What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walpole

Juniors
Oh Yes , have Tino in a heartbeat. His brother? We need above all an experienced game manager at half. To fill in time while our best junior halves, such as Nicholas Quinn, Lyckan King-Togia or Ashton Ward, mature.
100%. We need a captain, a forward leader and a gun prop. Tino is all of these things. Seems like a fair trade!

Mojo

Bench
For what it's worth I wouldnt mind betting the NRL hasn't had a word to our mob and said we might give you blokes a big kick in the nuts if you roll over in this situation.
I said on here last night we held all the cards, that was obvious to everyone .....the problem was that with our track record did we have the intestinal fortitude to deliver...it's early days yet but so far we have.
Now poses the question does Hunt get relieved of the captaincy with our club and his teammates knowing full well he wanted out and in the end it was the club that stood firm.

To be completely honest with you all I didn't give a fig if Hunt went or still ends up going....what really rattled my cage was the reported side step to the Donkeys for the remainder of this year . If it turns out he ends up with the Titans for 24/25 and sits out this year then I'm more that happy with that as well, that's providing we get adequate compensation so we can pay players that want to be here
Agree. I still hope the NRL investigates and penalises the various smartarses involved to-date.
No way should he remain captain (he's shithouse at it anyway)

Mojo

Bench
In terms of player welfare, at the end of the day Ben Hunt is not a prisoner. He does not need a release from his Dragons contract if he wants to leave Wollongong to return to QLD and be closer to family. He is free to go home and get a job that is not rugby league.
Is he? What's a contract then? Just the club agreeing to pay him if he deigns to turn up?

St Tangles

Bench
Now we are in the power seat for 24 and 25... let's negotiate for a transfer fee or flanno approved players from whoever wants him

And how much grief have we saved Benny and his family for the rest of this year.. pretty hard to get a house or rental property overnight and play for the Bronx at same time.. saints have just done a bit of player welfare

And congrats to the board for playing hardball
I have a new investment property for lease up there
Will be finished in time for next season

Some on here saying the BOD had shown good old fashioned balls by not accepting his immediate release so they have time to negotiate a deal to suit the club, re player transfers, sitting out the season etc. But their words '' we expect Hunt to see out his current contract'' that means '24/25, does not spell that to me. It spells that they dont intend to sack him, move him to Ressies, remove his captaincy, they are saying that they intend him to stay and with his reputation in tact. That is not showing balls, it is rolling over!!

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
This is what apparently Hunt said at the meeting -

Ben Hunt said: "I appreciated the open and honest discussion and will continue to work alongside the club and now focus on our game against the Sharks this Thursday night."
What he actually meant was

“wah wah wah…watch me play like shit from now on because I didn’t get my way!”

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Some on here saying the BOD had shown good old fashioned balls by not accepting his immediate release so they have time to negotiate a deal to suit the club, re player transfers, sitting out the season etc. But their words '' we expect Hunt to see out his current contract'' that means '24/25, does not spell that to me. It spells that they dont intend to sack him, move him to Ressies, remove his captaincy, they are saying that they intend him to stay.
How can they have a disgruntled captain of the team stay on and play yep he has a contract , but cant see him staying no matter what they say ...... If it was me work out a deal and piss him off ...... He has done his dash with me ........

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
After I heard the news this morning I didn't know whether to laugh or cry tbh.........now it's sunk in:
Laugh because the Board grew some, Hunt never got his own way and neither did the Donkeys

Cry because we've still got him and he doesnt want to be here

But let's not get to excited just yet folks there will be a twist in all this you can bet on it