What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt - How many weeks?

How many weeks for Hunt?

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
Razor said:
7 weeks

You don't have to intentionally target their head

That is why they have 3 levels with 5 levels each

- Careless
- Reckless
- Intentional

Hunt will be charged at the Reckless level Grade 4

:lol::lol::lol:

Reckless? :lol: Reckless means that it is a dangerous tackle with no extenuating circumstances...for example, a swinging arm taking an opponent at full height is reckless Anasta being ON ONE KNEE at the time of impact is fairly extenuating. But then, you're an idiot...

He should get a grand total of zero weeks, and if he is charged the Broncos should feel very aggrieved....it was a good hit that went wrong when the attacking player fell over. Was Hunt supposed to know Anasta was going to fall over? That's essentially what any charge would be based on... If we start suspending blokes for that we may as well play bloody Oztag

Apey

Staff member
Razor said:
7 weeks

You don't have to intentionally target their head

That is why they have 3 levels with 5 levels each

- Careless
- Reckless
- Intentional

Hunt will be charged at the Reckless level Grade 4

As JW said we can always rely on Razor to provide us with entertainment :lol:

Danish

Referee
AnastaHit.jpg

Here is a sequence of the hit I put together.

1) Anasta still on his feet. Hunt starting his shoulder charge. Notice his should already at neck/chin height.

2) moment of impact. If you look at the little kid behind in the stands just above anasta's head in this shot, then compare it to the first one, you can see his head dropped all all of a few inches at this point. You can also get an idea of how far he fell by looking at how far his knee is off the ground in the first shot compare to the 2nd one.

3) A split second later, with the hit already following through and Anasta bending backwards. Only now his knee is actually making full contact with the ground.

Hunt launched himself into a shoulder tackle that in all likelihood would have collected Anasta high regardless of if he fell or not. He is looking away, sure, but his actions were at best careless, and at worst reckless.

A grade 1 reckless is probably what he will get, or a a very high careless grading.

3-4 weeks IMO

_Johnsy

Referee
Danish said:
AnastaHit.jpg

1) Anasta still on his feet. Hunt starting his shoulder charge. Notice his should already at neck/chin height.

2) moment of impact. If you look at the little kid behind in the stands just above anasta's head in this shot, then compare it to the first one, you can see his head dropped all all of a few inches at this point. You can also get an idea of how far he fell by looking at how far his knee is off the ground in the first shot compare to the 2nd one.

3) A split second later, with the hit already following through and Anasta bending backwards. Only now his knee is actually making full contact with the ground.

Hunt launched himself into a shoulder tackle that in all likelihood would have collected Anasta high regardless of if he fell or not. He is looking away, sure, but his actions were at best careless, and at worst reckless.

A grade 1 reckless is probably what he will get, or a a very high careless grading.

3-4 weeks IMO

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1st frame is shoulder to shoulder height, 3-4 weeks, fuggin classic, wake up.

innsaneink

Referee
If Hunt had a tomahawk and started swing it at the point his knee is actually making full contact with the ground....in all likelihood he'd have lopped his head right orf.

Likelihoods dont come into it.

The Survivor

Juniors
Hunt was blameless, It was an accident with Anasta falling into the shoulder, the penalty was enough as it was careless. That imbecele Clark however should be banned for life for that ridiculous no try ruling which probably cost the Roosters the game.

salivor

First Grade
Danish said:
AnastaHit.jpg

3-4 weeks IMO

Take the Rooster coloured glasses off. Take a look at Pete's photo and tell me that Hunt's shot was going to hit him on the chin regardless. Anasta at impact is on his knee, now unless his feet are attached at the knee then standing fully upright it was always going to be a regulation shoulder charge. It's funny that both Fittler and Anasta have accepted it as just an accident....

_Johnsy

Referee
Danish said:
A grade 1 reckless is probably what he will get, or a a very high careless grading. 3-4 weeks IMO

I think you should get a 8 week suspension for the tripe you typed. You A grade idiot.

Danish

Referee
salivor said:
Take the Rooster coloured glasses off. Take a look at Pete's photo and tell me that Hunt's shot was going to hit him on the chin regardless. Anasta at impact is on his knee, now unless his feet are attached at the knee then standing fully upright it was always going to be a regulation shoulder charge. It's funny that both Fittler and Anasta have accepted it as just an accident....

I'm sorry, are my screenshots of the game taken from different footage to his??

