What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks?

[furrycat]

Coach
SBW and Maitua were charged not long ago with a very similar tackle where the player landed on his back.

So I think it is bye bye Bedsy for a while

parra pete

Referee
I am a believer in a system that to suspend players in a final series punishes not the Club but the supporters who follow the team with passion during a season. A suspension means loss of a key player and, in most cases, the end of premiership chances.
I would prefer to see an optional clause of $25,000 per week fine..with the Club to decide what it is to take. For example if player cops 4 weeks the Club can pay $100,000 fine to wipe it..with the money to go into promotion of the code at grass roots level. That way it punishes the player in his pocket and not the fans.
If they don't (the players or the Club) want to pay the fine, they can cop the suspension instead. The choice is theirs. Win win all around......

JJ

Immortal
CharlieF said:
Buderus went for that type of driving lifting tackle when a standard tackle around the boots would have done. He contributed 100% to the illegal tackle.

tackling around the boots hasn't been 'standard' for many years - do you watch the game?

Mr Saab

Referee
parra pete said:
I am a believer in a system that to suspend players in a final series punishes not the Club but the supporters who follow the team with passion during a season. A suspension means loss of a key player and, in most cases, the end of premiership chances.
I would prefer to see an optional clause of $25,000 per week fine..with the Club to decide what it is to take. For example if player cops 4 weeks the Club can pay $100,000 fine to wipe it..with the money to go into promotion of the code at grass roots level. That way it punishes the player in his pocket and not the fans.
If they don't (the players or the Club) want to pay the fine, they can cop the suspension instead. The choice is theirs. Win win all around......

So you are basically "buying" a comp right?
Bad luck to the fans....if the player does the crime he does the time.

CharlieF

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Many calls...including a Knights player held back shouldve been a penalty, next thing you guys run the length to get 6 points....another try assist to manly by the ref.

Must be a bitch getting screwed by the ref eh?
Ask a Dogs fan.....:lol:

You still make no sense, but I'll leave it at that.

parra pete

Referee
Mr Saab said:
So you are basically "buying" a comp right?
Bad luck to the fans....if the player does the crime he does the time.

Yeah, I am.....They still have to score more points than opponents to win a game.
Typical response...that's the whole attitude. BAD LUCK to the fans. Take the fans away and the NRL has SFA...
Buying a premiership? The players still have to win it.
I would prefer to win against the best than have a victory over an understrength team penalised by a suspension due to a tackle gone wrong. Hit the Clubs and players in the pocket and use the fines to prop up the game in the bush. Win win all around.

CharlieF

Juniors
JJ said:
tackling around the boots hasn't been 'standard' for many years - do you watch the game?

My point is, it was his choice on what tackle he did. You can't blame physics afterwards. I'm sure he knew what tackle would get what result.

Mr Saab

Referee
parra pete said:
Yeah, I am.....They still have to score more points than opponents to win a game.
Typical response...that's the whole attitude. BAD LUCK to the fans. Take the fans away and the NRL has SFA...
Buying a premiership? The players still have to win it.
I would prefer to win against the best than have a victory over an understrength team penalised by a suspension due to a tackle gone wrong. Hit the Clubs and players in the pocket and use the fines to prop up the game in the bush. Win win all around.

No, we have had the suspension system in place for decades now...it should not be tinkered with.
A club has no right to "buy" their way out of a suspension to their player/s.
The fan is not going to walk away because their star player has pharked up.
I am sure that none of the knights fans are going to stay away just because Buderus is suspended. 99% of knights fans know he stuffed up and deserves a suspension.
Thats rugby league...deal with it.

spider

Coach
innsaneink said:
Yeah I think I would stand by my comments.
It wasnt your classic spear tackle.
True to a point

He had no arm between the legs.
True - but he still lifted.

