What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Weeks Will Ricketson Get?

Corbin

Juniors
i mean after all WILLIE MASON got away with his hit to one of the cowboys players in week one??????
he got away with it so i think ricketson should to....

m0j0

Bench
strider said:
I think Crocker should be getting the Gold Logie this year....his "I've got wobbly legs" acting was superb :clap: :clap: :clap: .....of course he's then 100% healthy less than a minute later - top grade acting there! ....and twice in one game - outstanding stuff!

Kinda like Bowen after getting a love tap on the side of the face from Hodges. Could've sworn he was out cold. How long before he was running around again?

It wasn't Luke's fight to start with. It was push and shove between Fittler and Fien. Ricketson should not have done anything and he will get suspended there is no way he can't.

It wasn't Luke's fight to start with. It was push and shove between Fittler and Fien. Ricketson should not have done anything and he will get suspended there is no way he can't.

As an unbiased rooster fan i must say that he deserves nothing as Fein leant forward and headbutted rickos forearm which lent to ricko redislocating his finger(Feins a bloody thug). :D :D :D
In all honesty he deserves 3-4 it was a cheap shot and high.
Hodges was nothing more than a slap and he should be let off.(bowen dived).
The tackle on Crocker was much worse.

RICHO

Juniors
You never know what Fein might say after 2 days on the grog.
He may well admit to headbutting Ricko's forearm!!!
Especially if it gets him a free trip to Sydney LOL

Raider_69

Post Whore
Southern Rooster said:

well said
geez SR, must be tough being the only chooks fan that is able to take the tri colour glasses off
kudos to you :clap:

Voice of Reason

Juniors
All this speculation, arguments for and against and rationalisation is quite frankly a waste of time. The NRL review people are the ONLY ones who know what will happen. After they have taken advice and their "just rewards" from Politis, Gould and Gingel they will make THEIR decision!!!! The tragic thing about this is that even the Roorters fans understand how their club has the game by the nuts!

Foz

Bench
I think Hodges should get a week. He was a little unlucky in that it was a reflex action but he did get the Cowboy high. Missing a Grand Final is tough and maybe that penalty doesnt fit his crime so if he gets off I wouldnt disagree.
As for Ricketson. Gone- 2 weeks minimum (given he'll miss a Grand Final) otherwise 4 weeks.

Big Mick

Referee
Fien had a suspected cheekbone so he hit him bloody hard.

This smells like Ross......Goes to the judiciary one week....gets off....... next week commits a foul and is outed for 9 weeks.

Only hope that Ricketson gets about 5 weeks, thats what it deserves.

super_coach

First Grade
Dragon Fanatic said:
You can't get sin binned for foul play. Sin bin is only used for professional fouls.

Um so where does fighting come into it? Just ask John Hopoate. I wonder how many times he's been sent to the bin for brawling.
Haha I also remember when Lincoln Withers was playing for the Tigers he ran from the other side of the field to jump into a fight. The referee didn't hesitate to sin bin him. Why then did Ricketson and Hodges escape a similar punishment for their unprovoked actions?

bubs

Juniors
I am FAR more interested to know WHY Channel 9 did not show any replays of the incident until the ref made his call. A simple penalty.
If replays were shown over the ground, the Ref would have had a much clearer view of the incident, and would have sent the dirtbag straight to the sinbin.
HOWEVER...
There was a highish shot on a Goosters player. There was a replay shown no more than 10 seconds later. Fortunately, the ref had already made the call of play on.
Channel 9 held off on the replays of Ricketson's cheap shot.
Channel 9 DID NOT hold off on the Cowboys high tackle.
Where was Gould at the time.. Under headphones ORDERING the truck NOT to show the replay?????

Azkatro

First Grade
bubs said:
I am FAR more interested to know WHY Channel 9 did not show any replays of the incident until the ref made his call. A simple penalty.
If replays were shown over the ground, the Ref would have had a much clearer view of the incident, and would have sent the dirtbag straight to the sinbin.
HOWEVER...
There was a highish shot on a Goosters player. There was a replay shown no more than 10 seconds later. Fortunately, the ref had already made the call of play on.
Where was Gould at the time.. Under headphones ORDERING the truck NOT to show the replay?????

I love a good conspiracy theory, and I rate that one :D

maladroit

Juniors
Also, why is it that the refs seem to allow the roosters markers to stand wherever they want ? Alot of the times in the first half late the cowboys ran at markers that were obviously not square or in no mans land-3 or 4 metres from the play ball. BUt he was very fast to nab the cowboys for offside when given a chance !

Raider_69

Post Whore
Azkatro said:
bubs said:
HOWEVER...

I love a good conspiracy theory, and I rate that one :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i agree, nothing better than a conspiracy, thats top shelf that one

bubs

Juniors
Check out the replays people. That was the first thought I had when I saw the incidents.
The first replay of the Ricketson cheap shot was approx 1 minute after the incident.
The replay of the cowboys non-incident was no more than 10 seconds.

Latest posts