What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt - How many weeks?

How many weeks for Hunt?

• Total voters

emil1989

Juniors
u can see that anasta slipped pretty clearly..his on his knee

i was at the game and thought it shuldnt have gotten penalised but because his shnoz was bleeding it was given.. it kinda reminded me of hunts international debut except that was worse..

channel 9 kept showing the worse possible angle of the incident and made it look like an elbow but looking at this angle it wasnt that bad..this picture just posted could get hunt out of trouble..the other angle shown on the screen or tv made it look terrible and it was the same angle that the ref saw on the big screen to penalise it

Red Bear

Referee
the thing is hunt ran in not looking leading with a shoulder. Sure he meant to hit him in the chest but he smacked him in the nose, which can happen when you arent looking. Hence careless high tackle charge

Moffo

Referee
so if someone slips, its ok to do anything to them, at a time when they are arguably in a more dangerous position anyway?

just working through the logic of some people on this forum....

Shorty

Staff member
Should be zero,but let's face it - It wasn't a good look,it'll be a week or so.

Razor

Coach
so if someone slips, its ok to do anything to them, at a time when they are arguably in a more dangerous position anyway?

It's clear many people don't know the rules.

Whether it should be illegal or not is irelevant. Other players in the past have been charged and suspened for tackling players high after the tackled player has fallen/slipped. This should be no different. If it was Anasta tackling Hunt you can bet the Broncos would be having a big-time cry. There is a reason they call them the Baby Broncos. They never stop crying.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Razor said:

Whether it should be illegal or not is irelevant. Other players in the past have been charged and suspened for tackling players high after the tackled player has fallen/slipped. This should be no different. If it was Anasta tackling Hunt you can bet the Broncos would be having a big-time cry. There is a reason they call them the Baby Broncos. They never stop crying.

Said by someone having a cry..

Should we call you baby razor then?

miccle

Bench
Razor said:

Funny how 99% of Roosters fans are straight out saying that it was an unfortunate accident, and its only merkins like yourself who wait for any opportunity to jump on the Broncos and death-ride them.

On the issue of Razor complaining about people crying and whinging? :lol:

"Hey Pot, it's the Kettle, you are so, so, so, so, so, so black!"

Y2Eel

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
He should get 1-2 weeks. Anasta was falling, but it's still the defenders responsibility not to take this head off.

Yeah agree 100% SBW was sent of last year for coming in contact with Johns head...

_Johnsy

Referee
melon.... said:
Why is every idiot on these forums so one eyed? You wanted Riley Brown rubbed out for a legal hit yet "Paging Mike" should get none for an illegal hit where a precendent was already set with Morley? He'll get 2 weeks.

:lol: :lol: No-one wanted him rubbed out you inbred latte infused princess. Many were saying it was a dog act, a cheap shot, thats it. No-one wnated him rubbed out, I love it, the shoe is on the other foot and your whingeing like the prima dona you are.:lol: :lol: :lol:

JB

Juniors
Going by previous tackles where people have been suspended for coming into contact with the head regardless of wether the player was slipping or intent, then yes, maybe 1 - 2 weeks.

I'm even reconsidering my stance on shoulder charges based on recent events. I love the SBW type hits and dont want to see the game go soft, but there seems to be too great a margin for error in these type's of tackles. I doubt we'd see the injuries Anasta and Wing picked up if arms we're used in the tackle.

Patorick

Staff member
Big Pete said:
26509867ic4.jpg

Since when was the bicep an elbow?

I'm changing it to two weeks based on this photo. still high, still reckless and careless.

Brycey

Juniors
None, it was accidental...its apart of footy, injuries happen.

Go ask Jason 'this porridge is too hot' Taylor.

Not high, not careless, not reckless...Anasta was falling and he copped it in the nose because of the fact that he was falling.

If cutie walks for a few weeks on this then he is unlucky...

JB

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
Not high, not careless, not reckless...Anasta was falling and he copped it in the nose because of the fact that he was falling.

If cutie walks for a few weeks on this then he is unlucky...

It was high due to where contact was made, regardless of Anasta slipping or not. Player could be lying on the ground, if you make contact with the head it's still deemed high.

Reckless, careless? I dont think so.

Does he deserve to go? I'd be just as happy to see him escape any suspension, but i bet the likes of Morley, SBW and a few others would be scratching their heads if he did.

Latest posts