Its obvious he was trying to put him on his back.
It pretty obvious theres no intent, from what I could see.
Again i agree - but unfortunately lack of intent didnt help the end result of the tackle - and should not reflect on the judiciary

He wasnt lifted straight up and then dumped straight down, there was quite an arc where he travel up on an angle, hrizontal for a split sec, then down again...on an angle. Momentum. Its a factor.
Momentum is only a factor once Roberston is "lifted" from the ground - tackling player loses control and tackle puts attacking player in danger - hence why the rule is in place

I have no bias one way or the other here....purely my opinion, and Im no real Bedsy fan.....I honestly think it shouldnt be more than a week.
As long as the NRL are consistant - :lol:

All opinion here, and whatever he ebventually does get, some people will feel justified and think that proves them right, :roll: a judiciarry panel thats made more mistakes this year than got things right.
It also make me chuckle seeing manly fans pointing out that Hampstead told harrigan he was thinking send off....but for the rest of the game he was incompetent, inept and one sided????

I agree hampstead had a shocker, he was all manly in the first half and it swung around in the 2nd the Knights way.
I agree we disagree to agree. :D

Your right - our opinion is derived from our own perception.

parra pete

Referee
Mr Saab said:
No, we have had the suspension system in place for decades now...it should not be tinkered with.
A club has no right to "buy" their way out of a suspension to their player/s.
The fan is not going to walk away because their star player has pharked up.
I am sure that none of the knights fans are going to stay away just because Buderus is suspended. 99% of knights fans know he stuffed up and deserves a suspension.
Thats rugby league...deal with it.

Once upon a time Rugby League was played under a no tackle rule...How dare they changed it!!!!
It was Rugby League the way it had been played for 59 years (1908-1967) ....they should not have tinkered with it.
Once upon a time players would front a judiciary and every case was judged on its merits.
Once upon a time there was no "I placed that on report' for review
How dare they give a Club a chance to buy off a suspension.
How dare they think of the supporters and the game at grass roots...Don't make me laugh....
Negative thinking means the game stays still. Think outside the square for a change.
'If they always do what they have always done, they always be where the're always at."

Mr Saab

Referee
parra pete said:
Once upon a time Rugby League was played under a no tackle rule...How dare they changed it!!!!
It was Rugby League the way it had been played for 59 years (1908-1967) ....they should not have tinkered with it.
Once upon a time players would front a judiciary and every case was judged on its merits.
Once upon a time there was no "I placed that on report' for review
How dare they give a Club a chance to buy off a suspension.
How dare they think of the supporters and the game at grass roots...Don't make me laugh....
Negative thinking means the game stays still. Think outside the square for a change.
'If they always do what they have always done, they always be where the're always at."

So if a player spear tackles someone and is given 10 weeks then then the club can just "buy out" his suspension...one of your best.
Rich clubs like the broncos and dogs might be able to do that, but other clubs might not be able to afford it and thus they have to serve a suspension.

Worst idea ever Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parra pete

Referee
Mr Saab said:
So if a player spear tackles someone and is given 10 weeks then then the club can just "buy out" his suspension...one of your best.
Rich clubs like the broncos and dogs might be able to do that, but other clubs might not be able to afford it and thus they have to serve a suspension.

Worst idea ever Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars....Would the Clubs be willing to pay that? If so good luck to the players future....
Good result for the game at grass roots level...

Mr Saab

Referee
If it is a Darren Lockyer or Andrew Johns then yes they would.
I know that not all clubs are equal as it is, but this would just make it 1000 times worst.

mickdo

Coach
innsaneink said:
Many calls...including a Knights player held back shouldve been a penalty, next thing you guys run the length to get 6 points....another try assist to manly by the ref.

Must be a bitch getting screwed by the ref eh?
Ask a Dogs fan.....:lol:
Newcastle got a penalty in that set of six anyway for the 'soft' hit on Johns, and then threw the intercept after it. The ref did Manly no major favours last night. I don't like them much either, but you have to open both eyes mate :lol:

Gene Krupa

Referee
SpiderShark said:
Your kidding right.

We better stop the players from running at full speed then.

In that case then - what grade should Robertson be charged - as its his fault for running at speed.

You're a f**king genius. Go and enjoy your 40th mad manday in succession and leave the finals to those who knows what it takes to win the big one.

Moron!

parra pete

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Lay off the bold...and the drugs

I abhor drugs and how dare you suggest I am a drug taker just because you do not agree with my point of view.
Typical response by an obvious ostrich.

Latest posts