What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I f*cking hate pink jerseys

GAZF

First Grade
But how do you approach it, do we have a cause for each round ? The reason the NRL raise awareness for breast cancer is because it ties in the WIL round.

As I said, my preference is for teams to not compromise their identity. A one-off major sponsorship would work well. Outside of my own preferences, their shouldn't even be dedicated rounds to a cause since it severely narrows the number of causes a club can support. Each team should have a single home game to promote the awareness of a cause (1 team to a cause/1 cause to a team), not being fixed to a particular round. These causes can be for any issue - health, indigenous, social, as long as it isn't a commercial or (specifically) political agenda.

rlforever

Juniors
So it's Women In League round. Is the the best we can do plonk on a pink jumper? What does that do for Women? It's like women honouring men by wearing a strap on.

And dont give me that marketing crap. Who would buy a pink jersey ffs?

I'm sure there are better things clubs could do - such as honouring women who go great work for their club, in the community etc. Players walking out with an honoured woman like sometimes players walk out with kids would be better.

Brisbane wont be the only club doing it, or have ever done it. My club have issued a pink Eels logo. F*cking abysmal and does nothing by belittle the sentiment behind the idea.

This post proves what a complete and utter f**kwit you are.

Disgraceful merkin

As I said, my preference is for teams to not compromise their identity. A one-off major sponsorship would work well. Outside of my own preferences, their shouldn't even be dedicated rounds to a cause since it severely narrows the number of causes a club can support. Each team should have a single home game to promote the awareness of a cause (1 team to a cause/1 cause to a team), not being fixed to a particular round. These causes can be for any issue - health, indigenous, social, as long as it isn't a commercial or (specifically) political agenda.

Maybe each team could adopt a cause and promote it where deemed fit, the Bulldogs had adopted Camp quality; we have their Logo on our shorts; the players make regular visits to kids and I think we play a dedicated game for the cause.

I still like the WIL round though, its paying homage to all women who are involved in the game from grassroots all the way up to the independent commission(theres a woman on there right?).

Loudstrat

Coach
Because you're having a cry about raising awareness for a cause, you also come off as a bitter old person with nearly every post.

You kind of give off a Ray Hadley vibe.

This post proves what a complete and utter f**kwit you are.

Disgraceful merkin
If that is your attitude to my suggestion that League do better, all I can say is God help the women in your care. If you have any.

you're criticising their marketing ploy of pink representing women's causes

what would you suggest they do to further the cause rather than promoting pink ?
We do more for Anzac Day. Clubs also change their jerseys to reflect the focus of the day, but the military - past and present - are honoured at each ground. Wasnt it the case that returned servicemen got entry to the Anzac Day game for free, or a reduced fee? Wasnt our latest VC honoured?

I also recall that everyone panned the Manly jumper...........

What else could be done? Recognising the women who go above and beyond for RL on match day for starters. Extending the charity thing beyond Breast Cancer for starters, what about White Ribbon day? Promoting a non violent approach to women? The Macksville club feature in an ad up here, with all the players (mainly indigenous) standing up against violence against women - brilliant message.

We can do more than just wear pink and throw some money at one charity and pretend we are working miracles.

In response to the Coffs Harbour scandal, the NRL employed a high ranging female involved in mistreatment of women to engineer programs to train players in responsible behaviour and attitudes. When the Matt Johns Cronulla scandal broke, she was a staunch defender of the NRL when the predictable attacks came.

How about recognising mothers who do it tough for their boys, the way Willie Mason and Mark Geyer have publicly - or when Jarryd Hayne took his mum to the Dally M's rather than make it a "trophy wife" show like AFL and Cricket? We only heard of the deeds of Matt Scotts mum after she died.

We can do so much better than the patronising attitude we take now.

Because a test match goes for five days. Day three is dedicated Jane McGrath Day. Next question?
Why did the bloke I replied to call it Glenn Magrath Day?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think the pink jerseys look crap as well, but it is for a good cause.

