What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dannyt

Coach
If the NRL ‘ integrity commission ‘ cannot find any fault in this situation, any form of collusion between prospective clubs and Hunt or his agent , then there is something seriously wrong with the procedures involved in their investigation of this matter .

At the end of the day it is St.George Illawarra who loses on all counts , yet Hunt is contracted to the club and it would appear that he be elsewhere very soon .

Regardless of how one looks at this injustice , there can be no doubt that the NRL integrity commission is nothing but a toothless tiger .
Honest question-does the Integrity Commission even investigate these types of incidents?

Last edited:

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Hunt says he was promised signings. Get real buddy no one was coming over to pay under your mate Hook. So may he look in the mirror and be honest to the fact that you and your mate Hook are off of the reason the position we are in. I had so much hate for Mary but I was actually happier watching us play under that bald headed ???

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Well if I'm the Board and Management, I am in no hurry to make a decision. Hunt is still contracted to us, let's wait for the right deal to come along. If there's not a decent deal on the table, well I'm happy just to wait. And if there is a decent offer or swap on the table, I'm still in no rush and Benny that's really sad but you'll just have to be patient. Certainly no point rushing into anything, this season's screwed anyway.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Well if I'm the Board and Management, I am in no hurry to make a decision. Hunt is still contracted to us, let's wait for the right deal to come along. If there's not a decent deal on the table, well I'm happy just to wait. And if there is a decent offer or swap on the table, I'm still in no rush and Benny that's really sad but you'll just have to be patient. Certainly no point rushing into anything, this season's screwed anyway.
Great post. Let's hope Flanno shows who's running the show now. I wouldn't let him go to the donkeys whatever the deal. He had his chance of a premiership and f***Ed up. Doesn't deserve another at our expense.

dragon thomo

Juniors
No he drops the ball in front of the Broncos and the opposition kicks a field goal to win the Grand Final.
As one of the other supporter said , Hunt could have at least played out the year and negotiated a release behind closed doors.
Tbe Broncos have a lot to answer about how this has happened.
Always remember no club would have approached

thebigredv

First Grade
I know what your saying, but jeez we have a fu#king Billionaire owns the club and his son is on the board and they do Fu@k All. What do think Russell and Uncle Nick do, they don’t fu$k around they are making sure they are winners. That’s the difference between us and them.
This is it in a nutshell. Sad to think that all the hopes and fortunes of the rugby league clubs we so passionately love rest on how far a fat cat will go to deliver the best players out there. This is what has become of sport. If you end up on the wrong side of it…it becomes a punish.

possm

Coach
Hunt says he was promised signings. Get real buddy no one was coming over to pay under your mate Hook. So may he look in the mirror and be honest to the fact that you and your mate Hook are off of the reason the position we are in. I had so much hate for Mary but I was actually happier watching us play under that bald headed ???
Peter Doust has form in this area. Leading up to the retention of key players he promises the world and then cannot deliver; he always knew he could not deliver.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Agreed. Talks about signings but maybe he's struggling to come to terms that nobody wants to play with someone who demands the ball, throws hospital passes and generally is a massive sook

Mojo

Bench
Peter Doust has form in this area. Leading up to the retention of key players he promises the world and then cannot deliver; he always knew he could not deliver.
Yeah, right. Hunt expects total honesty and commitment in negotiations. Pffftt.