What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLM01

First Grade
This article doesn't say when Hunt asked for a release. Flanagan's claiming he sought out Hunt before signing on. It's the timeline that's important for mine.
You want timing. The CEO said on air this aftrernoon he has talked with them about a release for a few weeks now. It was officially in writing today. Id say the Hook sacking and the way it happened was the last straw in his mind.
But if Hook was the last straw then he can go if he must and can play with the side Hook is coaching

Phantom V

Juniors
If this is the case hopefully it’s all over red rover.View attachment 75718
Better to get rid of him now than have his moping ass affecting the rest of the team. Cut ties on the proviso that he doesn’t play for another club for the rest of the season. In the meantime we give Sullivan game time to develop as our future half back and use the money we would have otherwise spent on Hunt to get some quality forwards.

matPORTS

Juniors
I'm sure most supporters are in two minds about this situation.

In my opinion, the more this story develops, the more I personally think that it is time for us to move on...

...but we should not be moving on without the adequate compensation coming back our way, and we should absolutely be ensuring that Ben goes onto the salary cap for the next club for exactly the same amount that he will have been at us for 24/25. I also feel he needs to see out 2023 with us (whether that is playing or sitting out).

It really baffles me at how easily players in the game are allowed to break their contracts. Not all of this is on the players, but the power brokers and outside influencers have a lot to answer for as well.

getsmarty

Immortal
I'm sure most supporters are in two minds about this situation.

In my opinion, the more this story develops, the more I personally think that it is time for us to move on...

...but we should not be moving on without the adequate compensation coming back our way, and we should absolutely be ensuring that Ben goes onto the salary cap for the next club for exactly the same amount that he will have been at us for 24/25. I also feel he needs to see out 2023 with us (whether that is playing or sitting out).

It really baffles me at how easily players in the game are allowed to break their contracts. Not all of this is on the players, but the power brokers and outside influencers have a lot to answer for as well.

Well Said @matPORTS

Maddragon99

Juniors
There's no way in hell we give Hunt to another club this year after we've paid the majority of his salary and the new club pays buggerall.
You’d have to think there’d be a transfer fee & salary cap dispensation for the remainder of ‘23.

Having thought about it more, every cent of the millions of dollars that sook has been paid has been completely wasted. Just let him go & let him be somebody else’s expensive problem.

redVinme

Bench
How can hunt be on 900k/1m but only 250k for Titans to get him for rest of the year? Is it cause contracts start in Nov?

blacksafake

First Grade
Said elsewhere that the club should tell his manager that he’ll only be released on these terms.
Must be with a Queensland club only.
Can’t play against us for two years.
And there must be a player swap for a player of our choice otherwise go f**k yourself.

56to66

Juniors
Nuh, its like we give you a V8 Mustang for $10000, and we get $3000 Holden Astra, Omg we dealing with the lowest of all Dealers!
Come on we Deserve a Mclaren, Jabba the Hutt!

Last edited:

Gardenia

Juniors
They

Not turning up to your captains 300 game dinner says so much…they don’t care for him, they will never play for him, he does not have their respect and admiration,
Time to put the Hunt tenure into history.
If your not valued they don’t deserve you

Latest posts