What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I f*cking hate pink jerseys

Shorty

Staff member
LOL Oh man, right after you go and attempt to belittle me you make a complete d*ck of yourself and I didn't even have to try.
LS - You really are a joke.

I'm a bit perplexed as to how in my post I've appeared neanderthal and chauvinistic?
I've simply stated what is true and that it is well marketted (have you actually seen how many jerseys sell d*ckwad?) and unique.

Last edited:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Pink is okay.

How come every time we hear about the great role women play in RL we're told they're the canteen ladies and jersey washes? C'mon, women play a greater role than that.

I must be going soft in the head agreeing with you, but that line used by the commentators is condescending at best.

In terms of the jerseys, it is a bit much, and the same message could be made by wearing pink socks.

gronkathon

First Grade
So it's Women In League round. Is the the best we can do plonk on a pink jumper? What does that do for Women? It's like women honouring men by wearing a strap on.

And dont give me that marketing crap. Who would buy a pink jersey ffs?

I'm sure there are better things clubs could do - such as honouring women who go great work for their club, in the community etc. Players walking out with an honoured woman like sometimes players walk out with kids would be better.

Brisbane wont be the only club doing it, or have ever done it. My club have issued a pink Eels logo. F*cking abysmal and does nothing by belittle the sentiment behind the idea.

I just spoke to a Pink 2010 Wests Tigers jersey and it hates you too.

Stinkler

Juniors
Seriously, the pink jerseys are starting to look a bit dodgy.

Put pink numbers on the back, change the NRL logo to pink, and put a pink ribbon on the sleeve.

Also, put "Women in League" Round on a weekend where no team has a BYE!!!!
Better still, have it go for 2 weeks, and have each team have a home game where they celebrate the contributions of women to Rugby League.

Aragorn

First Grade
Any female posters in this forum like to commemt? or, is this 100% pretty in pink male forum?

Shorty

Staff member
that is a horribly inaccurate comparison.
It really is:lol:
Seriously, the pink jerseys are starting to look a bit dodgy.

Put pink numbers on the back, change the NRL logo to pink, and put a pink ribbon on the sleeve.

Also, put "Women in League" Round on a weekend where no team has a BYE!!!!
Better still, have it go for 2 weeks, and have each team have a home game where they celebrate the contributions of women to Rugby League.
Now this is a decent contribution.
Agree with all of this.
Any female posters in this forum like to commemt? or, is this 100% pretty in pink male forum?
It's just annoying with a lot complaining about how it looks, that's they're opinion but it's irrelevant because it isn't about them.
It's about a cause.

It's extremely effective, it's unique and the jerseys actually do quite well.
There could be more done, but I don't understand why people complain about such an effective concept.

In terms of actual women in League, more needs to be done behind the scenes - Women touch judges, trainers, reporters, representatives that sort of thing needs to change more.
Women aren't all footy mums and canteen ladies, that's embarrassing to promote in this day and age.
I agree with the cause but the promotion needs to show more modern roles.

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Seriously it's not that complicated.

Teams should be wearing their 'main' jersey for at least 16 games a season.

For the remaining 6 games (max) they should wear either a 'clash' jersey or a 'special' jersey.

The clash jersey should obviously counter the main jersey (light v dark).

The main and clash jerseys should remain for a minimum 5 years.

The special jersey would be a charity or heritage jersey that could change annually but teams would be restricted to choosing only one i.e pick one out of Women In League, Indigenous, Anzac, Heritage etc.

docbrown

Coach
Stop talking sense doc.

Just sick of it.

This is where it's heading -

2392235728_a5964e91cf.jpg

Frailty

First Grade
God some people like to have a whinge over nothing...

Most clubs are doing special events for the Women in League round aside from the Jerseys.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Tonnes of women buy the pink versions. They are who these jerseys are marketed towards in the end

Personally I'm disappointed that not every team gets involved in WiL more.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Penrith looks fine in the pink - they use a real strawberry milk, close up at Brazzers sort of vivid pink that I think looks very fetching. Plus they were the first to do it (weren't they?) plus they can call themselves the Pink Panthers which is rad. Any other team though, looks awful. The Broncos have looked the worst. f**k pink jerseys, do pink headgear, mouthguards, boots, socks, pink V's... just not pink jerseys.

We were the first to do it actually. 2008 vs Melbourne.

DC_fan

Coach
Seriously it's not that complicated.

Teams should be wearing their 'main' jersey for at least 16 games a season.

For the remaining 6 games (max) they should wear either a 'clash' jersey or a 'special' jersey.

The clash jersey should obviously counter the main jersey (light v dark).

The main and clash jerseys should remain for a minimum 5 years.

The special jersey would be a charity or heritage jersey that could change annually but teams would be restricted to choosing only one i.e pick one out of Women In League, Indigenous, Anzac, Heritage etc.

I agree.

But it's all about money.

jonno_knights

Juniors
NFL sell pink jerseys without playing in them.

Can't see why they can't follow suit and just wear pink boots, tape, head gear, mouthguards, skins etc. like every other sport I watch (NFL, NBA, Cricket, etc).