What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Slater got injured vs Parramatta

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Bazal said:
Wait, wait, wait...a couple of things;

1)Anyone here done their medial? Ligaments are pretty tough, it takes a lot of force to damage one, certainly more than PJ Marsh can apply to a joint especially bending it the way it's designed to bend.

2)Yes, we do pull legs a bit in tackles, mostly via PJ and Finch, and I don't think you'll find many Eels fans who aren't pissed off when they do it.

3)The medial ligament is on the medial side of the joint, obviously. That's the inside of the joint for anyone who doesn't know. A medial ligament strain occurs when the knee is bent or twisted laterally (or towards the outside), thus placing unnatural pressure on the medial side of the joint. But PJ pulls the leg back towards the medial side, in a fairly natural bend...so how does Billy get a medial ligament strain on a ligament that, for all intents and purposes, is relaxed by the action of pulling the leg? I don;t think Bellamy and his boys really thought this one through...

Ba-Zing!!

As a Parra fan I was about to come on here and say that it was hard to tell if PJ did it just to slow the ruck or to injure, but seems Bazal has the answers.

I too hate it when our team does this. sh*ts me no end and costs us penalties.

ps - LOL at Hindy being the biggest grub in the game.

ouwet

Bench
PJ Marsh is a dirty player! Good on Melbourne, they cop it left, right and centre they should give it back!!!!

Sydney Media is becoming pathetic and boring with their anti-Melbourne compaign.

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Up to the 17th minute of the game, Hayne and Slater contested a bomb Slater came off looking second best. 18th minute Slater is smashed by Grothe. 23rd minute Slater tackled by Grothe collapses on knee while trying to get up, 39th minute PJ Marsh pulls at Slater's leg. These are all the incidents of note i can think of involving Slater and his dodgy leg, he looks gone after the Marsh leg pull, which imho didn't look like much but it does look like what caused the damage.

I have done both my knee caps and medial ligaments and i find it hard to believe the pull could have done his medial unless their was something seriously wrong with it to begin with, in which case he shouldn't have been on the field.

Hutchy86

Juniors
1999 said:
we didnt run to the papers crying about a tackle gone wrong, he's just fighting fire with fire
I'm almost certain it was Des Hasler that went to the press first with his complaints about the 'ripper'...
Hag's simply reinforced his concerns.. rightfully so too.

1999 said:
even the whole pane on nrl on fox last night agreed that they are carrying on like pork chops about it
And they have to be one of the more credible sources of Rugby League commentary getting around the game today...:roll:

Ice777

Bench
Hutchy86 said:
And they have to be one of the more credible sources of Rugby League commentary getting around the game today...:roll:

As opposed to all the credible would be's if they could be's giving their opinion on a rugby league message board :lol:

woodyk2

First Grade
Ice777 said:
As opposed to all the credible would be's if they could be's giving their opinion on a rugby league message board :lol:
:lol: Bwahahaha....enemy supporter but i agree 100% there buddy.;-)

Ice777

Bench
WTF? said:
Is that all the storm fans can do lamely insult opposition fans instead of discussing the issue?

I include myself as a would be if i could be giving opinions on a message board so i'm not singling anyone out. Sorry, it wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings.

Tekken Lord

Juniors
You didn't hurt my feelings :lol: i just come on here to discuss footy and instead you just have people flinging sh*t at each other like monkeys instead of discussing the issue which some people have actually put thought into.

StormChaser

First Grade
There is more sh*t flung here than at the Zoo, but I reckon most of it is directed at Storm fans.

It's a sad indication of how threatened everyone is by The Storm.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
StormChaser said:
There is more sh*t flung here than at the Zoo, but I reckon most of it is directed at Storm fans.

It's a sad indication of how threatened everyone is by The Storm.
](*,)
Mate people aren't flinging sh*t at the Storm because they are threatened. I'd say that 99% of league followers want Melbourne Storm to succeed.

But they don't like their tactics.

The sooner you lot get that through your thick heads the better.

Hutchy86

Juniors
mate the Eels fans cop a fair bit of it aswell...
"Hayne this"... "P.J. that"... "Choke, Fitzy,Grothe Jr."
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

sooperdooper

First Grade
bellamy is a cry baby!
sure i agree PJ is a niggler and i recognise that but for the storm to lay claims on others is a total joke!
lets be honest, the storm are grubs!
This whole thing bout how they dont practice these moves etc, yet there is a big article with there wrestling coach on it!
hahah

Apey

Staff member
Meh I just hope the Storm win on sunday :fist: It doesn't matter to me if they don't because I don't support them, but I'd laugh at everyone who gives a sh*t about it.

My opinion is White injured Cayless, Marsh injured Slater. Both of them were through un-necessary tactics, and I really don't see the point in taking it further than that :? That is, going into specifics.

The anti-Storm brigade is quite sad to be completely honest. I can bet each team has their own little "technique" that is against the rules but yet they feel the need to continually nitpick the Storm about it. The "Storm are scum" posts are really great and insightful to read as well.

With that in mind, I do think the Storm team practise these techniques more than other teams and this becomes more public because of their position on the ladder. But instead of just insulting the whole Storm coaching staff (which really doesn't achieve anything, bitching to the papers is quite sad), the rules need to be fixed so the players who are putting their supposed "teachings" into action can be penalised. Tell the NRL about it, not the papers, they can't do anything about it. Ever since the Newton thing, I've really despised the act of crying to the telegraph. When the players can be punished for it, they won't do it anymore, it's that simple.

Meh, just an opinion.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i hope melbourne win and win well, and i hope they use a graple tackle at some point, just so everyone can whinge, bitch and moan about it all off season

every side in the comp does what melbourne do, they're just better at it

Latest posts