What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt - How many weeks?

How many weeks for Hunt?

• Total voters

Dave Q

Coach
Anasta fell into it awkwardly so its his own fault.

If Hunt did it on purpose, he deserves a medal.

adamkungl

Immortal
Dave Q said:
Anasta fell into it awkwardly so its his own fault.

If Hunt did it on purpose, he deserves a medal.

I can imagine last week you were saying what lowlives we all were for applauding Brown...f**k you're clueless.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Zero weeks

The only reason Anasta head made contact is because he slipped at the last second and Hunt has no control over that.

Razor

Coach
miccle said:
Funny how 99% of Roosters fans are straight out saying that it was an unfortunate accident

Obviously you failed Maths at school.

And the ones that are, are just being good sport. Same as the majority of players who get hit with an illegal tackle always say "Nah, there was nothing in it." and defend their opponent at the judiciary - yes I know the Broncos have never ever done that, because their little girls, which is why I said the majority of players. These fans are just being like the players of the club they support. Broncos fans wouldn't do that, which is why you're assuming that your opposition fans supporting you aren't being good sports but they actually agree with you.

Razor

Coach
lockyrulz said:
Said by someone having a cry..

Should we call you baby razor then?

I'm not having a cry. It's the Broncos fans having a cry. See what you're doing in this post?

Billythekid

First Grade
If anything giving him a suspension would be beneficial to the broncs so it doesn't matter either way.

Also i wouldn't give him any weeks, a penalty was plenty.

adamkungl

Immortal
Razor said:

And the ones that are, are just being good sport. Same as the majority of players who get hit with an illegal tackle always say "Nah, there was nothing in it." and defend their opponent at the judiciary - yes I know the Broncos have never ever done that, because their little girls, which is why I said the majority of players. These fans are just being like the players of the club they support. Broncos fans wouldn't do that, which is why you're assuming that your opposition fans supporting you aren't being good sports but they actually agree with you.

Who are you to decide that we're "just being good sports"? It would be very close to hypocritical if we were calling for the NRL to take action. I say very close as it WAS contact to the head and I've seen too many times in the past players been suspended for hitting falling players high. *cough* morley*cough*Not saying Hunt is to blame though.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Razor said:
I'm not having a cry. It's the Broncos fans having a cry. See what you're doing in this post?

Yes, I'm pointing out how you are having a great big waah.

So what is your preference, baby razor or widdle schick?

Brycey

Juniors
Razor said:

Who the hell are you?

I didnt know I had someone speak on my behalf, most persons with half a football brain know that accidents happen, it was an accident, yes it was unfortunate, a penalty was sufficient, end of story.

Perth Red

Post Whore
None it was Anasta's fault for slipping into it.

It's nonsense to say he derserves a ban because it hit the falling players head. What if a player is slipping and hits his head on an aopposing players knee, should it be a ban for kneeing to the head?

Sam Thaiday got hit in the face on the set before when he droppoed the ball. It was exactly the same circumstances yet I see no one calling for that to result in a ban? Only reason there is an outcry (as with the hit to Wing) is because a "star"player got injured from it.

A penalty was a harsh decision, anything after that would be farcical.

adamkungl

Immortal
Perth Red said:
Only reason there is an outcry (as with the hit to Wing) is because a "star"player got injured from it.

Spot on. I don't see JT crying about this the f**king lowlife

Dazzat

First Grade
Without Hunt's shoulder cushioning Anasta's fall it could have been real ugly.

Guts effort by Anasta going back on and copping a couple of other clouts around the snout. And to give credit, he's playing to his potential these days.

OuTkAsT

Juniors
F*******************************k Is This Even Football Anymore. If Hunt Put In A Normal Tackle Anasta Would Have Still Got F**ked Up. Netballers Are Harder Than Half You Whingers!

anjado

Juniors
He should get no weeks it's quite clear to see he slipped which is why he was collected high. Im very worried about the future of our game when people are crying over the smallest things really. The media are beating up everything and doing there best to change our great game the likes of The Daily Telegraph,Warren Smith and Phil Gould.

Really Shoulder Charges have been apart of the game for 100 years. They are exciting when they come off there is a high element of risk if you miss your target and the opposition. Really why would we want to lose such a wonderful part of the game the game is meant to be brutal it is meant to be tough.

I am very worried the game is losing a major part of its appeal the game is going to become soft. You know what i say f**k the mothers the game has been brilliant for 100 years kids will still want to play the game. Most parents who wouldn't let there kids play league clearly have bugger all knowledge of the game they aren't going to get hurt.Once kids become teenagers they would prefer to play league because it's a tougher game they won't care what there mothers say.

Really the media doesen't help you could of swore Craig Wing died last week. It was an unfortunate incident but they don't happen often and are quite rare it was bad luck 99 times out of 100 a hit like that wouldn't sustain any injuries. Plus all this sh*t about prawlers and other names like that are just bollox really.

We keep changing the rules constantly like the obstruction rule god knows what it is now. We keep trying to tamper with a product which at its best is almost unbeatable but the game over the past 3 years has gotten worse i think. Video Ref's take an obscene amount of time to award even the most obvious tries completely kills the game. Now they are ruling on basically everything. Really im worried where the game is going when you have referee's penalising players for being too aggressive i mean what the f**k is that about ?.

Really if this sh*t keeps going people are going to become disillusioned with the game they grew up with and loved. Really all these media beat up's and constant tinkering with the laws of the game have to stop really.

This Year?

Immortal
Shouldn't have even been a penalty.... I think the ref only put it on report so that Anasta could be replaced because it was a freakish accident.

Razor

Coach
Brycey said:
Who the hell are you?

I didnt know I had someone speak on my behalf, most persons with half a football brain know that accidents happen, it was an accident, yes it was unfortunate, a penalty was sufficient, end of story.

Obviously you don't know the rules

There are 3 levels of high tackles. Only 1 of them is "intentional".

Reckless and Careless are the 2 levels for accidental high tackles.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
If players want to shoulder charge they have to be responsible for getting wrong. The stop frame footage in this morning's paper shows Anasta was not as low to the ground as the video footage suggests.

He deseves 200 demerit points. (2 weeks) Less early plea & good record if he has one will probably bring the suspension down to 1.

Latest posts