What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How woeful are the Bulldogs!!!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Never understood the fuss about the Bulldogs, they are a very average side all over the park.

Barba is a great attacking player but a poor defender, Idris is a lazy turnstyle, and Keating and Hodgkinson rival Mortimer and Robson as the least inspiring halves pairing in the comp. Combined with Ennis at hooker, the Dogs have no creativity or variety in their game and will not score points against good sides.

Doga

Juniors
I mentioned this months ago before the hype hit critical mass and timmah was his champion.

ahh changed your f**king tune now eh timmah?

maybe because he is leaving the club now..

Idris was outstanding the first few rounds. He has been terrible since.

BM1979

Juniors
Never understood the fuss about the Bulldogs, they are a very average side all over the park.

Barba is a great attacking player but a poor defender, Idris is a lazy turnstyle, and Keating and Hodgkinson rival Mortimer and Robson as the least inspiring halves pairing in the comp. Combined with Ennis at hooker, the Dogs have no creativity or variety in their game and will not score points against good sides.

Are you able to make a post about the Bulldogs without actually mentioning Ennis at all , does it hurt you that badly that your poor little Latte Drinking Pussy Robbie is not being Picked for NSW.

You really need to get over it , you sound like a 15 year old B**ch who continually gets herself off to the same photo of a guy she loves.

What Photo of Robbie do you keep on your Bedside Table?

Spot On

Coach

Totally agree. Barber at fullback shits me. The bloke has no idea how to return the footy and help his team get better field position. Can't believe they haven't addressed this yet. Stop turning the ball out for your wingers, catch it on the full and run the f**king thing back. Help out for Christ sake. Idris is a backrower and needs to play as an impact forward of the bench. Lafai should stay in the centres the rest of the year. Ben Roberts - geez. Hope he goes well but if last year is anything to go by, he will struggle.

BM1979

Juniors
Totally agree. Barber at fullback shits me. The bloke has no idea how to return the footy and help his team get better field position. Can't believe they haven't addressed this yet. Stop turning the ball out for your wingers, catch it on the full and run the f**king thing back. Help out for Christ sake. Idris is a backrower and needs to play as an impact forward of the bench. Lafai should stay in the centres the rest of the year. Ben Roberts - geez. Hope he goes well but if last year is anything to go by, he will struggle.

Are you serious , he looks so Dangerous returning the ball , its under the high ball he struggles IMO

dogslife

Coach
I'm happy with Barba at fullback, his only deficiency is under the high ball, but that comes with experience. I'd take Barba over Wank McKinnon any day of the week. However if I was Kevin Moore I'd be putting Idris into the second row, Ryan into the front row, and Lafai to cement the centre spot, but not before giving myself an uppercut first

Spot On

Coach
Are you serious , he looks so Dangerous returning the ball , its under the high ball he struggles IMO

Slater, Dugan, Hayne, Mini return the ball mate. That means when you have it off a kick you actually run with it towards the opposition defensive line MOST of the game. Not every now and then. Not tipping it off to Goodwin or Turner. He does not return the ball like a fullback should. And yes, he has no idea under the high ball.

Spot On

Coach
I'm happy with Barba at fullback, his only deficiency is under the high ball, but that comes with experience. I'd take Barba over Wank McKinnon any day of the week. However if I was Kevin Moore I'd be putting Idris into the second row, Ryan into the front row, and Lafai to cement the centre spot, but not before giving myself an uppercut first

And there is another skill a fullback SHOULD have but this bloke doesn't. He doesn't even contest the ball at times. C'mon, surely you blokes can't stand watching that can you? He has a lot of work to do to keep that spot.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ahh changed your f**king tune now eh timmah?

maybe because he is leaving the club now..

Are you blind or just plain f**king stupid?

He missed training, the club has policies which dictate if you miss training, you're dropped for a week. No point arguing it, especially when Lafai is such a handy replacement.

Spot On

Coach
Hit ups for fullbacks:

Mini - 189 in 12 games
Hayne - 160 in 10 games
Slater - 156 in 12 games
Bowen - 148 in 13 games (and this bloke tips the ball off a lot as well)
Dugan - 67 in 3 full games and a few minutes here and there in 3 others.

Barber - 109 in 12 games (Turner 128 in 12 games)

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
Hit ups for fullbacks:

Mini - 189 in 12 games
Hayne - 160 in 10 games
Slater - 156 in 12 games

Most tries this season... Ben Barba, he's certainly wasting those hit ups isn't he?

Spot On

Coach
Most tries this season... Ben Barba, he's certainly wasting those hit ups isn't he?

Mate the bloke is a genius getting over the try line. No argument. The point was he doesn't return the ball from the kick or take the high ball. You know, the job the fullback is there to do. Making a few tackles wouldn't hurt either. So basically, he has one out of four skills covered. Hope he keeps scoring tries for you guys. You need it.

Are you blind or just plain f**king stupid?

He missed training, the club has policies which dictate if you miss training, you're dropped for a week. No point arguing it, especially when Lafai is such a handy replacement.

Nobody is as stupid as you. Maybe besthalfwitpearce.

BM1979

Juniors
Hit ups for fullbacks:

Mini - 189 in 12 games
Hayne - 160 in 10 games
Slater - 156 in 12 games

I would prefer to save Barba for attack thanks , why waste him for hit ups , also Turner and Barba alternate throughout the game , he does not spend the full 80 minutes at fullback