What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Slater got injured vs Parramatta

Misty Bee

First Grade
Fact is, whenever a Storm player is involved in an opposition injury, it's clearly being coached into them whereas it's just an accident when Parra players are involved.

Thank you for finally admitting the truth. have a nice day :)

philstorm

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
So PJ can't crush and ankle, but can bugger a knee. Yeah riiight.......

Are you that incapable of grasping simple physics?

a) Injuring an ankle in the air is only achieved by physically crushing the spot.
b) Injuring a knee requires body pressure and the mere twist of an ankle whilst doing so.

Misty Bee said:
The rest of your drivel diverts from reality further than Olympic Park diverts from standard ground measurements.

Remind me what that has to do with PJ Marsh injuring Slater? If deflecting helps you sleep at night, then go for it - just dont try arguing a post via deflections.

Misty Bee said:
But thanks for admitting that Storm use the grapple tackle.

Firstly, remind me where I said that.

Secondly, remind me where anyone from the Storm denied it.

:lol:

Try again. Then try and get back on topic.

Misty Bee said:
Secondly, how can you combine ONE club?

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh dear.

*Quick, he's made a typo, let's try and ridicule the typo to prevent my shortcomings in regards to actually debating the matter!*

LOLKTHZXBYE

philstorm

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Thank you for finally admitting the truth. have a nice day :)

Don't you mean?

"I'll try and twist peoples meaning so that it looks like i'm actually not a moron - then make a quick exit."

Try again.

V1er

Juniors
It wasnt PJ's fault, Slater was twisting in the tackle, slater got himself in that dangerous position. hey if belamy can say that about cayless why cant we say that slater.

smeghead

Bench
Sad thing is all of these tactics are coached. It is all part of this "dominate the ruck" bullsh*t that has been growing for years now.

The NRL is no longer about two football sides trying to outplay each other with class and heart. It is now focused all in one tiny area and wrestling has become paramount. It is a load of bullsh*t and is ruining the game I love

Misty Bee

First Grade
Shouldn't you lot be concentrating on Manly? After all, they can give you a few tips about your new home ground at Gosford.

Hutchy86

Juniors
I don't remember the tackle so I won't comment on it... however I will admit PJ is a niggler, but I highly doubt this 'leg-pull' has been implemented to deliberately hurt someone. I see Caylo and Hindy do it all the time.. but it's simply a quick pull (no innuendo intended) as they walk past: Stupid - yes, harmful - no. Parra constantly get penalised for it.. I really don't see it is as issue to anyone else but the Eels as it contributes to poor discipline.
It was almost clear to me through reading the other thread regarding the wrestler that Melbourne have hired to help in their slowing down of the ruck, that both Smith's and White's acts were intended to inflict pain. I doubt that White intended to rip Caylo's muscle like he did... but it's still a grubby tactic aimed at hurting and niggling at the opposition.
You don't put all your weight on someone's arm like that for any other purpose!
As far as we know Caylo's pectorial wasn't injured before the game... but afterwards it certainly was. Slater had been carrying his injury for some time... and I'm certain the leg-pull only made it worse, but to use the evidence of "PJ looked to see which leg was strapped" is ridiculous; I compare it to the Jarryd Hayne "wink" (just a comparison, not a diversion).
At the end of the day noone can prove the intent of the players except the players themselves...

Ice777

Bench
Misty Bee said:
Shouldn't you lot be concentrating on Manly? After all, they can give you a few tips about your new home ground at Gosford.

Nah that's, our brand new state of the art stadium is being built right next door to our existing one. I personally invite you to come down and visit when it's done ;-)

skeepe

Immortal
Typical scum from Parramatta. When you've got someone like Nathan Hindmarsh - the biggest grub in the game - on your team, why is it any surprise that others start following his tactics. FACT: Hindmarsh goes out to deliberately injure the opposition every time, be it through his countless high tackles or dangerous throws, or a shifty elbow to the head of a defenceless player ala his hit on Gasnier.

_Johnsy

Referee
I would like to see the entire tackle with slater moving before the tackle and immediately after the tackle before I pass judgement.

Tekken Lord

Juniors
I still haven't seen the footage again but i remember saying slater was gone when i saw how he was playing in the second half...i couldn't figure how it happened. But i wont pass judgement yet, not trying to avoid the issue just bring up another. Storm fans why and what do you think White was doing in his tackle on Cayless?

El Diablo

Post Whore
lol

poor old Bellamy

bellamyyp7.jpg

Juniors
yeah, clutching at straws, we didnt run to the papers crying about a tackle gone wrong, he's just fighting fire with fire, but since a player cant get an injured knee by having his leg pulled around his body while his body is being held in a stationary position, but a shoulder can be injured by doing the exact same thing with an arm, well i guess melbourne's point of view is completely different and invalid, goose

just quietly, based off the last few weeks, i definately have to label parra the sour grapes award for 07, even the whole pane on nrl on fox last night agreed that they are carrying on like pork chops about it, must just want some parra publicity during grand final week coz lord knows they wont be there for a while themselves

El Diablo

Post Whore
1999 said:
yeah, clutching at straws, we didnt run to the papers crying about a tackle gone wrong,

lol

no Bellamy runs to the paper whinging about Parra getting too many penalties

your franchise is filth

Bazal

Post Whore
Wait, wait, wait...a couple of things;

1)Anyone here done their medial? Ligaments are pretty tough, it takes a lot of force to damage one, certainly more than PJ Marsh can apply to a joint especially bending it the way it's designed to bend.

2)Yes, we do pull legs a bit in tackles, mostly via PJ and Finch, and I don't think you'll find many Eels fans who aren't pissed off when they do it.

3)The medial ligament is on the medial side of the joint, obviously. That's the inside of the joint for anyone who doesn't know. A medial ligament strain occurs when the knee is bent or twisted laterally (or towards the outside), thus placing unnatural pressure on the medial side of the joint. But PJ pulls the leg back towards the medial side, in a fairly natural bend...so how does Billy get a medial ligament strain on a ligament that, for all intents and purposes, is relaxed by the action of pulling the leg? I don;t think Bellamy and his boys really thought this one through...