What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell?

Manu could have been forgiven for going over there to start a ruckus and swing at Latrell, but for me he looked extremely upset at someone who’s supposed to be a mate, and basically called Latrell on that low act.
Twice Manu went over there and twice he was met with an arrogant, unapologetic piece of shit. Pretty much caved the dudes cheekbone in and he acts like that. Says so much about the kind of person Latrell is, I hope they throw the book at him
That’s what struck me as well. He may have had issue with the club’s management but he left on good terms with the players as was still mates with all of them, especially Joey.

Seeing you've made the decision not to watch the nrl this year how can you judge?

Morning Greeny!

How are you today?

images

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I don’t like roosters nor Robinson. But 1
Player I actually like is Manu, the guy is fair hard and does not have any grubiness in him. For his coach to go off like that I give him the keys to the new stadium. What Latrell did in the mafia they’d call that a professional hit. Knowing exactly what you doing and when to take a man out. The guy is a eff!! Grub and I’m sick of his good bloke stories. What about Manu. I actually felt so sad to see him like that it was a disgrace. So latrells punishment should equal the weeks JM would be sidelined as it is one of the grubbiest dog acts on the field I’ve seen. Meant or not he did it. And to JM I wish my team had 13 if you as your are a true champion

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
After all his broo haha over protecting players he needs to take a stand. After suspending players left right and centre for far far less and replying "you just cant hit anyone in the head" and "we have to protect our player" he needs to take a stand.

Latrells tackle was reckless, late and high and hit with enough force to demolish a cheekbone. Even in the 80's it was a 15-18 week suspension FFS.

The stage is yours Mr Vlandys. I personally don't think we will even hear from him.

since when has PVL been on the judiciary ?

Robbo will get more than 10k. Didn’t he already have a fine suspended for the presser after the Parra game with Hutch’s knees in the back incident?

Ive got a lot of time for Robinson. Saw the presser on replay, and he said what I suggest most people were thinking. And in a controlled manner, not over-emotional or ranting which can take a lot away from someone’s message.

The Hutchison one, and this one… the two worst of the year from the blunker. Both on his team. The way he handled himself in both is commendable for mine… remembering coaches have to do a presser shortly after the game when the emotions and adrenaline will still be running high..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ive got a lot of time for Robinson. Saw the presser on replay, and he said what I suggest most people were thinking. And in a controlled manner, not over-emotional or ranting which can take a lot away from someone’s message.

Yeah, he's not up to the Ricky's Rant status just yet, he's way too logical for that, but yeah, that's gonna cost him

nick87

Coach
Skeepe is actually talking sense. CHN was facing 7 weeks but only got 3 due to 7 years of good behaviour.

It is hard to argue this hit isn't worse than that.

latrell’s hit was significantly worse
I watched it again this morning to make sure i wasn’t over reacting

I genuinely think that was the worst shot I’ve seen this year, and by some distance

It had intent to injure, was reckless, bordering on intentional imo with the way he comes in.
He aimed high, hit high, flush on the face with force and caused significant injury
I mean that’s a full f**king house

it’s gotta be a very long sit down
It probably worth no charge but a direct referral imo

Valheru

Coach

The Hutchison one, and this one… the two worst of the year from the blunker. Both on his team. The way he handled himself in both is commendable for mine… remembering coaches have to do a presser shortly after the game when the emotions and adrenaline will still be running high..

Well said.

The unfortunate thing is that the crack down will well and truly be back on resulting in players getting binned for innocuous contact and we will have to hear about how it is Robbo's fault and he wants all high contact to be binned.

Tigertail

Juniors
Latrell thinks the world is against him, his a star player and he can do as he pleases, then after the game smiles and jokes around, however in reality he is just a THUG. NRL really needs to crack down on him, does not matter that he is good player, all players should be treated the same. End of season for him and Souths.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It will be an interesting watch.The Robinson blow up and the fact that it was on a prime time game V the Roosters means they wont be able to bury it like they did the Brimson broken jaw 2 weeks ago. The MRC will be doing everything possible to give him 2-3 weeks to ensure he’s there for a Prelim so it will be a Grade 2 Careless High tackle or Grade 1 Striking, however with loading I'm not sure if that will take it up to 3 or 4?

OffenceGrade 1 Grade 2 Grade 3
Tripping$1,500 or 100200300
Kicking200300400
Striking200300400
Reckless High Tackle400500600
Intentional High TackleRefer to panelRefer to panelRefer to panel
Careless High Tackle$1,500 or 100200300
Dropping Knees200300400
Dangerous Throw$1,500 or 100300500
Contrary Conduct$1,500 or 100200300
Detrimental Conduct$1,500 or 100200300
Dangerous Contact - Other$1,500 or 100200300