What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Sonny-Bill?

Danish

Referee
Danny Buderus broke Ferguson's cheekbone with a direct shoulder charge to the head and wasn't even penalised on the field, nor sited afterwards.

So if thats the precedent, then 0 weeks.

I expect he'll get 1-2 weeks though given his carryover points. Grade 1 or 2

Cliffhanger

Coach
If he gets two weeks I won't complain.

The shoulder charge being banned was one of the most pussy decisions the NRL ever made.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Andrew Everingham pleaded guilty to a Grade 2 shoulder charge vs Cowboys and copped 2 weeks. SBW's shoulder charge today was worse than this one so has to be a Grade 3 at least which is 500 points minimum. SBW has to be suspended for 3 weeks minimum even with an early guilty plea

Lambretta

First Grade
We've won 6/18 penalty counts this year moron.

The Roosters have won three
Bunnies Man is right - there are a different set of rules for the Roosters - they're out to get us :p

SBW deserves two weeks for the hit. It was with the shoulder and in the face. Yes, he was second man there and the ball carrier was falling so it was just bad timing, but you just can't hit people in the head.

Having said that - the judiciary will either give him 0 weeks or 5 (both of which will utterly ridiculous)

Lambretta

First Grade
Danny Buderus broke Ferguson's cheekbone with a direct shoulder charge to the head and wasn't even penalised on the field, nor sited afterwards.

Buderus wasn't cited - SBW was, on the field by the referees - therein lies the difference

Lucas-Con

Juniors
If they really wanted to prove a point Melbournes big 3 would spend half their season on the side lines simple fact is you suspend sonny bill for this despite the fact there have been worse offences then I for one will be calling bullshit.

user_nat

Coach
First roll a dice and then flip a coin. If heads then double the dice roll. If tails halve it. That's how many weeks he'll get.

However, if he has a get out of jail free card, then no weeks.

Hopefully the NRL won't mind me leaking their system.

steve136

Juniors
Mason was held up by 2 guys and SBW comes in with the shoulder to the head.
Gutless act by a gutless player. I couldn't care less about the Roosters (with Pearce and Maloney as as halves they'll choke in the big games anyway), but it'll be a joke if SBW doesn't get at least 3/4 weeks.

Mason was held up by 2 guys and SBW comes in with the shoulder to the head.
Gutless act by a gutless player. I couldn't care less about the Roosters (with Pearce and Maloney as as halves they'll choke in the big games anyway), but it'll be a joke if SBW doesn't get at least 3/4 weeks.

At least they get there. What has your lover Mullen done in his career?

Lambretta

First Grade
First roll a dice and then flip a coin. If heads then double the dice roll. If tails halve it. That's how many weeks he'll get.

However, if he has a get out of jail free card, then no weeks.

Hopefully the NRL won't mind me leaking their system.

You forgot to add - if the panels favourite teams lost this week add 3 weeks if they won take 1 week off. If the offending player is due to play the panels favourite teams in the next few weeks add however many weeks are needed to ensure he's not available

If the offender is a Kiwi and a test against Australia is coming up within 6 weeks add 7 weeks

If the offender is due to play State of Origin and is popular, no case to answer. Same if he's due to play for Australia against the Kiwis

If there are seven other cases of the same thing happening - make sure that 3 of them got the same loading, two got nothing, one got one more week than the others who were given time off and one was given 5 more weeks. (hopefully that one will be the Kiwi due to play a test against Australia). That way no one will have a f**king clue what you're going to do and if they complain you can point to one of the other cases and say it was the same as that one.

Is that all clear now?

steve136

Juniors
At least they get there. What has your lover Mullen done in his career?
Mullen played like sh*t today.
The thing I can't stand is supporters who are blind to their own players mistakes. Roosters' fans crying about Buderus and Slater getting no suspension...who cares???? Since when has consistency ever been the NRL's mantra? I'm more concerned that they get this one right than stuff up another decision to be honest.
But yes, Pearce and Mullen and Maloney are garbage right now.

Lambretta

First Grade
The thing I can't stand is supporters who are blind to their own players mistakes. Roosters' fans crying about Buderus and Slater getting no suspension...who cares???? Since when has consistency ever been the NRL's mantra? I'm more concerned that they get this one right than stuff up another decision to be honest.

Any more blind than the Souths fans calling for five or six weeks?

I think two weeks is fair. So do some other Easts fans on here
Thats hardly no suspension

Yes, Mullen was garbage but Pearce and Maloney weren't. Stats don't lie.

Pearce: Kick Metres 310, LB 0, LBA 0, TB 2, TA 1, Tries 0
Maloney: Kick Metres 290, LB 0, LBA 1, TB 1, TA 1, Tries 0

So together our halves made 600m off the boot, 1 line break assist, 3 tackle breaks and 2 try assists.

Mullen: KM 402, LB 0, LBA 0, TB 1, TA 0, Tries 0
Roberts: KM 120, LB 0, LBA 0, TB 0, TA 0, Tries 0

Your halves made 522m off the boot, 1 tackle break... aaaaand that's it. Our halves are out of your league and they had an off day! Lets compare to the always praised Souffs halves.

Sutton: KM 384, LB 0, LBA 1, TB 1, TA 0, Tries 0
Reynolds: KM 93, LB 0, LBA, 0, TB 0, TA 0, Tries 0

Combined kick metres of 477 metres, 1 line break assist, 1 tackle break and that's all. Which set of halves out of the 3 had the best stats this weekend?

DJShaksta

First Grade
Can you get Pearce and Maloney's c0cks out of your mouth for 5 mins?
And no, in that 5 mins you can't have them in your ass.

Can you get Pearce and Maloney's c0cks out of your mouth for 5 mins?
And no, in that 5 mins you can't have them in your ass.

Hey I'll be first to admit that Carney had better stats this weekend than any abovementioned player. But then I'd just bring up last weekend.

Latest posts