The one thing I can't understand, is why they don't promote women PLAYING Rugby League more. If it's the 'women in league' round, why don't they talk more about the womens competition?
Just for this week mAybe they should have some women's matches played as leadin to the NRL game.
I've seen plenty of talk in the media this week about the Womens State of Origin at Centrebet Stadium this afternoon, kicking off at 3:00pm.
I don't care. The jerseys themselves add nothing. Give the cause the same amount of media coverage, exposure, promotion, whatever. It's all good, except pink jerseys. They are f**king terrible on the players.

EDIT It's bad enough that the refs run around in pink every week.
You and a lot of others have absolutely no understanding then, particularly Loudstrat.

The pink jerseys for all 7 clubs wearing them over the next fortnight are then put up for auction by each club. Dragons from memory give proceeds to the Joanne Mackay Foundation, Tigers to the Concord Cancer Centre, and so on.

The colour of jerseys aside, this week is important as it's pretty obvious the Rugby League community has a problem with women - this forum included. Take for example, how some posters here reply to the user "broncomum"
:lol:

just a quick sample i was able to dig up in a few minutes. These are direct replies to quotes from Broncomum. I also note that her last activity was on the 13th of this month, just after the latest round of abuse.

Oh this is utterly CLASSIC.

Broncomum is addressed this way because she carries on like a f**king lunatic - being a woman has NOTHING to do with it. Why don't you go through her posts and see how she talks to these people for those sorts of responses to be shot back at her?

Jesus christ. NRL fans have without doubt the largest population of whinging little b*tches I've ever seen.

It's one f*cking round.

Noone gives a sh*t what you think about them because they aren't marketed to you.

They sell amazingly well and do an enormous job of spreading the message.

I'd swear some of you are mentally challenged.
:clap:
We're so aware of breast cancer that other causes are losing awareness. Pinkwashing is a worldwide fad at the moment like how AIDS red ribbons were 15-20 years ago.

Breast cancer isn't the only affliction that affects women. Why doesn't a team grow some balls and wear an all white jersey for violence against women, or postnatal depression, or HPV? Not just something that happens to sell well.

Personally, I'd rather not see playing jerseys change for any cause unless its a one game major sponsorship or logo patch.

While I agree on the playing strips thing, only one change per year max outside the Main & Clash strips... the rest of your post shows how little you seem to know about the game. Various clubs hold fundraising and raise awareness for any range of causes. Most of the Bulldogs' home games are for some sort of cup these days (beyondblue v Knights - depression, Bandaged Bear Cup v Eels - Westmead Childrens) and so on...

To me, wearing pink is like all those people on Fsacebook who click "like" on a post about child poverty - it does absolutely nothing to solve the problem.
Clueless moron. They're there to raise money for Breast Cancer. Completely missed the point.

Wearing a pink jumper does none of that - although if the jumpers sell then there is (hopefully) money for charity. And if that is the point - call it what it is - Breast Cancer In Women Round.
It's an opportunity to do both, is that too much for your brain to reconcile? Recognise the role of women in rugby league (haven't caught the news and seen how many events have been held this week?)
Breast cancer affects men too. That is being ignored. Its "Women in League round", and I am yet to see any club publicly acknowledge any Women In League. But they have taken a marketing approach to sell jerseys - and made no commitment to supply any charity pith any percentage that I am aware of.
Hot idea - actually research the topic you're going cuckoo about before commenting on it.

VISIT the club websites, see which ones are supporting which charity, head to NRL.com, check the WiL link and see what's ACTUALLY being done.

BTW, I am a white ribbon day ambassador in my workplace. White Ribbon Day would be a great theme in the NRL. In comparison, the pink-breast cancer link merely means the NRL is celebrating women by focussing on their tits.
There have been plenty of different causes, not just Women in League Round...

GAZF

First Grade
While I agree on the playing strips thing, only one change per year max outside the Main & Clash strips... the rest of your post shows how little you seem to know about the game. Various clubs hold fundraising and raise awareness for any range of causes. Most of the Bulldogs' home games are for some sort of cup these days (beyondblue v Knights - depression, Bandaged Bear Cup v Eels - Westmead Childrens) and so on...

