What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how many weeks for Kony

SilentOne

Juniors
I remember Ben Ross doing that against Steve Rapira and it literally ripped his ear off. He got nothing from what I recall.

carcharias

Immortal
bbb99dfd15a0f522fb748b865143c4b8

morley101

Juniors
0 weeks

Topou was coming in from the side... instead of using his left shoulder and putting his head behind Hurrell he put his head in front of Hurell.
If Topou was doing a front-on tackle then Hurrell would be looking at 6 weeks.

carcharias

Immortal
The video is clear
Lifts knee straight into topous face.
At no time in the run up does his knee go anywhere near that high.
It actually looks deliberate.

he's gonski.

I heard Paul Gallen talking about it on the radio yesterday. He said that he had watched the video several times and that his view was that Tupou made contact with Hurrell's hip. I can't imagine that Gal would be saying this if the powers that be at the Sharks thought otherwise.

RWB

Bench
The video is clear
Lifts knee straight into topous face.
At no time in the run up does his knee go anywhere near that high.
It actually looks deliberate.

he's gonski.

He's going for a hip bump. Has nothing to do with his running style but a bump off technique he's been using for years.

carcharias

Immortal
Hip bump that didn't work probably isn't taken into account.
Knee straight into the face probably is.

He'll wind up with a charge and doing time. You can argue all you like but if that is how he runs "all the time" then it was only a matter of time that something like this happened. It may not have been deliberate but you could easily make a case for it being reckless.

Additionally, a hip bump?! Really? I didn't know the knee was part of the hip :crazy:

lockyno1

Post Whore
He's going for a hip bump. Has nothing to do with his running style but a bump off technique he's been using for years.

It is an awful technique and it should be punished purely on that alone. You can't run like that and NOT cause serious injuries.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I still think his face hit his leg.

But I think he should be suspended, but a small one, no more than 2 weeks. If one suspension discourages him from running like that in the future, then it's worth it.

The whole point of suspension is to discourage bad technique.