What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How woeful are the Bulldogs!!!!

skeepe

Immortal
I honestly think they need to look at dropping Idris for Lafai.

Idris has been completely disinterested his last few games, and seems to be looking ahead to next year already. Lafai's a bloody good player and obviously has more to offer the club for the future.

Idris on the other hand is nothing but a lazy liability.

Sleep

Juniors
Keeping up with the theme of the thread so far. Idris sucks.

And Moore looks to be gone if the story on him needing a top four finish to keep his job is true. May as well pack his bags now.

Doga

Juniors

Idris has been completely disinterested his last few games, and seems to be looking ahead to next year already. Lafai's a bloody good player and obviously has more to offer the club for the future.

My thoughts when it was looking likely that J Morris was coming back was to move Lafai to Right Centre and have Idris on the Bench as an impact forward.

Dogs have no idea how to play football these days. It is embarrassing

The funny thing about Idris is that the Titans are paying through the arse for him when even Bulldogs officials thought their offer was more than what they thought he was worth.

Lowdown

Juniors
As funny it is seeing the dogs get what they deserve for buying talent, it will be ten times funnier thinking about the titans playing shit house (again) next year to crappy crowds and seeing searls fat face hurried in his hands. Funny like a headache. But ironic.

Packy

Bench
We don't set things up to Expoit Idris as well as we could. With the right plays I have no doubt he will be much more consistent and damaging. Hopefully for them, the Titans get this working.

oldmancraigy

Coach
And Moore looks to be gone if the story on him needing a top four finish to keep his job is true. May as well pack his bags now.

Agreed - he's history.

It's a bit harsh on Moore though.

He's got pathetic halves, the worst defensive fullback in the comp, no props, and a bunch of "attacking" backrowers - which is code for "they don't like to do the hard work'.

The squad is fairly over-rated isn't it? They only won 9 games last year - how much difference do you think a reserve grade 5/8 (Kris Keating), an average half (Hodko) and a couple of enigmatic backrowers is really going to make?
If they win 12 games this year, they should see it as a really good step forward IMO.

BDGS

Bench
Agreed - he's history.

He's got pathetic halves, the worst defensive fullback in the comp, no props, and a bunch of "attacking" backrowers - which is code for "they don't like to do the hard work'.

The squad is fairly over-rated isn't it? They only won 9 games last year - how much difference do you think a reserve grade 5/8 (Kris Keating), an average half (Hodko) and a couple of enigmatic backrowers is really going to make?
If they win 12 games this year, they should see it as a really good step forward IMO.

That's a bit harsh on all involved.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Agreed - he's history.

Surely recruitment and the responsibility thereof falls on him? Both halves were brought to the club under his stewardship, he chose to put said player at fullback, and also recruited one big lazy back-rower I can think of.

POPEYE

Coach
Late last year when the Dogs had gone on their 'spending spree' and all the euphoria was about how well they were going to do this year I thought what are they going on about.

Tollman is hardly a replacement for Hannant when you consider at the Storm he was surrounded by the best drilled team in the business when he earned his claim to fame.

Pritchard was a habitual underachiever at the foot of the mountains and although he has stepped up his work rate at the Dogs he's hardly a world beater.

Hodkinson was bought before he had surpassed the second year after greatness syndrome that the Dogs were lucky to miss out on if they had won the race

to sign Mortimer so they should have known better. Keating a good buy? By what measure did they decide that.

Now all of a sudden there is a call for Moore to make the top four or else. Could be subterfuge by the Doggie board to trick the team into performing by threatening to sack the coach.

All he's got that are out of the ordinary are Barba and Idris, the latter already thinking about next year thanks to the ridiculous situation of players signing with other clubs

not long after the pre-season where they pledged their allegience. The dog's board are supreme optimists.

skeepe

Immortal

Good call that one. Ok it only happened because he was late for training, but the Bulldogs could do a lot worse than making it permanent.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The reshuffle has me very excited about the weekend. Roberts is back to partner Keating... our left edge might actually get some ball to work with. Goodwin's passenger-like play lately will be improved with an eager Lett - and Lafai is very exciting.

Tolman returning and Eastwood back on the bench should be very good too.

The reshuffle has me very excited about the weekend. Roberts is back to partner Keating... our left edge might actually get some ball to work with. Goodwin's passenger-like play lately will be improved with an eager Lett - and Lafai is very exciting.

Tolman returning and Eastwood back on the bench should be very good too.

what? this is a first! you are not defending idris.

skeepe

Immortal
Why would he? Looking at it objectively, Lafai's form has been streets ahead of Idris this year, and he's only played 3-4 games.

I like the look of this kid, I really do.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why should I defend Idris? He breached team protocol and Moore had the balls to sit him on his arse. Good.

Why would he? Looking at it objectively, Lafai's form has been streets ahead of Idris this year, and he's only played 3-4 games.

I like the look of this kid, I really do.

I mentioned this months ago before the hype hit critical mass and timmah was his champion.

Why should I defend Idris? He breached team protocol and Moore had the balls to sit him on his arse. Good.

ahh changed your f**king tune now eh timmah?

maybe because he is leaving the club now..