What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Bazal

Post Whore
How good is the old batsman getting hit by a ball that spits off a length, so he spends about two mins hammering the spot with his bat and, if it does anything, only creates a bit of a divot that ensures the ball will misbehave even more.

I reckon I'd get out to Soumya more often than the other bowlers. Though perhaps not at gully.....probably deep mid-wicket. When I played (very) Minor League cricket in England I met up once with the opposing team's fast bowler on the Friday night before what was apparently an annual grudge match, and we agreed that we were going to try to kill each other. In the end I broke his foot and he hit me on the ear....in the mean time some dibbly-dobblers took 14 wickets.

Bazal

Post Whore
I reckon I'd get out to Soumya more often than the other bowlers. Though perhaps not at gully.....probably deep mid-wicket. When I played (very) Minor League cricket in England I met up once with the opposing team's fast bowler on the Friday night before what was apparently an annual grudge match, and we agreed that we were going to try to kill each other. In the end I broke his foot and he hit me on the ear....in the mean time some dibbly-dobblers took 14 wickets.

Dropping the old "I played in England" is Alpha.

I'd hole out to long off, no doubt. But the point stands.

Bazal

Post Whore
It was coz I lived there.

No, see, you don't tell people that. You tell people that whatever middling village side you played for brought you over as an import.

And if it was a better level than that, you definitely talk up how they brought you over. And you drop the words "overseas pro" a lot.

No, see, you don't tell people that. You tell people that whatever middling village side you played for brought you over as an import.

And if it was a better level than that, you definitely talk up how they brought you over. And you drop the words "overseas pro" a lot.

That's true. Though, when drunk and talking shit, I tend to revert to stories about my clashes with Gilly (he hit me for several sixes, but I did eventually get him out) and Mr Holdsworth who just repeatedly injured me in the nets.