What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for GI???

Hanscholo

Bench
2 imo.

I dont think there was any malice in it. He caught his head, he has knocked him out 2 weeks. I think hitting people in the head like that has to be rubbed out. It was reckless or careless.

Hanscholo

Bench
Image1.jpg

Looks legit to me.

Great performance by GI tonight. Superstar of the game.

Apart from the part where he smashes him in the face. Who cares where the first point of contact is? If you hit someone in the head and knock them out, you get suspended.

Rabbitude

Juniors
Frank Pritchard was suspended for a week for a similar type of tackle on David Simmons in Round 1.

Inglis has a clean record, however there is such an uproar over this tackle he will probably get around 2-3 weeks.

If the tackle had occurred in an Origin match he wouldn't even be suspended as we all know that anything goes in Origin, including being allowed to punch a player in the face while he is on the ground (hello Brent Tate)

Big Pete

Referee
As I said elsewhere, does anyone else have a problem that the victim receives no compensation?

Instead, the possible suspension will likely have negative ramifications for the Dragons as Souths will go onto play two other top 8 fringe sides in Wests and the Titans.

Unsure how you can compensate a side though. Possibly a sin bin?

Jason Maher

Immortal
You could try a modified send off rule where the perp can't take any further part in the game, but he can be repalced. So basically the team of the offending player has to play the rest of the game in the same circumstances as the team of the victim - a reduced bench. I can see potential for manipulation however - if you get hit by the opposition star player, play dead and sit the rest of the game out, forcing the opposition star player to do the same.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
None, their was nothing wrong with it. But the NRL have been cracking down on this, made contact with the head, player was stretchered off, he's looking at 3 or 4 weeks.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I'd like him to play next week, I thought it was an awesome hit. Since the nrl is outlawing these hits, hopefully it's Only a week or two.

Feel bad for dead young though, it was an insane hit.

super_coach

First Grade
For the people who say their was nothing wrong with it, its a mans game etc pull your heads out of the sand its 2012.

Most sports are smart enough now to realize they have a duty of care and face massive legal cases if they dont protect their players.

What Inglis did was illegal and deserves a hefty suspension, okay it might have just been bad luck, but it was illegal. As a sport the NRL must get the message through that yes its okay to shoulder charge or go for the big hit but if you miss for any reason and I stress for any reason you get the book thrown at you. Now I dont care if Young was falling and Inglis was unlucky, that will not stack up in a court of law in ten years time when Young claims head aches, memory loss and sleep problems.

Inglis is probably the best footballer in the comp, the NRL need to deliver a fair but strong ruling on this one. Anything shy of three weeks would IMO be a weak outcome.

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
Shoulder charge gone horribly wrong, 2-3 weeks with an early guilty plea. Maybe less when you bring in the protected species factor.

GI certainly hits hard though, you'd hate to be his girlfriend when he is protecting you from harming yourself.

Stewie

Juniors
Shoulder charge gone horribly wrong, 2-3 weeks with an early guilty plea. Maybe less when you bring in the protected species factor.

GI certainly hits hard though, you'd hate to be his girlfriend when he is protecting you from harming yourself.

If he can somehow convince the match review committee that Dean Young is a woman he'll get off. G.I can smash as many women in the face as he likes.

DC_fan

Coach
After watching it on the big screen at ANZ I thought he should have been sent off. To me it looked more that he connected Young with his forearm or Elbow then it did with his shoulder.

I suspect he will get anywhere between 3 and 5 weeks.

First Grade
I have many reasons to dislike Inglis
1. Salary cap rorting cheat.
2. Lied about playing for Hunter sports High at the age of 16 which made him eligible for NSW origin.
3. The smirk he had on his face after they never sent him off last night.

He deserve 3-4 weeks will get 1-2.

I think a special mention should go to the trainer who unselfishly positioned his body over that of Young when all the farkwits were starting a push and shove match over the top of a unprotected unconcious player.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
If Inglis was a nuffie he'd get 6-8 weeks and be made an example of. Shoulder charges are spectacular and give the game plenty of highlight reels but this one was dead set dangerous. Will get 2-3 weeks because of his good record. Interesting to see the bunnies fans claiming there was nothing in it.....they'd be squealing like pigs if it happened to one of their own!

DC_fan

Coach
3. The smirk he had on his face after they never sent him off last night.

I noticed that too. Not sure why the expression on his face. Could be that he thought he was lucky to be still on the field.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
A lot was working against Inglis... Farrel being around the legs meant that while Young hadn't fallen a long way, he was off balance. Then the fact Young wasn't looking made it look much worse than it was...

But the game these days is a bit funny on shoulder charges. They use the ones that come off well in their promos, and condemn the ones that miss even slightly as dangerous... and they are. But you can't sit Greg out for 4-6 weeks for a hit that was pretty touch and go.

End of the day, he made contact with the attacking players head. He has had a perfect record up to this point. Give him a week. There was a lot that went against him in that tackle that was out of his control... but not as much as went against Young

Latest posts