What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Sua'ali'i

How many weeks for Sua'ali'i

• 2-3

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • 4-5

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • 6-8

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Yeah, he no doubt got some superstar loading for cleaning up such a popular player in a massive game.

In all seriousness, I’m not saying there’s actually a way to properly factor this in, but I think he should get some loading for that. Not ‘superstar’, but ‘key opposition player in a big game’. There’s little doubt in my mind that this partly happened because NSW were under instruction to smash Walsh legally or otherwise. That takes it more into deliberate territory than just a tackle gone wrong or whatever.

no name

Coach
In all seriousness, I’m not saying there’s actually a way to properly factor this in, but I think he should get some loading for that. Not ‘superstar’, but ‘key opposition player in a big game’. There’s little doubt in my mind that this partly happened because NSW were under instruction to smash Walsh legally or otherwise. That takes it more into deliberate territory than just a tackle gone wrong or whatever.
I was being serious. If you’re going to iron someone out, which I wouldn’t recommend, do it on a 6pm Friday game to a fringe first grader. You’ll be facing a couple of weeks. The media hype over origin and Walsh himself earned Suaalii an extra few weeks. There is no way in any world that Suaalii’s tackle was worse than Dom Young on Taaffe.
There is no way it was deliberate, Walsh takes the ball deep into the line, which presents an opportunity for him to cop a heavy hit.
He slipped which led to Suaalii getting it wrong and both paid the price.

Vee

First Grade
Interesting view, can't disagree.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I was being serious. If you’re going to iron someone out, which I wouldn’t recommend, do it on a 6pm Friday game to a fringe first grader. You’ll be facing a couple of weeks. The media hype over origin and Walsh himself earned Suaalii an extra few weeks. There is no way in any world that Suaalii’s tackle was worse than Dom Young on Taaffe.
There is no way it was deliberate, Walsh takes the ball deep into the line, which presents an opportunity for him to cop a heavy hit.
He slipped which led to Suaalii getting it wrong and both paid the price.

It’s not media hype over Walsh though. It’s genuinely him being one of Queensland’s key players being wiped out 7 minutes into the game. It’s potentially massively consequential to the outcome of the game itself, not just for kids watching on TV wanting to see Walshy score a try.

I’m not saying there’s no media hype around Walsh, just that the existence of media hype doesn’t mean that he doesn’t actually have an impact on the game.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He smashed a guy flush in the noggin with his shoulder. It was reckless and 4 weeks is on the money.

One of the great origin careers.

no name

Coach
It’s not media hype over Walsh though. It’s genuinely him being one of Queensland’s key players being wiped out 7 minutes into the game. It’s potentially massively consequential to the outcome of the game itself, not just for kids watching on TV wanting to see Walshy score a try.

I’m not saying there’s no media hype around Walsh, just that the existence of media hype doesn’t mean that he doesn’t actually have an impact on the game.
The status of the ‘victim’, for want of a better word, shouldn’t impact on punishment.
It clearly has in this case.
I was a bit skeptical about Sualii getting picked and it clearly didn’t work, but he shouldn’t cop extra weeks because it was Walsh that was on the receiving end.
Suaalii should fight for a downgrade and just play the Dom Young tackle.

dogslife

Coach
Silver lining to such a brief origin career. At least in 20 years, kids will genuinely be able to look back and say they've never heard of the f**ker

no name

Coach
Silver lining to such a brief origin career. At least in 20 years, kids will genuinely be able to look back and say they've never heard of the f**ker
No way in the world will he be forgotten. Especially once Walsh comes back and plays good Origin games. Suaalii will be remembered as much as Walsh is when he is done because of the tackle.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The status of the ‘victim’, for want of a better word, shouldn’t impact on punishment.
It clearly has in this case.
I was a bit skeptical about Sualii getting picked and it clearly didn’t work, but he shouldn’t cop extra weeks because it was Walsh that was on the receiving end.
Suaalii should fight for a downgrade and just play the Dom Young tackle.

My point is he wouldn’t be copping extra because it happened to be Walsh, but because in large part this happened BECAUSE it was Walsh.

Agree to disagree on that. I don’t think he’s deliberately tried to take his head off but I also don’t believe for a second that it’s accurate to call this totally accidental and I think it being Walsh is part of the reason for that. And I know this is all hypothetical because you could never account for that in the actual judicial process.

Valheru

Coach
To be real for a minute, we don't actually know how he would have went. He got a tackle wrong and paid the price. Prior to that his couple of runs were quite good.

I don't think he should have been picked originally but I also don't think this will be his last chance. He will be back in league within a few years.

no name

Coach
My point is he wouldn’t be copping extra because it happened to be Walsh, but because in large part this happened BECAUSE it was Walsh.

Agree to disagree on that. I don’t think he’s deliberately tried to take his head off but I also don’t believe for a second that it’s accurate to call this totally accidental and I think it being Walsh is part of the reason for that. And I know this is all hypothetical because you could never account for that in the actual judicial process.
NSW and Madge would be mad not to try and focus on shutting Walsh down. He takes the ball into the line. They f**ked it up this time but there will be a focus on shutting Walsh down in every game he plays.