What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I f*cking hate pink jerseys

Loudstrat

Coach
What would I do differently - already answered that.

Nice to know I am the only person in the Rugby League world that doesnt watch the Footy Show :crazy:

Besides, I am only heaping sh*t onto the abysmal jersey colour. Thanks for ignoring the links and mentions of everything else League does you f*cking dope!

GAZF

First Grade
You mean like Anzac Day (Returned Services) and the Indigenous round?

Yes, the league should get behind initiatives like that instead.

Way to twist my words around. Although ANZAC day is a tradition its also becoming a cash grab, as is with the Indigenous round. Would you care to address any of the other causes I mentioned or are you happy to hold onto your skewed opinion?

Fire

First Grade
I was spewin at the ANZAC game this year because the Black Hawk didn't deliver the trophy like usual.

Lambretta

First Grade
Way to twist my words around. Although ANZAC day is a tradition its also becoming a cash grab, as is with the Indigenous round. Would you care to address any of the other causes I mentioned or are you happy to hold onto your skewed opinion?

I was under the understanding that the women in league round serves two functions - to celebrate the input of women into the World of Rugby League and to raise funds / awareness for breast cancer.

A lot of other major football codes such as AFL, Football, NFL etc do the same. This is a GOOD thing.

Rugby League (and AFL) also have Indigenous rounds where issues in the Aboriginal community such as literacy and health are highlighted and funds are raised etc. No it's not on the same scale, but Breast Cancer awareness isn't the only cause we get behind as a code.

Should there be other rounds with funds raised for mental health and depression such as Movember? Possibly. The players get involved, but it's not an official function of the code.

I was merely highlighting that Women in League is not the only cause we as a code support nor is it a bad thing.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I think an 80's dedication round complete mullets and moustaches would be an excellent idea.

Joely01

Bench
What would I do differently - already answered that.

Nice to know I am the only person in the Rugby League world that doesnt watch the Footy Show :crazy:

Besides, I am only heaping sh*t onto the abysmal jersey colour. Thanks for ignoring the links and mentions of everything else League does you f*cking dope!

Im the dope.

You are trying everything you can to turn something positive that the game is doing into a negative and criticise every move they make. Instead of whingeing like an old man about everything they are doing, sit back and think "you know what, good start". Yes there can be things improved next year for this round but this week has a big tick from me.

GAZF

First Grade
I was under the understanding that the women in league round serves two functions - to celebrate the input of women into the World of Rugby League and to raise funds / awareness for breast cancer.

There's nothing wrong with a WiL round. However, there is far more than a single cause that affects women primarily. Unfortunately, these causes miss out because they aren't in vogue.

A lot of other major football codes such as AFL, Football, NFL etc do the same. This is a GOOD thing.

All of a sudden, its a fad.

Rugby League (and AFL) also have Indigenous rounds where issues in the Aboriginal community such as literacy and health are highlighted and funds are raised etc. No it's not on the same scale, but Breast Cancer awareness isn't the only cause we get behind as a code.

And you'll notice that players and officials are heavily engaged in these programs, you see where the money is going. All I see with WiL is Rebel Sport stocking up with new merch; the benefits are far less visible (happy to be proven wrong here).

Should there be other rounds with funds raised for mental health and depression such as Movember? Possibly. The players get involved, but it's not an official function of the code.

They may not be a function of the code but clubs can make a choice and should consider other causes that need the awareness and resources more than one that has reached saturation point worldwide. I'm not saying to not support breast cancer awareness, thats barbaric, I'd just like to see the efforts of clubs spread around more evenly.

Fire

First Grade
I would've loved to have been at the meeting when they were coming up with this idea.

NRL guy one: "So, I think it'd be a good idea to dedicate a Round to women. Thoughts everyone?"

NRL guy two: "Great idea. We could use the colour pink to promote it!"

...way to reinforce a stereotype NRL :lol:

Lambretta

First Grade
I'm not saying to not support breast cancer awareness, thats barbaric, I'd just like to see the efforts of clubs spread around more evenly.

Furry muff

I like Loudy's idea of brown kits for arse cancer awareness

Penrith got behind that cause for years by wearing brown and stinking of shit. Good on em.

Loudstrat

Coach
I don't know. Pink socks could be given to the previous years premiers or the team currently sitting #1 on the ladder, in a yellow jersey manner.

Could give red and green socks to the team comming last or previous year's wooden spoon winner.

Both worn rounds 2, through to GF;

or round 1 through GF if going the previous years positions.

Imagine holding up the premiership wearing red and green socks. Never seen that in my lifetime!
:lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
I would've loved to have been at the meeting when they were coming up with this idea.

NRL guy one: "So, I think it'd be a good idea to dedicate a Round to women. Thoughts everyone?"

NRL guy two: "Great idea. We could use the colour pink to promote it!"

...way to reinforce a stereotype NRL :lol:
:lol: So true. Wearing pink footy jumpers solves all women's issues obviously. Dunno what colour they would use for Gay Round though.

Lambretta, the brown jumpers could honour Toilet Cleaners round - we could auction them off and raise money for Fourex........

DC_fan

Coach
Which team is going to have the worst pink jumper this weekend?

Not sure who is in front so far, Brisbane or Nth Qld.

Lambretta

First Grade
:lol: So true. Wearing pink footy jumpers solves all women's issues obviously. Dunno what colour they would use for Gay Round though.

Lambretta, the brown jumpers could honour Toilet Cleaners round - we could auction them off and raise money for Fourex........

and the gay round jersey is......

MNDA_shirt.jpg

(actually that is Motor Neurone disease fund raising effort by the Warrington Wolves - but it could be used as a rainbow kit - it certainly doesn't lack complete gayness)

Lambretta

First Grade
Which team is going to have the worst pink jumper this weekend?

Not sure who is in front so far, Brisbane or Nth Qld.

675486-stade-de-france-pink-flush.jpg

Gasnier holds the all time record - and he didn't raise any money to save the boobies either the selfish f**king mug.

Eels Dude

Coach
Agreed that he has taken it on in an aggressive fashion but he isn't a dickhead for questioning the motives of the clubs/NRL. I'm sure that the heart foundation, camp quality, red cross, cerebral palsy alliance (I didn't realise they'd changed their name from the unfortunate "spastic centre"), Ronald McDonald House etc... would love to see a fraction of the attention that breast cancer awareness has had of late. The amount of attention is completely disproportionate even to the high % of population that it effects.

The Raiders wore a blue brain injury jersey in 2010, a commendable effort to raise awareness of a foundation with relatively little exposure. I guess they didn't sell too well because in 2011 they joined the pink bandwagon.

I agree other charities should get more attention too.

My mother is a breast cancer survivor and made a gesture of goodwill by offering a donation last year Breast Cancer Foundation last year. She was pissed off last week because ever since she did that she's been bombarded with endless junk mail from them, the Glenn McGrath foundation among several other breast cancer charities on a weekly basis asking her to donate or buy this, this or this. She won't donate again, and this is from a survivor of the illness

I'm happy and do donate to charity but only to those organizations that don't ram it down your throat.

Latest posts