What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will souths go without Reynolds?

Rabbits20

Immortal
How can anybody be sure how many games Reynolds will miss. He hasn't had the scans yet. South will still be very strong. Johnson to 1, Inglis to 6, Keary to 7, then get Lote out or retirement.

The injury to Adam mightn't be as bad as 1st thought. I'm hoping 12 weeks. Back by about round 17.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Their forwards really have to shape up, because they're gonna need as many scoring opportunities as possible with Sutton, Inglis and Keary leading the team around the park. Those guys are great players but they aren't playmakers.

Swarzey

Bench
We became heavyweights due to a number of factors. Its certainly more than Adam Reynolds' rise to first grade prominence. Organisation and greater structure in attack is probably the number one reason as to why we've become a force

And who provides that? Reynolds.

I mean it was only last year that there was talk of us letting him go; people seem to forget how mediocre he was in the middle of last season and that we were still winning games.

And how did Souths looked mid season? Winning games but far from the premiership winning quality they were at the back end of the season. Or is it just a coincidence that Reynolds was out of form when Souths were doing little to show their premiership credentials?

ram raid

Bench
Their forwards really have to shape up, because they're gonna need as many scoring opportunities as possible with Sutton, Inglis and Keary leading the team around the park. Those guys are great players but they aren't playmakers.

Thing is Reynolds is not that much of a ballplayer either. He's built his reputation on his kicking game. Take that away from him and he's just another B+ halfback.

P2YVxCj.png

It's forced dropouts and kick meters ( and goal kicking ) that Souths are gonna miss. Keary is probably a better ball player, and Luke and Inglis perhaps too.

Luke can take over the organising.

Mostly what they'll miss is Reynods' right foot.

Vic Mackey

Referee
What's really pathetic is a f**kwit wanting any player to miss games through injury

Want him to miss games?

In case you're new to the site I don't rate him at all, I'm happy for him to play every minute of every game!

What I'm saying is pathetic is how souths have inflamed the situation by coming out 5 minutes after the fact and saying he would miss 4-5 months. One of the following have Clearly occurred:

A) McGuire was trying to justify the penalty and have graham suspended long term so said his halfback was going to be out longterm

B) the souths medical staff are completely inept. After this misdiagnosis, the Reynolds non concussion and Kyle turners 5 concussions last year yet not missing a game, if I was a souths player I'd be bloody worried about any of them getting their hands on me

BranVan3000

Coach
Want him to miss games?

In case you're new to the site I don't rate him at all, I'm happy for him to play every minute of every game!

What I'm saying is pathetic is how souths have inflamed the situation by coming out 5 minutes after the fact and saying he would miss 4-5 months. One of the following have Clearly occurred:

A) McGuire was trying to justify the penalty and have graham suspended long term so said his halfback was going to be out longterm

B) the souths medical staff are completely inept. After this misdiagnosis, the Reynolds non concussion and Kyle turners 5 concussions last year yet not missing a game, if I was a souths player I'd be bloody worried about any of them getting their hands on me
Did I just see a Tiger's fan call another teams medical staff inept?:lol:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Did I just see a Tiger's fan call another teams medical staff inept?:lol:

Fair call. The same thought went through my mind, but the turnover of staff after years of problems will hopefully see us get better at managing injuries and reducing time off.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just because simon Dwyers career ending injury was diagnosed as a 'sore shoulder' and he was made to walk off the ground doesn't make the medial staff inept

rabbitohs95

Bench
Want him to miss games?

I was just having a browse but logged on when i saw how geniused youve made yourself sound once again. The original diagnosis was that hed be out for 3-5 months after a first hand assumption. After seeing after a few days that hes pulled up not so bad, people are saying it might not be as bad as first thought. Not really sure why youre having a cry once again but your hatred for our great halfback, coach and club mightve gotten the better of you once again. :lol:

blaza88z

Coach
I was just having a browse but logged on when i saw how geniused youve made yourself sound once again. The original diagnosis was that hed be out for 3-5 months after a first hand assumption. After seeing after a few days that hes pulled up not so bad, people are saying it might not be as bad as first thought. Not really sure why youre having a cry once again but your hatred for our great halfback, coach and club mightve gotten the better of you once again. :lol:

there's no doubt the medical staff at Souffs have been knabbed from the centrelink dole queue, how you can be so wrong with your diagnosis has me in a state of bewilderment, add that to the amount of times a Souffs player has been able to play on despite having an obvious injury which could cause long-term injury

all this at a stage when the NRL is trying to crack down on poor player welfare and yet they somehow continue to get away with it

haha

Juniors
there's no doubt the medical staff at Souffs have been knabbed from the centrelink dole queue, how you can be so wrong with your diagnosis has me in a state of bewilderment, add that to the amount of times a Souffs player has been able to play on despite having an obvious injury which could cause long-term injury

all this at a stage when the NRL is trying to crack down on poor player welfare and yet they somehow continue to get away with it

Yeah, because Souths are the only club that make a worst case diagnosis pending scans.
Will Reynolds be the first player to have an injury that wasn't as bad as initially feared?

I'm bewildered that NRL clubs aren't recruiting their medical teams from the multitude of experts that post here.

TheFrog

Coach
Yeah but Penrith don't have a half like Keary to partner Soward.

You mean to replace Soward and partner Wallace. I think we should have persisted with Isaac John but he was injured last week and played Reggies on Saturday. It does look like its going to take a while to cover the little bloke. Interesting to see what happens tonight. I thought Cartwright did reasonably OK last week, although he's more an offloader-in-traffic in the mould of his uncle than an organiser.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Want him to miss games?

Deadset, we know you hate our club, but this is the biggest load of shit you have ever posted.

Latest posts