What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters
Genuinely surprised at the major sook factor coming out of QLD. Even more so that Tallis has the gall to act as sook in chief. Surely this is a gee up?

Grow a pair already.

Go back in time and send Tate off for 10 in Game 3 when he punched Bird, than you can rewind and get Gallen 10 as well and we'll call it even. I'm pretty sure the results of both games would be pretty different.

Dazzat

First Grade
Basically Queensland is full of scum and noble Paul Gallen decided to put an end to it. He's a bit like a real life super hero when you think of it.

Let's see what Gallen "superhero" achieved then.

I was looking at Myles' face after the game - not a scratch!

Myles was unfazed by the whole thing and hasn't complained.

Gallen is looking like a superhero from this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXFR1L_gOg8

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Genuinely surprised at the major sook factor coming out of QLD. Even more so that Tallis has the gall to act as sook in chief. Surely this is a gee up?

Grow a pair already.

You're surprised about Queenslanders sooking? State of origin is based on QLD whinging - 'boo hoo hoo, all our players are going to nsw and playing against us, lets make it State of Origin instead'.

isaiah

Bench
Gallen was really imature once upon a time, not saying he's completely taken that out of his game but he has really changed from those incidents that happened 3 plus years ago. I'll agree, what he did to Laffrancie was just awful, they should have locked him up and thrown away the keys for that sh1z and a lot of those other incidents hold against him as well. But honestly Nate Myles is no different, he's worse actually. He's a little b@stard who goes around being the the third man into a tackle and continously leading with his head or elbow. See in game 3 last year when he smashed Farrah's face with an elbow? not to mention his little cristiano ronaldo play on Jarryd Hayne earlier on. The guy is a grub, only difference is, he gets away with it and Gallen doesn't. What Gallen did really sent Myles a message - we're not gonna take that sh!t anymore and funnily enough he was quieter after that. And also I find it ironic how someone like Mick Crocker says that Gallen is a dirty player, that's like the devil complaining about someone stealing.

i agree that gal has cleaned up his act and he had to. but what tallis was saying to gal was own up to it. dont be a pussy about it. tell us all here on tv that you were sticking up for your mates vs a grub, and that you hit him with a swinging arm while 2 others had him held. and be an example to your teammates [and all the juniors playing this weekend all over sydney] and cop on the chin the consequences of a week suspension.

the delusion of thinking he was hard done by. what?

Sphagnum

Coach
The King of the QLD Waambulance is dictating terms again

Those whiners need to stfu. As if all the inbred ferals wouldn't do their block if they didn't have a chance to see Gallen play in the return match at Suncorp.

I can't stop laughing at the fact they think Gallen's behaviour is far worse than Tate's last year on Bird. Myles had an opportunity to return fire but either couldn't or decided not to. He wasn't lying on his back with his arms pinned while Gallen punched him in the face.

Knowing how much of a bunch of sore loser's they are. Don't be surprised if Game 2 is one of the dirtiest origin game's ever. They got one of the best people to lead the grubby, cheating offensive in Cameron 'I can't remember which contract is which' Smith.

Springs

First Grade
Hang on, I thought NSW were all whingers while Queenslanders were always so graceful in defeat. Yeah...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I fear that the tsunami of tears that will engulf queensland when we win this series is going to wind up costing the rest of the nation another tax levy

...and won't even match 1% of the epic whinging we've all been forced to endure the last 7 years.

i agree that gal has cleaned up his act and he had to. but what tallis was saying to gal was own up to it. dont be a pussy about it. tell us all here on tv that you were sticking up for your mates vs a grub, and that you hit him with a swinging arm while 2 others had him held. and be an example to your teammates [and all the juniors playing this weekend all over sydney] and cop on the chin the consequences of a week suspension.

the delusion of thinking he was hard done by. what?
I never said he was hard done by, in fact i believe he deserved 10 for what he did. But I was defending Gals character action based on what Myles has been doing over the past few series and in that game as well. I can't believe that headbutt he put on Hayne didn't go on report! What if KO'd Hayne or something with that big head of his?

isaiah

Bench
Which is what they have done in the past

Unfortunately for QLD, NSW have now all but caught up to them in the footy department and absolutely dominate them with agression too.
still a long way behind in the footy playing. thats why in stuart's time as coach they ramped up the aggression. worked for a while last year by bashing slater but when inglis took his place at fullback and effectively said, 'try that on now', the series slipped away again.

you see, its generally conceded that 4 or 5 of the best players in the game, that is the whole game worldwide, are in this qld origin side. didn't play like it on wednesday, but they have a 3 game series to show us all.

Was listening to Smith last night on Sterlo, found it funny how he didn't complain one bit about the Gallen incident and the judicery. He knows that most of his career has been built on cheating, he knew they would have ripped into him if he opened his mouth. The impact that the Storm has had on clubs from that scandal is huge, in fact I would blame them for the state Parra is in now. Imagine how different things woud have been had they won that final back in 09.

isaiah

Bench
I never said he was hard done by, in fact i believe he deserved 10 for what he did. But I was defending Gals character action based on what Myles has been doing over the past few series and in that game as well. I can't believe that headbutt he put on Hayne didn't go on report! What if KO'd Hayne or something with that big head of his?
gallen himself said twice that he was hard done by.

Amadaca

Juniors
I would have made the case at the judiciary that what has been mistaken so far for Myles' head is actually a small Moon, which has drawn in Gallen's fists (as opposed to him throwing them) in much the same way our Moon pulls at the tides.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Yeah, NSW having to put up with QLD whinging is a bit rich. For Chr%st's sake - we have been copping constant whinging for the last 7 years from the NSW grubs. I suppose being dominated for 7 years would do that......

carcharias

Immortal
the antithesis of this. tallis' point on the footy show was gallen wasn't owning up to the swinging arm on a man held by two already. if gallen as captain was 'standing up for his players' as johns said in commentary, then own it, dont back away like creagh. man up, blues!

Tallis claimed Myles was being held back while Gallen punched him.
he wasn't talking about the forearm to the over sized cranium.
To which Gallen called ( and rightly so ) bullshit.

Myles copped the forearm and the punches because he was deliberately leading with his massive deformed head.
The tackle on Hayne was almost identical to the one that knocked out Farrah last series.

No ifs no buts.

blues - 1
Qld - 0

Gallen - 1
all Queenslanders... man, women and child - 0