What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt to AFL???!?!!

Thomas

First Grade
As soon as there's a cross-code issue to discuss you'll find Thomas in here almost instantly sticking it up rugby league fans.

Whether it's his first love RU or his other preference over RL, AFL.

Keeping the bastards honest is obviously his slogan.

Suck my salty left nut. :D

Am I wrong?

Brutus

Referee
Suck my salty left nut. :D

Am I wrong?

Oh the comedian in you :lol:

Just admit it you'd love nothing more than to see RL vanish.

But if that floats your boat then good luck to you.

You're definitely more subtle than most of them. ;-)

Brutus

Referee
In other news Jimmy Barnes of the QLD Dreds has left the sinking ship to play for the Tards next year. He will represent his new state with pride apparently.

Kiki

First Grade
HAHAHAHAH

this is one of the saddest things i've ever read. for Hunt and the AFL. how very rugby union of them.

Thomas

First Grade
Oh the comedian in you :lol:

Just admit it you'd love nothing more than to see RL vanish.

But if that floats your boat then good luck to you.

You're definitely more subtle than most of them. ;-)

Naw...I was initially pissed that the 1.2M he was offered wasn't good enough.

400K a season is more than you're worth Karmichael...

It doesn't bother me when players leave teams/codes. It's their choice.

Now what the f**k did you say about Barnes (f**ksh*tmerkin!!!!)

Coaster

Bench
I think the AFL have shot themselves in the foot.

They must believe this will attract RL supporters and in my case it is exactly the opposite. There credibility just smashed into 0, if a half kiwi inbred can walk into there sport with little to no background, it shows me how little skill is involved in the game.

Hunt should f*ck off now, and should be shunned from the whole RL community, to go to Union for the cash is one thing, to be used as a vessel to try and hurt the game itself for no other reason then his own self interests is pitiful and disgusting, and the scumbag should do himself a favor and go to Melbourne, because if i see the weak pr*ck on the street i will spit in his face.

Kiki

First Grade
agree with you 100% Coaster.

except i probs wont spit in his face..haha. but yeh i agree with your sentiment.

Slackboy72

Coach
This is purely hypothetical but what if cutie is a success at AFL?
What does this mean for Rugby League?

I know fans of both codes have been lamenting the demise of the footballer and the rise of the athlete and for me the portability across codes is the ultimate sign that this could be ultimately true.

Does this open up a whole new wealth of talent across the board for both codes? Does it affect the salary cap?

Tex_21

Juniors
Valid question-I know in AR, I'm sick of seeing good, intelligent footballers get passed up in favour of 'athletes'. I don't think there will be a lot of cross-code switching at the highest level, purely because it would not be possible to sufficiently learn a game across one pre-season. Hunt is in a different situation, as he has a year to learn the game (again-he played as a junior remember), and re-adjust, before playing at AFL level. It would be possible for probably a handful of players from both codes to make the switch, if it was made early enough, or enough time was taken-but this won't happen, as clubs won't want 'dead weight' on their list for 12 months

Thomas

First Grade
How many 'aaaaaaaaaahs' were there?

About as many as you hear at 1/4 time at the MCG boggers?