What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howard Government Pledges $9 Million for Brookvale Oval

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Harold Bishop said:
Who is celebrating moron?
Jason King said:
"This is fantastic news for Manly fans and supporters of the NRL. We didn't want to relocate away from Brookvale."

t-ba said:
That's just about the dumbest thing I've heard from anyone on this board.

Moving to Pittwater Rugby Park because the Parking at Brookvale is sh*t and it's difficult to get to. Wow, that's just, epically stupid.

Maybe Gosford should have payed for Grahame Park. After all, it's not like they committed money to getting a top class sporting venue into the Region pretty much since the region was settled...

My Pittwater remark was clearly tongue-in-cheek, it's quite dumb on your behalf to have taken it seriously :lol: I see you didn't address Warringah Council's failure though.

t-ba

Post Whore
Dragonsforthewin said:
but its the truth. all howard is trying to do is get the 400 manly fans to vote for him.

:lol:.

In 2005, the second placed Dragons managed an Average of 14,780, whilst the 8th placed Eagles managed 15,171. In 2006, the Sixth Placed Dragons got an average of 13,825, whilst the 5th placed Eagles had 15,484.

Manly's attendances have spent the better part of the last 30 years sh*tting all over Dragons crowds...

Sure, St George might have more fans, but most of them live nowhere near the heartlands...Your club would draw more playing out of Lang Park than they currently do at Oki Choki.

nqboy

First Grade
t-ba said:

In 2005, the second placed Dragons managed an Average of 14,780, whilst the 8th placed Eagles managed 15,171. In 2006, the Sixth Placed Dragons got an average of 13,825, whilst the 5th placed Eagles had 15,484.

Manly's attendances have spent the better part of the last 30 years sh*tting all over Dragons crowds...

Sure, St George might have more fans, but most of them live nowhere near the heartlands...Your club would draw more playing out of Lang Park than they currently do at Oki Choki.
Ouch!

t-ba said:

I have always lived 5 minutes away from Oki, so dont know who ur referring too.

but anyway we can both agree manly is a rubbish dump of a team :D

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
My Pittwater remark was clearly tongue-in-cheek, it's quite dumb on your behalf to have taken it seriously :lol: I see you didn't address Warringah Council's failure though.

I did. How many other councils have pumped tens of millions into football venues? Honest now...Certainly not Gosford.

To denote sarcasm, one typically uses an emoticon or some other such obvious signpost. Considering your singularly stupid posts on this topic, I merely assumed you were being serious. It makes more sense that half of the dribble emitting from your keyboard.

t-ba

Post Whore
Dragonsforthewin said:
I have always lived 5 minutes away from Oki, so dont know who ur referring too.

but anyway we can both agree manly is a rubbish dump of a team :D

It's a shame no one else lives that close, maybe you'd have a crowd average reflecting your massively overhyped reputation as a mega club.

Timmah

Staff member
Hmmm... I see you missed 2007:

2nd placed Sea Eagles - Manly Warringah 15,090 (11x Brookvale, 1x Bluetongue)
14th placed Dragons - St George Illawarra 12,266 (6 OKI, 6 WIN)

For a team who improved their position in 2007 to make the Grand Final, a dip in attendances really isn't excusable. St George Illawarra on the other hand played like sh*t, hence their drop in figure.

At the end of the day I don't agree with dftw's sentiment, I think it's stupid and biased - but at the same time I don't think Manly should be bragging about crowd figures or anything.

Timmah

Staff member
t-ba said:
I did. How many other councils have pumped tens of millions into football venues? Honest now...Certainly not Gosford.

To denote sarcasm, one typically uses an emoticon or some other such obvious signpost. Considering your singularly stupid posts on this topic, I merely assumed you were being serious. It makes more sense that half of the dribble emitting from your keyboard.

Wow, another personal attack instead of a contribution to the argument. :thumb

nqboy

First Grade
Timmah said:

For a team who improved their position in 2007 to make the Grand Final, a dip in attendances really isn't excusable. St George Illawarra on the other hand played like sh*t, hence their drop in figure.

At the end of the day I don't agree with dftw's sentiment, I think it's stupid and biased - but at the same time I don't think Manly should be bragging about crowd figures or anything.
Except that average crowds of 15K+ for the last three years in that sh*thole (I'm taking everyone's word for that) isn't a bad effort.

Timmah

Staff member
t-ba said:

It's not about going "OK, the ground's falling apart let's put $x million into it". It's about continuing upkeep over a progressive period. Surely keeping the ground in a sensible and safe state over smaller amounts of time, therefore using less money, is more viable than letting it become the flaming pit of hell it currently is. I'm pretty sure Gosford Council would be responsible for making small-scale progressive works on Bluetongue would it not?

Regardless, it would appear apart from some road surfacing on the western side of the ground, WC has done nothing to help Brookvale be improved, instead thinking "oh, the State or Feds will do it for us".

Pathetic IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
nqboy said:
Except that average crowds of 15K+ for the last three years in that sh*thole (I'm taking everyone's word for that) isn't a bad effort.

I don't recall a single sellout in 2007, after getting them a few times in the previous seasons. What happened?

t-ba

Post Whore
Crowds dropped through June/July. That's why it wasn't counted, last year was a huge anamoly for crowds in New South Wales on account of the weather. No point in including the Bluetongue match because it hardly reflects Manly's home crowd drawing power. And it still wipes the floor with the Dragons average crowd.

7 times in the last 30 seasons St George/St-I have drawn better than Manly/Neagles, two of those during the really dark Neagles years. Hardly impressive

c_eagle

Juniors
Timmah said:

Way to bring up a whole lot of irrelevancies.

"They're talking about attendances, I know about attendances, I MUST participate".

Red Bear

Referee
Wollongong's Western stand badly needs an upgrade also, and we to pump alot into the economy (steelworks and port kembla).

t-ba said:

thats a good post, and im a saints fan.

saints do have lots of support around the country

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Wow, another personal attack instead of a contribution to the argument. :thumb

There's no ad hominem there Timmah. I was attacking the dubious quality of your posts in this thread. And trust me, the quality is dubious.

A personal attack would have been 'f**k timmah, your stupidity is oozing out of every post you've made in this thread. You're as dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. I wish you're ginger pocked crater face would get banned from the NRL forum like it has the FFB'

nqboy

First Grade
t-ba said:
Crowds dropped through June/July. That's why it wasn't counted, last year was a huge anamoly for crowds in New South Wales on account of the weather. No point in including the Bluetongue match because it hardly reflects Manly's home crowd drawing power. And it still wipes the floor with the Dragons average crowd.

7 times in the last 30 seasons St George/St-I have drawn better than Manly/Neagles, two of those during the really dark Neagles years. Hardly impressive
Timmah, he's tearing you a new one here.

t-ba

Post Whore
Red Bear said:
Wollongong's Western stand badly needs an upgrade also, and we to pump alot into the economy (steelworks and port kembla).

Well, maybe the council should have spent more money keeping the stand updated. :roll:

You know, Lang Park didn't deserve a cent. We should just blame the Brisbane City Council for failing to keep the Old Girl up to date.