I never said that clubs didn't promote other causes, I said that one charity gets the most exposure with basically every team having a pink jersey. Why not promote these other causes on a NATIONAL scale for a change? Oh I know why, they aren't as marketable.

Lambretta

First Grade
I never said that clubs didn't promote other causes, I said that one charity gets the most exposure with basically every team having a pink jersey. Why not promote these other causes on a NATIONAL scale for a change? Oh I know why, they aren't as marketable.

You mean like Anzac Day (Returned Services) and the Indigenous round?

Yes, the league should get behind initiatives like that instead.

drake

First Grade
f**k me, if this thread isn't a classic example of 1st world problems, I don't know what is.

MightyBronco

Juniors
Oh this is utterly CLASSIC.

Broncomum is addressed this way because she carries on like a f**king lunatic - being a woman has NOTHING to do with it. Why don't you go through her posts and see how she talks to these people for those sorts of responses to be shot back at her?

Sure have, i went through a bunch of her posts last night. And have not seen ANYTHING on par with the "seat pisser" abuse, or anything even closely on par with pearlers like this:

Skankomum you do know the V is for sex and the A is for pooping don't you?
Seat pisser.

And the "seat pisser" insults are only used on her, because her username indicates she is a female. No other QLD fan gets that tag. She is targeted with that term because she is female, and she supports the broncos and QLD.

Straight out sexism, and indicative of the way League fans find it acceptable to treat the women of other teams that they dont support.

lol@"she is an idiot" defense for sexist abuse.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
The pink jerseys for all 7 clubs wearing them over the next fortnight are then put up for auction by each club. Dragons from memory give proceeds to the Joanne Mackay Foundation, Tigers to the Concord Cancer Centre, and so on.
None of the media I have seen has mentioned this. Thank you for divulging - even if it is from memory.

Still doesnt address my original point - which is to say we can do more than wear pink jerseys - or even feed charities funding disease research. That's the easy bit.

Clueless moron. They're there to raise money for Breast Cancer. Completely missed the point.
:lol: How many times was that mentioned in the telecast last night?

As I said (and have been repeating ad nauseum for clueless idiots like you), we can do more than just throw money at a charity. We can do that AND publicly recognise women in so many ways - and focus on other issues than just the trendy ones.

It's an opportunity to do both, is that too much for your brain to reconcile? Recognise the role of women in rugby league (haven't caught the news and seen how many events have been held this week?)
Yes - cant remember much listed on NBN or ABC radio, or the SMH for that matter.

The only things I have seen related to recognising women's role this week has only been because 2 high profile players sadly lost their mothers.

Hot idea - actually research the topic you're going cuckoo about before commenting on it.

VISIT the club websites, see which ones are supporting which charity, head to NRL.com, check the WiL link and see what's ACTUALLY being done.
Something a post whore does before each post?

How about the bit about pink jerseys being f*cking awful? What websites should I consult before I decide which colours to like you clueless twat?

There have been plenty of different causes, not just Women in League Round...
Thank you Captain Obvious.........................ffs!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I really don't think a thread dedicated to pink jerseys is really worthwhile tbh. They're pink jerseys ffs, get over it.

Loudstrat

Coach
Sure have, i went through a bunch of her posts last night. And have not seen ANYTHING on par with the "seat pisser" abuse, or anything even closely on par with pearlers like this

And the "seat pisser" insults are only used on her, because her username indicates she is a female. No other QLD fan gets that tag. She is targeted with that term because she is female, and she supports the broncos and QLD.

Straight out sexism, and indicative of the way League fans find it acceptable to treat the women of other teams that they dont support.

lol@"she is an idiot" defense for sexist abuse.
She is a troll, end of story. It would be sexist not to treat her as a troll.

You dont attack everyone for the stick that Bunniesman cops for being gay.

Exactly.

