What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I have not heard a single NSW supporter voicing his disapproval of Gallen, but I'll be sure to keep an ear out

Feej

First Grade
Love how everyone complains that "origin isn't what it used to be", and then as soon as it *is* like it used to be, all the soft merkins come out and complain. Instead of suspending Gal, they should be thanking him for an absolute sell out and massive TV ratings for game 2.

Diesel

Referee
As long as game 2 means you only get a penalty for what Gallen did and no suspension then I say game on! Can't wait

bluey

Bench
Finding even NSW supporters voicing their disapproval at Paul Gallen's actions in last night's SOO. A dust up in Origin has often been considered part and parcel of the spectacle, but has Gallen just opened the door now for tighter referring in future games?

Paul Gallen:
1. Swings forearm at opposing players head already being tackled.
2. Throws two more punches at player with his arms down who dares take offense at his swinging arm.
3. Blames questionable offences in past games for actions.
4. Oh and he is the captain of the team

Only time will tell here, but I suspect he has done more damage to his own side by gifting some much needed motivation to a sheepish QLD side.

Dribbbler

Thoughts?

Shorty

Staff member
:roll::roll:

Oh noes, Gallen threw some punches in an origin game..........

I can't believe the butt hurt over the Gallen/Myles incident. Are we all forgetting the copious amounts of punches that have been traded over the years by both sides? Get the f**k over it, I actually thought out of everyone, Myles handled himself the best in the media after the game.

If there wasn't a fight I would have been disappointed, we all complain that the game is going soft and then complain when there's a good stink............ Muppets.
The reason I have issue with it is that gallen went in with a swinging arm and then was surprised when Myles pushed him, something that happens almost every play of the ball and I saw no 'Square up' Myles stared at him blankly and then after the first jab got held back by another NSW player.
That's not a biff:?
And all this supposedly being a 'captain'.

Gmac

Juniors
If Gallen had come running in from 40m away and hit Myles when he wasn't looking fair cop. Should of been sent. This was just two guys who don't like each other squaring off. Who the f**k cares. Its what origin has always been about. Would all you soft c**ks go support soccer and leave the rest of us alone. Oh and maybe explain to your kids why its NOT ok for them to do this instead of blaming other people for anything your kids do.

Scotty03

Juniors
For all the QLD soft c*cks out there.............suck it.

Gallen showed what you do to bullies......knock the snot out of them.
funny how the QLDers can dish it out, but can't take it.

There's a new Sheriff in town, and his name is Paul Gallen.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The reason I have issue with it is that gallen went in with a swinging arm and then was surprised when Myles pushed him, something that happens almost every play of the ball and I saw no 'Square up' Myles stared at him blankly and then after the first jab got held back by another NSW player.
That's not a biff:?
And all this supposedly being a 'captain'.

If you're gonna get up and shove a bloke in Origin there's more than a good chance you'll get something back. Myles has been around long enough to know this.

Noa

First Grade
Week off for Gallen.

Just saved himself the effort of not suiting up for the Sharks I guess, which seems to be his thing this time year.

Tommax25

Bench
Finding even NSW supporters voicing their disapproval at Paul Gallen's actions in last night's SOO. A dust up in Origin has often been considered part and parcel of the spectacle, but has Gallen just opened the door now for tighter referring in future games?

Paul Gallen:
1. Swings forearm at opposing players head already being tackled.
2. Throws two more punches at player with his arms down who dares take offense at his swinging arm.
3. Blames questionable offences in past games for actions.
4. Oh and he is the captain of the team

Only time will tell here, but I suspect he has done more damage to his own side by gifting some much needed motivation to a sheepish QLD side.

Thoughts?

Havent had a chance to look at the reaction on here, this is the first thread I've opened on Origin. I could be in the minority but the bold is insane to me. He should have been sent. That gives free reign for someone to start belting someone for seemingly no reason and all you'd have to say is "oh, he did something to me a few weeks ago in an NRL match" and the precendent is there. Not get sent and get a week or two in exchange for assualting someone you don't like, possibly taking them out of the game too (and if they fight back, which they are likely to do in defending themselves, they may also get a few weeks). Not a bad deal. :roll:

If I was the next player cited for fighting I would be instantly challenging to get the suspension to what Gallen was given, because I doubt there will be many fights in the future that looks as bad as that for one party. Usually you can see culpability on both sides but this was 100% Gallen. Crazy scenes.

Garbler

Juniors
Sharks doing alright without him too...
Who needs him? Before his "Great Origin Moment" NSW were up 14-0. After, 0-6.