What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think you're being a bit harsh on Boland. He absolutely did his job. But yeh, Green is very interesting. Just don't want to wreck him at the age of 22.

sorry, just don't see what he offers other than line and length, on a pitch like this I think he could have done more, even the soap dodgers have the ball doing heaps

I think Aussies are all over the Cam Green situation, he gets used very sparingly

84 Baby

Referee
There’s that typical British hospitality. Aussies didn’t get enough time for a decent lunch so Root puts Leach on to serve them up some pies

sorry, just don't see what he offers other than line and length, on a pitch like this I think he could have done more, even the soap dodgers have the ball doing heaps

I think Aussies are all over the Cam Green situation, he gets used very sparingly
He gets plenty of movement off the seam, particularly with his wobble-seam ball. And has a very good and very consistent first class record (particularly given that half of his games have been in Melbourne). He probably won't play another test, be he deserved his go here.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon hes gone ok but I cant see why either of the fill ins from the previous test didnt get another run. Have I missed something?

a lot of talk that they both pulled up sore but nothing has been confirmed by CA
Workload Management as nowadays Test Cricketers rarely if ever play 1st Class Cricket and thus don't learn how to manage the wear and tear that occurs when bowling/ batting and fielding day in and day out during a season.

When was the last time many of the Aussie Cricketers played Sheffield Shield/ Domestic Cricket of any type of even grade Cricket notwithstanding Covid.

I think I heard correctly that the English Test Players don't even play County Cricket anymore or hardly play it. - kept in cotton wool - except the ones that go off and play in various T-20 tournaments around the world - IPL for an example - they are not too tired to play in these though.

I remember the days of Ashes Tours when there was 2 weeks between each test - be a 3 day and a 4 day game during those 2 weeks- 3 month or so tours.

Eelogical

Referee
A great day of Test cricket! May it reign supreme so that the more intelligent of the generations to come can appreciate the finer version of the game. But, now that the slap and tickle is on I'm sure the purists will pull out their stable tables, grab a KFC meal deal courtesy of ubereats while slobbering over the pre-packaged 'to go' version. On another note, I had my first Bentspoke (crankshaft) this afternoon. It was enough to make me crash my lime scooter.
No bueno.

84 Baby

Referee

Good one, Parraboy

strider

Post Whore
whilst if Cummins have of claimed those same wickets as part of his tally he'd be even more of a "f**king champion"

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm obviously not trying to put Cummins down .... I think he is great

yeh, I get that, he is in some fine form atm

Boland removed an opener who averages 29 and a nightwatchman and on that pitch it's no real achievement imo