White Ribbon Day - and the example I gave of the Macksville Sea Eagles tackling domestic violence.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/06/10/3240993.htm?site=midnorthcoast

Macksville Sea Eagles tackle domestic violence

A statewide campaign to tackle domestic violence will be kicked off by the Macksville Sea Eagles this weekend.

Former Australian Test player David Peachey will join the Macksville Sea Eagles to promote the message that domestic violence has no place in the Nambucca Valley.

David is an ambassador for the Tackling Violence program and works with 17 regional teams on player education.

NSW Police Force is a Tackling Violence program partner.
The program includes club officials and players signing an anti-domestic violence code of conduct.

The Mid North Coast Local Area Commander Peter Thurtell says he's delighted the Macksville Sea Eagles have signed on to the program.

He says it's a great opportunity for men to be leaders in their community in tackling domestic violence.
[youtube]KVXx9DEfTfo[/youtube]

I'd love to see the NRL give that one a profile during Women In League week. But suggesting that makes one a lowlife merkin apparently.............

I still fail to see how wearing pink does anything to League fans who arent involved in charity auctions, or how it helps raise the profile of women without breast cancer.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
:lol: Saints version just looks like its faded anyway.

FTR I hated the abysmal blue that some clubs like ours have used when promoting stuff too.

Fire

First Grade
The Pink V looked OK this year because the collar was also pink. In previous years it looks bizarre having the red collar with the Pink V. In my opinion ALL of our red should be pink (including shorts and socks). Like you said it just looks like our jerseys have faded, so it's not too bad.

My 2c, only Panthers and Dragons can pull it off. The other teams just look plain terrible. Sell pink jerseys as merchandise but other teams just wear pink socks.

The 'Women in League' round is a great idea, no problem with it at all. But fair dinkum, some teams look shocking. Pink socks is the way to go.

Joely01

Bench
None of the media I have seen has mentioned this. Thank you for divulging - even if it is from memory.

Still doesnt address my original point - which is to say we can do more than wear pink jerseys - or even feed charities funding disease research. That's the easy bit.

:lol: How many times was that mentioned in the telecast last night?

As I said (and have been repeating ad nauseum for clueless idiots like you), we can do more than just throw money at a charity. We can do that AND publicly recognise women in so many ways - and focus on other issues than just the trendy ones.

Yes - cant remember much listed on NBN or ABC radio, or the SMH for that matter.

The only things I have seen related to recognising women's role this week has only been because 2 high profile players sadly lost their mothers.

Something a post whore does before each post?

How about the bit about pink jerseys being f*cking awful? What websites should I consult before I decide which colours to like you clueless twat?

Thank you Captain Obvious.........................ffs!

So you seem happy to heap sh*t onto the game saying what a poor job they are doing for this weekend (i personally think they are doing a great job). What would you do differently?

Regarding the media etc, the footy show had a few segments thurs night about this weekend, Beau Ryan made a nice speech regarding what the tigers are auctioning off, wearing etc. A few magazines have also been advertising games this weekend and the Pink Jerseys (i am a fan of the pink Jerseys) So just because you havent seen anything doesnt mean that the rest of the Rugby league world hasnt.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I don't know. Pink socks could be given to the previous years premiers or the team currently sitting #1 on the ladder, in a yellow jersey manner.

Could give red and green socks to the team comming last or previous year's wooden spoon winner.

Both worn rounds 2, through to GF;

or round 1 through GF if going the previous years positions.

Imagine holding up the premiership wearing red and green socks. Never seen that in my lifetime!

Last edited:

Joely01

Bench
I also never realised how people cared so much about what colour there team was wearing, all i want is my team to win, dont care what colour its in. The argument for the Jerseys look horrible and teams dont suit it is just funny.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I really don't think a thread dedicated to pink jerseys is really worthwhile tbh. They're pink jerseys ffs, get over it.

Just have a look at who started the thread.

A notorious idiot who has a hard time getting over most things.

I'm actually surprised loudwhinge seems a bit put off by the colour pink. I heard it was the colour of the dildo that seems to be permanently stuck up his arse.

Latest posts