What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howard Government Pledges $9 Million for Brookvale Oval

TITAN1

Juniors
It seems (from an outsiders POV) that Brookvale Oval was sufficient 30 years ago,but Sydneys growth, and lack of planning by Management, has seen Brookvale left behind.
Its all very well to get your "core base of fans" attending home matches,but if attendances fall then surely the income flow will be affected.:)

t-ba

Post Whore
TITAN1 said:
It seems (from an outsiders POV) that Brookvale Oval was sufficient 30 years ago,but Sydneys growth, and lack of planning by Management, has seen Brookvale left behind.
Its all very well to get your "core base of fans" attending home matches,but if attendances fall then surely the income flow will be affected.:)

Attendences are better than they've ever been...

...I hardly see how it's managements fault either. How many other clubs have paid for a stand in the last 15 years?

TITAN1

Juniors
t-ba said:
Attendences are better than they've ever been...

...I hardly see how it's managements fault either. How many other clubs have paid for a stand in the last 15 years?
That should have Council Management,not Manly.
Sorry.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
TITAN1 said:

Attendances have been up the last couple of years. Blaming our management for the government ignoring us doesn't make sense to me, they have been trying for years to get funding. It took a threat to relocate to get any action at all. I don't really know what you mean by the growth of Sydney and the impact that has on where the home games for a Northern Beaches based team should be?

If people on the Northern Beaches have relatively easy access to Brookvale Oval, what does it matter if it is hard to get to for other supporters? It is our home ground, therefore Manly supporters are the ones to be thinking about when talking about the location of our team's home ground. Most Sydney fans would have a tough time getting to Newcastle or Canberra home games, does that mean they should move? Sure it would be great if opposition fans had easier access to Brookvale Oval, but come on, if we are expected to make our way in and out of the area on a regular bases then opposition fans can suck it up and catch a couple of buses to get there for one game a year.

TITAN1

Juniors
As i said,an outsiders POV.
Time will tell as to brookies fate i guess.
Good luck with the rally.

innsaneink

Referee
Hopefully Labor come up with something too, coz I see the Libs offer as being useless as they wont be there this time next week.
As much as i dislike Manly,we need to keep our suburban grounds up to date and in good order, dont wanna end up like AFL and everyone playing at one concrete stadium, gotta keep some semblance of territory and tribalism - a homes a home - yet its a house when shared with others.

nqboy

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Hopefully Labor come up with something too, coz I see the Libs offer as being useless as they wont be there this time next week.
As I pointed out earlier. The fact that the local Labour candidates are addressing the meeting gives us some hope.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When the salary cap goes up, clubs without grounds to attract 25,000 and decent corporate facilities will no longer be able to survive If the Eagles want to stay at Brookie they had better start doing something proactive to sort it out.

Red Bear

Referee
t-ba said:
Probably. The Original line was meant to be through Mosman. Land Resumption would probably run into the Billions now. Much like trying to finish off the original Eastern Suburbs line from Bondi Junction to Marourba!

The Christie Plan (Devised Earlier this decade) proposed a trainline from Chatswood along the Roseville Bridge and through to Dee Why.

The NSW government is hopeless with mass transit infrastructure. Queensland puts them to shame with the way they work through projects, and will probably have a network better capable of handling a population the Size of Sydney's in Brisbane within a decade...
Yeah, they live in Seaforth and everything is getting built on over there

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
parra pete said:
It's going to be the Central Coast Raiders by 2010.

Is that something you have heard, or something you think?

Would be a shame, I think there should be a team in Canberra

Get the 9 mill from people in the area, why should my HARD EARNED tax dollars pay for this shyte clubs ground?

Voting Rudd now simply because of this pledge, johny you lost a supporter.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Dragonsforthewin said:
Get the 9 mill from people in the area, why should my HARD EARNED tax dollars pay for this shyte clubs ground?

Voting Rudd now simply because of this pledge, johny you lost a supporter.

Why should my HARD EARNED tax dollars go towards upgrading your clubs sh!thole of a ground at Kogarah? Moron.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There should be a national pot of money for states/councils to be able to tap into to develop stadiums that have a benefit to the community. If the new stand at Brookie has facilities that will benefit the community beyond Manly fans once a week then it is an appropriate way to spend tax payers money.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Eagle Rocker, it's simple - Kogarah is in a marginal seat, Brookie isn't.

Manly - move to the SFS, or tell Warringah Council to get off it's arse. CC is impractical and it's been shown once you aren't welcome here.

This is the fault of Warringah Council, nobody else. Especially not me and my taxpayer dollars.