What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for GI???

super_coach

First Grade
100% illegal tackle. The actual grading of the charge will be interesting. Of the shoulder charges that have gone wrong this season Gi's would take some beating. Should be a three week ban at least but their has always been different rules for different players and I think the NRL want GI playing football with the form he is in so I expect he will get a week

aussie7798

First Grade
Same defence as Kasiano. Young was dragged down just before contact and GI had no time to adjust.

The only problem with that is

HE WAS NOT FALLING

I dont mind them keeping the shoulder charge but attach intent to it you choose to use it you take the risk that you miss and collect your opponent then you cop the hefty suspension

Generalzod

Immortal
Please...

Last year, 10 years ago that would have been classed as the hit of the year. Kids still play the game. The think of the children defense is ridiculous. You play rugby league, you are going to get belted, sometimes in the head. Prior to this year, accidental contact with the head was ok and had been for 100 years. Suddenly the PC brigade have taken hold and things have changed. The game will suffer because of it.

The NRL has a duty of care to protect players the shoulder charge should be banned, they banned it in union and its worked fine for them.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
That doesn't dismiss the fact that there was heavy contact to the head.

Really ? You are a knobjockey. Although we all knew that already.

Namecalling when someone disagrees with yolur point of view is not going to get you far.

Initial contact was clean as shown in the photo.

Snappy

Coach
Says the bloke claiming Young tried to headbutt (or bite) Inglis' shoulder :roll:

troll a bit harder mate

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Inglis has been trying those tackles where he monsters the opponent for quite a while. Sometimes it comes off - recall one on Hoffman in the v Broncos game a few weeks back that came off well. He got it way wrong against Young - footage shows him spring off the ground and clearly belting Young in the head, knocking him out cold. Nothing wrong with the shoulder charge but there must be long suspensions when players get it wrong and hit the head. See ya in a month or two, Greg.

the dude

Juniors
f**k me.. can't believe some are saying 5-6 weeks. seriously, it was a good hit. dean young has no one to blame but himself for not even bracing himself for the tackle that was obviously imminent.

1 week MAX but even that is too much.

Red Bear

Referee
Souths fans are deluded for thinking he'll get off scot free.

I'd give out a 6 week suspension, 2 to Inglis for the hit, 2 for each of the dickheads from both teams fighting over Young as he lay on the ground and 2 for the trainer for not knowing how to apply a neckbrace upside down.
Yeah, Merrin going in and trying to fight Farrell was really stupid

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The NRL has a duty of care to protect players the shoulder charge should be banned, they banned it in union and its worked fine for them.

This is not union.

Good luck with that duty of care in a professional contact sport. The McCracken Kearney case should let you know that if someone intentionally acts way outside the rules then the suit is against the players individually, not the governing body. Personally I think GI intended to act in accordance with the rules as the initial contact was clean.

Everyone knows that being hit in the head and getting knocked out is not good for you, but people still box. Should boxing commissions have a duty of care imposed against them to make sure noone gets hit in the head?

Your duty of care argument for shoulder charges, tackles, or indeed any head contact against the NRL would be rightly laughed out of court. Contrary to what you might have seen in Boston Legal...

Professional contact sports... big bucks and big rewards for big risks to physical health...

Seriously your argument is as weak as someone suing the MCC for being hit on the head by a bouncer, even if it was the first or the third one for the over...

Last edited:

stg666

Juniors
different kind of rabbit. you really need to ease up on the carrots and get more brain food into you because you are one dumb wabbit. as a moderator ,you are a disgrace.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
f**k me.. can't believe some are saying 5-6 weeks. seriously, it was a good hit. dean young has no one to blame but himself for not even bracing himself for the tackle that was obviously imminent.

1 week MAX but even that is too much.

Agreed with the bold.

bottle

Coach
Initial contact by Inglis is clearly accross the chest, shoulder and arm of Young. Young then tries to headbutt (or chinbutt, maybe even bite... filthy play by Young) Inglis's shoulder and gets knocked out. I cannot see what Inglis could have done to prevent Young from harming himself in that situation.

I may change my position if Bunniesman enters and destroys this thread with stupidity.
Too late. About post 9 I think.

Besides his stupidity wasn't needed, you substituted fine tonight, and you're contributing a greater degree of stupidity than even he has so far. Looks like you've cemented your bona fides in that regard. Congrats.

Not only was Young NOT falling, he was no longer moving forward. He was being held still by the first defender and had both hands on the ball. Was defenceless, unaware and unprepared.

Inglis should have been sent, that he wasn't is a disgrace. If Prior got five for a shove that went wrong and the bloke was able to get up and play on, that's worth 8. Yet the consensus in here was that Prior should be shot, hung and then murdered, whilst GI's was a 'good hit'. Bewildering, but comes with the territory I guess.

Gi's smirk on avoiding being sent says it all really. Speaks to the character of the individual and underlines his knowledge that he's part of a protected elite. I don't expect he'll get what he deserves from the MRC. However karma has a way of sorting things out in life in general. His time will come.

Packy

Bench
Have a look at the picture. At point of impact both his feet are on the ground and his knees are bent. He's not even at full height.

And the video stops there does it?

It was high. There were no mitigating circumstances. He got the head as part of the tackle. I reckon he's gonna do time.