What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Slater got injured vs Parramatta

NZ Warrior

First Grade
What's going to happen next? The Crippler Crossface being used to slow the play the ball???

Btw, PJ Marsh is a dirty lttle bastard.

Skinner

Coach
NZ Warrior said:
What's going to happen next? The Crippler Crossface being used to slow the play the ball???

Btw, PJ Marsh is a dirty lttle bastard.

Maybe.....but God is on his side:sarcasm:

philstorm

Juniors
Illegal Immigrant said:
I thought Billy stated after the game he had been carrying the injury for about a month?

Exactly.

PJ looked down to see which knee was strapped and then applied pressure on that one.

Misty Bee

First Grade
FFS Storm fans you have nothing. If Marsh twisted his ankle, why would the knee go?

Bottom line - Slaters playing this weekend. Cayless is out of NEXT weekends game.

And EVERY club does leg pulling. Melbourne is the worst. bellamy reckons that Melboring are everyone's econd team. If that ain't pulling ya leg, I dunno what it!

philstorm

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
FFS Storm fans you have nothing. If Marsh twisted his ankle, why would the knee go?

I'll explain this slowly. The ankle is attatched to the femur which is attatched to the fibula which is attatched to the ...

Misty Bee said:
Bottom line - Slaters playing this weekend. Cayless is out of NEXT weekends game.

Bottom line is that it's ok to injure players just as long as they can play next week?

Misty Bee said:
And EVERY club does leg pulling.

Wait, this is just too gold. When the Storm says 'everyone does grapple tackles', people laugh, yet stupid Parra fans think it's ok to justify leg pulling because 'everyone does it' when one of their players is caught. :lol

Misty Bee said:
Melbourne is the worst.

Remind me how many players have been injured from Storm players 'pulling legs' unlike their cheating Parra counterparts?

Misty Bee said:
bellamy reckons that Melboring are everyone's econd team. If that ain't pulling ya leg, I dunno what it!

Nice deflection - anything else?

philstorm

Juniors
woodyk2 said:
Has Slater come out and said thats the exact moment his knee was hurt?

Slater has more class than his Parra counterparts.

Storm coaching staff believe the footage shows Marsh looking to see which knee Slater had strapped and then twisting his foot to put pressure on the knee.

Speaking as he signed autographs at the Storm's fan day, Slater said: "Someone twisted it in the tackle. I've had it for six weeks, I might have re-injured it there.

"I had to come off but I'll be right. It hasn't put me back because I'll be playing on Sunday.'

Team physio Mary Toomey was unequivocal. "That's how he did the knee," she said. "I noticed it as something fairly aggressive and unusual in the tackle.

strider

Post Whore
its interesting that billy then played into the 2nd half with such a damaged knee but then only went off when he REALLY hurt it trying to tackle Hindmarsh about 10-15 mins into the 2nd half

and you melbourne fans better stop your whinging .... I thought what happened on the field was supposed to stay on the field - well thats the way it works for you when you are dishing the sh*t out anyway

philstorm

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
No. It's still a pathetic attemp to divert attention from their bodgey tackling style!

:lol:. Can't even respond to the post?

Parramatta - Diverting blame since 1987

Misty Bee

First Grade
Philstorm....dear oh dear!

Firstly, if the ankle was twisted, it would bear the most pressure, therefore would go first. UNder your theory, players might get shoulder injuries from leg pulls.

Secondly, it's not OK to purpously injure players, and only your club does that. Go back and look at White's effort again.

Thirdly, every club does the leg pull - fact. Usually to slow the play the ball down. If you have never seen a penalty given for it (usually happens in just about every game mind you) then I hope your TV has a braille facility.

Fourth - you are showing your diminished mental capacity here. It's a lead in to the next sentence.

Fifth, the best deflection this week was the bellamy whinge that is the topic of this article.

Misty Bee

First Grade
philstorm said:
:lol:. Can't even respond to the post?

Parramatta - Diverting blame since 1987

You really are a prize twat. Look at the post times. Simultaneous posts, yours wasn't up when I replied to Woody's post of 8:50.

philstorm

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Firstly, if the ankle was twisted, it would bear the most pressure, therefore would go first. UNder your theory, players might get shoulder injuries from leg pulls.

:lol:

And you're accusing others of diminished mental capacity.

You think PJ Marsh can crush Slater's ankle with his bare hands? Because tat's the only way the ankle can be effected from a grubby tacle like that.

Misty Bee said:
Secondly, it's not OK to purpously injure players, and only your club does that. Go back and look at White's effort again.

*Quick - head in the sand!*

Go back and look the PJ tackle. Clearly it's alright when your own grubs injured other players/

Misty Bee said:
Thirdly, every club does the leg pull - fact. Usually to slow the play the ball down. If you have never seen a penalty given for it (usually happens in just about every game mind you) then I hope your TV has a braille facility.

Hold on a second, wasn't this the Storm's defence for the grapple tackle?

Funny, I see more penalties from Parra for deliberately trying to injure players with the ankle pull than any other club combined.

It's clearly coached into them.

Misty Bee said:
TFourth - you are showing your diminished mental capacity here. It's a lead in to the next sentence.

Yes, the best thing to do when you know you're losing an argument is try and resort to petty insults. :lol:

Misty Bee said:
Fifth, the best deflection this week was the bellamy whinge that is the topic of this article.

Sorry, that'd come under the "PJ is a Saint and i'll just keep thinking that" thread. Want to start it?

Misty Bee

First Grade
well numbnuts, you've had 10 seconds to reply!!!!!!!

Melbourne - Australia's sh*thole since 1850 :)

oldmancraigy

Coach
philstorm said:
Remind me how many players have been injured from Storm players 'pulling legs' unlike their cheating Parra counterparts?

Um?

How many players have been injured by the 'cheating Parra counterparts' leg pulls?

I think the grand total is 0. If you watch the tape again you'd notice that Billy wasn't even distressed after that PJ tackle. But he does hurt his knee later on. But he'll still play in the grand final - so I think that the insinuation that he is 'injured' by that leg pull is a bit much...

Remind me how many players have been injured from Parra players 'grapple/crusher/ripper tackles' unlike their cheating Storm counterparts?

Nice deflection :roll:

philstorm

Juniors
oldmancraigy said:
Um?

How many players have been injured by the 'cheating Parra counterparts' leg pulls?

I think the grand total is 0. If you watch the tape again you'd notice that Billy wasn't even distressed after that PJ tackle. But he does hurt his knee later on. But he'll still play in the grand final - so I think that the insinuation that he is 'injured' by that leg pull is a bit much...

Remind me how many players have been injured from Parra players 'grapple/crusher/ripper tackles' unlike their cheating Storm counterparts?

Nice deflection :roll:

Look, for most fans (bar those one-eyed twits like Misty), it's plain to see that PJ's was an event that happened in a match that may have easily been labelled deliberate just as easily as people declaring it's an accident.

Fact is, whenever a Storm player is involved in an opposition injury, it's clearly being coached into them whereas it's just an accident when Parra players are involved.

Misty Bee

First Grade
So PJ can't crush and ankle, but can bugger a knee. Yeah riiight.......

The rest of your drivel diverts from reality further than Olympic Park diverts from standard ground measurements. But thanks for admitting that Storm use the grapple tackle.

Funny, I see more penalties from Parra for deliberately trying to injure players with the ankle pull than any other club combined

LOL - firstly, back it up with stats.

Secondly, how can you combine ONE club?

:LOL::LOL::LOL: