What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Jeremy Smith?

Snappy

Coach
Here's a tip for NZ players. Dont do dirty illegal shit and you wont get suspended for test matches.

Yeah because you'd never see an Aussie do dirty illegal shit. :lol:

No shit. My comment was aimed at butthurt NZ fans who claim the Judiciary has an agenda of sitting out NZ'ers from test matches. There has been multiple in this thread already.

Misanthrope

Staff member
No shit. My comment was aimed at butthurt NZ fans who claim the Judiciary has an agenda of sitting out NZ'ers from test matches. There has been multiple in this thread already.

History certainly paints that picture, and I'm not an NZ fan.

hugzy

Juniors
Uhhhh I was shellshocked it was even a penalty, that happens in like every third tackle. Panthers did that all night to bj leilua, I thought it was.all good

Canard

Immortal
Certainly suspect that if an Aussie Test player was carried out the same act, he may not have been cited.

And Im as Aussie as casual racism

Grapple

Bench
I'm not sure what the rule book says about slamming a players head into the ground, but I don't see what it has to do with tackling. Just another grubby, wrestling type play that simply doesn't need to be in the game.

Canard

Immortal
I'm not sure what the rule book says about slamming a players head into the ground, but I don't see what it has to do with tackling. Just another grubby, wrestling type play that simply doesn't need to be in the game.

Agreed. It was a shit thing to do.

I thought it was "officially" outlawed a couple of seasons back?

But yeah its a suspension at this time of season if he is a Kiwi, but not if he was an Aussie.

Thats the rules, so suck it up our Kiwi cousins.....

Grapple

Bench
Agreed. It was a shit thing to do.

I thought it was "officially" outlawed a couple of seasons back?

But yeah its a suspension at this time of season if he is a Kiwi, but not if he was an Aussie.

Thats the rules, so suck it up our Kiwi cousins.....

Well i'm a Kiwi, and he will be sorely missed in our squad but hands down he deserves to get a suspension for that dog act.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should count himself lucky it isn't the week before the World Cup starts or he'd have been outed for 6 weeks!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Charged with grade 3 dangerous contact.

4 weeks with the early plea, 6 if he fights it and loses.

The game has officially gone soft.

Mr Saab

Referee
Charged with grade 3 dangerous contact.

4 weeks with the early plea, 6 if he fights it and loses.

The game has officially gone soft.

Yep....i didnt think it was that bad, but when you get stretchered off it just puts on a few extra games.

The Rosco

Bench
Ya see, Smith is one of those players we hate . . . when he's playing for the opposition . . . yet most of us would love to have him in our forward pack.

He's a dirty merkin too !.
His problem is that his reputation is out there. Dirty play is considered to be "his go".

Now, if only he were Slater or Smith . . . . .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yep....i didnt think it was that bad, but when you get stretchered off it just puts on a few extra games.
And I think that's the ridiculous part. If Robinson doesn't get stretchered off, he probably doesn't even get put on report.

I knew he'd be charged, but Grade 3 is a dreadful case of overkill.

firechild

First Grade
And I think that's the ridiculous part. If Robinson doesn't get stretchered off, he probably doesn't even get put on report.

I knew he'd be charged, but Grade 3 is a dreadful case of overkill.

Happens all the time. Fa'aoso got charged with a grade 3 dangerous contact because Ashley Harrison got stretchered off and had a concussion. Buderus didn't even cop a penalty for the same thing (shoulder charge that resulted in an accidental head clash) despite the tackle resulting in a fractured cheekbone.

Mr Saab

Referee
Buderus didn't even cop a penalty for the same thing (shoulder charge that resulted in an accidental head clash) despite the tackle resulting in a fractured cheekbone.

That was an absolute farce and totally ridicules this "should charge" crackdown.

betcats

Referee
Jeremy Smith is a filthy dog. Watch him and count the amount of times he brings a forearm/elbow down on someones head during a game while making a tackle.