Take a look at the first shot when Anasta is still on his feet. He is already very low on his feet as he was stepping. Its not as if Anasta was standing upright and perpendicular to the ground before losing his footing.

Anasta accepted that it was an accident, as did Fittler, as do I. Hunt was trying to put a shot on, and because of poor timing and Anasta falling slightly, he ended up smashing him very, very high.

That does not mean he wont be suspended, however. The careless charge is based completely around accidental contact. He will get charged without a doubt.

Danish

Referee
innsaneink said:
If Hunt had a tomahawk and started swing it at the point his knee is actually making full contact with the ground....in all likelihood he'd have lopped his head right orf.

Likelihoods dont come into it.

If thats the case, then Hunt has no defence at all.

Or is claiming that "If Anasta had not have fallen, in all likelihood i would not have broken his nose" different??

JAMES BOND

Juniors
Danish said:
AnastaHit.jpg

3-4 weeks IMO

Wake up, nothing wrong with a front on shoulder charge, it's how they are meant to be done.
Anasta slipped and that's the only reason why he got hit in the head.

0 weeks, penalty was enough.

badav

Bench
Couldnt help but laugh at Ray Chesterton saying it was a disgrace that hunt wasnt sent off. What game was this bloke watching?? It was unlucky that Anasta slipped and copped it in the face.

Danish up to your usual crap. You can make anything of it if you freeze frame it, but in real time i doubt hunt had time to think about adjusting his hit because anasta slipped/.

if you click on the who voted for what link in the poll, you can get a good view of what category each poster belongs in.

0-2: posters with a fair to great knowledge of the game.
3-5: People who wear glasses to Idiots
5-10: People who hate the broncos more than life itself
10+: sh*t stirrers.

everyone in here has said that hunt shouldnt be suspended besides the usual dickheads that want to see the death of the broncos. or want to see anything that could potentially harm the broncos.

innsaneink

Referee
Danish said:
If thats the case, then Hunt has no defence at all.

Are you on drugs or something?
Youre the only one claiming 'ifs' and 'in all likelihoods'.....you need a good hard taste of reality

salivor

First Grade
Danish said:
I'm sorry, are my screenshots of the game taken from different footage to his??

Take a look at the first shot when Anasta is still on his feet. He is already very low on his feet as he was stepping. Its not as if Anasta was standing upright and perpendicular to the ground before losing his footing.

Anasta accepted that it was an accident, as did Fittler, as do I. Hunt was trying to put a shot on, and because of poor timing and Anasta falling slightly, he ended up smashing him very, very high.

That does not mean he wont be suspended, however. The careless charge is based completely around accidental contact. He will get charged without a doubt.

I think Pete's is just an enlarged version of your last shot which shows Anasta on his knee at impact.

Now 3 points. The first being that your shots are misleading as they show Anasta already slipping, let's see at what height he actually started at.

Second is that you're trying to say that Hunt had time to re-adjust as Anasta was stepping, this all happened in a split seconds so pictures of the incident are hardly sufficient for proving Hunt's intentions and judgement.

Thirdly, your pics still don't prove your claim that even if Anasta hadn't slipped that Hunt would've got his chin. I've put some markers on your pic (see below). The first one shows just how far he fell as he ended up on his knee. The second then shows that the distance he fell is equal to the height of Anasta's head and neck showing that even if he hadn't slipped Hunt was going to get him on the shoulder/chest.

AnastaHitcopy.jpg

NPK

Bench
Hunt didn't attack Anasta's head. He was attacking his chest but his head got in the way.

If Hunt had gotten low and was going to do a copy book tackle around the thighs and then suddenly Anasta fell and Hunt got him in the head, would Hunt be responsible for that at all? Of course not. So what's the difference here?

Moffo

Referee
so if i took a sledgehammer to anastas head during a game but he was falling id be let off?

coollll

Brycey

Juniors
But Moffo you had the intent to take a sledgehammer to Anastas head, cutie didnt have the same intention, it was bad luck that Anasta fell, you cant help bad luck. Just ask Shark supporters.

Ghoulies

Bench
Moffo said:
so if i took a sledgehammer to anastas head during a game but he was falling id be let off?

coollll
Wow. That is one quality argument you've put forward there.

You and Razor would get along very well.

Moffo said:

coollll

no, that would never happen. only men play rugby league, so you appearing on a footy field at all is very hard to imagine.