should be shot, hung and then murdered, whilst GI's was a 'good hit'. Bewildering, but comes with the territory I guess.

Gi's smirk on avoiding being sent says it all really. Speaks to the character of the individual and underlines his knowledge that he's part of a protected elite. I don't expect he'll get what he deserves from the MRC. However karma has a way of sorting things out in life in general. His time will come.

Are you serious? Who makes a break then zig zags around like lost puppy not even looking out for the fullback?

He was defenceless, unprepared and unaware of his own accord, asking to be smashed.

Slater and Bowen have been doing it for years along with many other fullbacks.

He'll get 2 weeks simply because Young was knocked out.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Image1.jpg

Looks like Inglis is guilty of having a larger body than Young. For that the pc brigade will want Inglis suspended for months.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Too late. About post 9 I think.

Besides his stupidity wasn't needed, you substituted fine tonight, and you're contributing a greater degree of stupidity than even he has so far. Looks like you've cemented your bona fides in that regard. Congrats.

Not only was Young NOT falling, he was no longer moving forward. He was being held still by the first defender and had both hands on the ball. Was defenceless, unaware and unprepared.

Inglis should have been sent, that he wasn't is a disgrace. If Prior got five for a shove that went wrong and the bloke was able to get up and play on, that's worth 8. Yet the consensus in here was that Prior should be shot, hung and then murdered, whilst GI's was a 'good hit'. Bewildering, but comes with the territory I guess.

Gi's smirk on avoiding being sent says it all really. Speaks to the character of the individual and underlines his knowledge that he's part of a protected elite. I don't expect he'll get what he deserves from the MRC. However karma has a way of sorting things out in life in general. His time will come.

And what do you find so stupid? That I think shoulder charges are a great part of the game, or that the initial contact was clean?

kurt faulk

Coach
First point of contact was the shoulder, momentum caused Young head to slam into Inglis shoulder.

Was no leaving of the ground making the tackle either.

actually the momentum of inglis' shoulder and inglis charging in an upright position caused the head clash. as reckless a tackle as you will see.

he should get 6 weeks but this is the nrl so he will probably get off because it's not his go.

blaza88z

Coach
in my professional analysis he was falling, falling right off the shoulder of G.I after having his jawline dismantled

6 weeks if they're fair dinkum, the worst of the most recent gone wrong shoulder charges

HowHigh

Coach
lol @ the geniused Dragon haters
Threads like these always bring them out in force

And for the Souths fans, I garuntee you would be wanting Young out for a few weeks if it was the other way around and he had done that to Inglis.

RedV6

Juniors
so who is running running the game now. Lets see if John Grant is reactionary on this one.....

ANTiLAG

First Grade
lol @ the geniused Dragon haters
Threads like these always bring them out in force

And for the Souths fans, I garuntee you would be wanting Young out for a few weeks if it was the other way around and he had done that to Inglis.

:lol::lol:

Get over yourself and your persecution complex. You're not Manly. You've only been around since 1999, you're not old enough for people to "hate" you other than maybe some from the Shire.

As for us lol@Souths fans defending Inglis, perhaps we like the shoulder charge as part of the game.

Last edited:

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Merge fans. The most pathetic human beings in existence. Your bitching only makes tonight sweeter, to be honest. The incident was unfortunate, though. I'll be honest. Unfortunate because a medi-cab carried Dean from the field. It should have been a hearse.