What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Avenger

Immortal
Cricket is dying. It’s so shit now. Besides the Ashes Tests nobody really gives a f**k about this decaying sport.

BTW T20 I don’t count as cricket.

Avenger

Immortal
Nobody ?

More like you don't, but I wouldn't say, everybody
Crowds are down, the 50 over format is on its last legs and even test cricket is lopsided because once powerful nations like the West Indies and South Africa are losing their young talent to other sports.

When I was a kid I adored the sport, now I think I represent the majority. All my friends are the same. Kids don’t even play on the street, backyard and parks as much as they used to.

It’s sad.

Noise

Coach
Crowds are down, the 50 over format is on its last legs and even test cricket is lopsided because once powerful nations like the West Indies and South Africa are losing their young talent to other sports.

When I was a kid I adored the sport, now I think I represent the majority. All my friends are the same. Kids don’t even play on the street, backyard and parks as much as they used to.

It’s sad.
I only watch test matches now. And even they are becoming a bit shit with so many terrible test nations. I can’t stand 20/20 or 50 over games. Once test match cricket dies I will stop watching all together. 20/20 was introduced to boost cricket but it’s actually killing the only meaningful cricket there is.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

It’s sad.

yeh, the Saffas and Windies were very disappointing so it's been a pretty poor summer test match wise

Looking forward to India and the Ashes, we will probably get plenty of opposition in those 2 series.

The organizers are realizing they are making good money out of white ball cricket for less work, and that is given way too much air time and f**ked up test match schedules, hence we see this 2 and 3 test match series.

Avenger

Immortal
One thing is for sure and it’s the wrong thread to discuss it but Rugby League and the AFL are the two dominant sports in this country with soccer now overtaking Union at the National level.

Incorrect

Coach
I only watch test matches now. And even they are becoming a bit shit with so many terrible test nations. I can’t stand 20/20 or 50 over games. Once test match cricket dies I will stop watching all together. 20/20 was introduced to boost cricket but it’s actually killing the only meaningful cricket there is.
100%

The ICC should be topping up central contracts for those nations whose boards can't afford to pay what the likes of the Australian, English and the Indian boards pay their Test stars. They don't need to match the exorbitant amounts that AU, English and Indian stars get but they do need to make it a viable, comfortable and attractive option otherwise the glut of players abandoning Test cricket to take part in T20 leagues will worsen the problem. Same with the Kolpak issue for Saffa players taking up ECB contracts in the UK and relinquishing the chance to play for their country. But alas, the ICC I suspect are no different to the likes of the IOC, FIFA and UEFA where the execs are only interested in feathering their own nests...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
f**k me our selectors are on drugs

so we replace an injured Green with a guy who has tested positive for Covid, which is generally when they get ruled out. But he says he's OK, well f**k me who doesn't want to play test cricket for Oz, of course he'd say he's OK, he could be crook as Rookwood in a few days.

Then we replace Boland with a batter and part time spinner who cant spin the ball.

Where is the logic ?