What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for GI???

KiamaSaint

Coach
Shoulder charge gone horribly wrong, 2-3 weeks with an early guilty plea. Maybe less when you bring in the protected species factor.

This, although I think he will get 1-2 weeks.

What is crazy is if he makes a tackle rather than a shoulder charge it would have been just as big and probably legal.

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
If the tackle had occurred in an Origin match he wouldn't even be suspended as we all know that anything goes in Origin, including being allowed to punch a player in the face while he is on the ground (hello Brent Tate)

You spelt Jarryd Hayne Wrong.

Bananabender

Juniors
Hopefully he'll get nothing! Keep in line with all the other stupid judiciary decisions made to the other teams given favouritism over and over again.

Inglis should get 6 for just being a merkin and playing for Crowe's merry wankers f**k I hate souths supporters bunch of toothless dick heads.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
He's a grub and a dope in one.
If you were playing the drags the last player you'd take out would be Dean Young
Would be like taking out Fitzhenry or Morris in their halcyon Tigers years
The opposition was always more of a chance when they were on the paddock

gypsy

Bench
8 weeks for high G.I.

6 weeks for Isaac Luke for the carrying on while Young was being taken from the field.
Very inappropriate time for laughter and throat slitting motions. In a time where we are trying to
promote the game to kids (and their parents to let them play), this was a disgraceful act and damaging for the code.

I know Luke rivals Dave Taylor in the low IQ stakes, but he deserves a suspension for this.

gronkathon

First Grade
Don't worry too much about Isaac.

Take solice in the fact he has pissed the great majority of his money up the wall over the years and is one of those guys who will be lucky to drive a forklift after their NRL career is over

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Clearly the vision shows that Inglis hit Young in the head. The tackle was intentional, that is GI wanted to smash him, but it wasn't intentially a head shot just a high risk tackle that was always going to be a 50/50 chance of being a great shot or a high tackle.

Will probably get 2-3 weeks. I also question the stupidity of the players starting the push and shove over the top of the injured player. Showed a real concern for his welfare.

8 weeks for high G.I.

6 weeks for Isaac Luke for the carrying on while Young was being taken from the field.
Very inappropriate time for laughter and throat slitting motions. In a time where we are trying to
promote the game to kids (and their parents to let them play), this was a disgraceful act and damaging for the code.

I know Luke rivals Dave Taylor in the low IQ stakes, but he deserves a suspension for this.

Its a tough Physical game,& i as a parent know that sometimes tackles go wrong,but that is not a problem.
Spear tackles,stiff arms etc are not acceptable.

As for promoting the game ,Look at AFL ,you can blindside opponents,you can use their back as a step ladder,so cut the crap about damaging the code.

I will go to training(un 13s) next week ,& all the kids will be talking about it.
None will be leaving RL because of it,for the simple reason ,it wasnt a blatent cheap shot.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Clearly the vision shows that Inglis hit Young in the head. The tackle was intentional, that is GI wanted to smash him, but it wasn't intentially a head shot just a high risk tackle that was always going to be a 50/50 chance of being a great shot or a high tackle.

Will probably get 2-3 weeks. I also question the stupidity of the players starting the push and shove over the top of the injured player. Showed a real concern for his welfare.

I agree with all of that.

gypsy

Bench
Its a tough Physical game,& i as a parent know that sometimes tackles go wrong,but that is not a problem.
Spear tackles,stiff arms etc are not acceptable.

As for promoting the game ,Look at AFL ,you can blindside opponents,you can use their back as a step ladder,so cut the crap about damaging the code.

I will go to training(un 13s) next week ,& all the kids will be talking about it.
None will be leaving RL because of it,for the simple reason ,it wasnt a blatent cheap shot.

Speaking of crap, thanks for that contribution.

If you actually read and comprehended the post, you'd see the disgraceful act I mentioned, was from Luke sitting in the crowd. A kid seeing a recognised star laughing and throat slitting when someone is being stretchered off (possibly with serious injuries) isn't a good look.

My post wasn't about the actual tackle, or any of the other nonsense you dribbled about.
Merkin.

I don't care about your training.

Last edited:

aussie7798

First Grade
Simple attach intent to the shoulder charge if you get it wrong be aware that your going off and your going to get a hefty suspension

innsaneink

Referee
8 weeks for high G.I.

I didnt see that.....though I did see him - shock horror - smiling

Thought we'd have heard more of this if in fact it happened...maybe he was doing it towards his team mate - ie: "Youre gooorne"

LESStar58

Referee
I heard they were talking on Grandstand about possible criminal charges being laid for the tackle.