What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt tears hamstring - FoxSports News

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Drew-Sta said:
To be honest, I don't think it matters who you win or lose against, provided you beat enough teams to make it to the GF.

Newcastle '01, Penrith '04 and Brisbane '06 both showed that it's the best team on GF day, not necessarily the best/most feared team all comp.

Granted, you have to get to the GF in order to win it, but I think you see the point I'm trying to make. As long as you get to the GF and win, who you get beaten by during the year doesn't mean a whole lot.
Fair enough, but this game will show us if we are still the same big game choker's or if under Hagan we have turned the corner. And i still think if we can't beat an understrength Bronc's we have no hope against the Storm or Eagle's.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
philstorm said:
Just reported on Fox Sports news, most likely out for 3 weeks they suggest.

Honestly, how unlucky with injuries are Brisbane?

The quality of player Brisbane has lost is their biggest concern. Titans, Knights and Dragons have copped it worse as far as quantity of injuries go. Couldn't have come at a worse time though. They need Hunt there to rebuild combinations without Lockyer.

Broncos are going to have to keep the gameplan simple and play boring football until Hunt and Hodges are back IMO. Grind out the metres, kick long and defend until they can't stand any more. Anything else and they're going to start sliding down that ladder.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
Fair enough, but this game will show us if we are still the same big game choker's or if under Hagan we have turned the corner. And i still think if we can't beat an understrength Bronc's we have no hope against the Storm or Eagle's.

Fair call.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Brisbane will throw it round and play an expansive style. Watch for their forwards to offload a lot and for the backs to try and keep it alive. This will gain them ground and get the defensive line broken up. Players like Hunt and Hodges, Ennis and Berrigan can then make enough tries happen to win games. They have a forward pack capable of offloading. Their defence and forward will be the base on which they build this expansive style. The blueprint is the Newcastle game where lockyer went off, a lot of young guys shows skills we haven't seen in more structured play. Brisbane are still very very dangerous.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Kid Dynamite said:
Brisbane will throw it round and play an expansive style. Watch for their forwards to offload a lot and for the backs to try and keep it alive. This will gain them ground and get the defensive line broken up. Players like Hunt and Hodges, Ennis and Berrigan can then make enough tries happen to win games. They have a forward pack capable of offloading. Their defence and forward will be the base on which they build this expansive style. The blueprint is the Newcastle game where lockyer went off, a lot of young guys shows skills we haven't seen in more structured play. Brisbane are still very very dangerous.

Except Hunt and Hodges are not playing :crazy:

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
I'm talking about their gameplan for the rest of the season. Hodges is back next week and Hunt could be back anytime. Regardless they'll still chuck it round and surprise everyone.

Charlie124

First Grade
Kid Dynamite said:
I'm talking about their gameplan for the rest of the season. Hodges is back next week and Hunt could be back anytime. Regardless they'll still chuck it round and surprise everyone.

um... he got injured like 10 hours ago, its a little soon to say he could be back at any time isnt it?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Charlie124 said:
um... he got injured like 10 hours ago, its a little soon to say he could be back at any time isnt it?

Muppets have no concept of time.

Ghoulies

Bench
aqua_duck said:
Damn, i really wanted to see how imposter hunt would do without lockyer holding his hand
With brains like you and dazza backing him to fail, he'd no doubt have succeeded.

Big Pete

Referee
If any team loses their top three attacking (arguably 4) players, they are going to struggle, especially when it's weeks out from the finals.

To be honest, we havn't had a bad run of injuries since 2005 towards where we slumped so I honestly don't feel the need to have any sympathy because as it's already been posted, Newcastle and St. George always have to deal with these kind of injuries.

That's Rugby League I suppose, best just to look on the brightside of things.

Ice777

Bench
Kid Dynamite said:

They think Hunt suffered a serious hamstring tear so if that's the case then don't expect him back for about 4 weeks.

miccle

Bench
Jobdog said:
:lol:! Brisbane unlucky with injuries? What about the Dragons and Knights?

:lol: !

There are clubs with longer injury tolls, but I still reckon ours is the worst.

I believe eight Broncos have represented Australia in the past year.

Five of those are currently out with injury.

Shorty

Staff member
I don't think the difference is representative careers miccle,the club still feels the same loss.
Must say though the timing of this is probably the worst out of any teams.

miccle

Bench
Shorty said:
I don't think the difference is representative careers miccle,the club still feels the same loss.
Must say though the timing of this is probably the worst out of any teams.

TBH, I'd prefer to lose eight bench and reserve grade players to injury over the Qld and Australian five-eighth and captain, the best centre in the game along with our first choice and rep fullback, winger and a test standard forward.

But hey, that's just me :roll:

Shorty

Staff member
Because other teams are so much better off losing players in those positions even if they aren't representative players.