What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate work

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
title pretty much sums it up.

Anyone else want to join me in this little "I hate work" thingy. What we do is bitch about the things at work that we really hate.

you start.

The Colonel

Immortal
I hate petrol companies jacking up the prices of fuel and blaming it on Hurricane Katrina. Shouldn't be feeling the effects for weeks yet. Money hungry merkins... Just makes my day at work less bearable.

I hate payroll tax as well...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate how all the bosses and managers at my work never give credit to anyone for doing something good, but will bust your balls the second you think something bad

Agent Mulder

Bench
I'm a baker and get up around midnight, Sure it can be annoying but in the end i love it and wouldn't do anything else anymore.

The Colonel

Immortal
I hate the fact that work interferes with how much time I can spend on this forum.... should be five day weekends...

Melstar

Juniors
I hate that I dont trust people, but I hate even more when its justified because you catch them out. I hate even more that I then keep it to myself and dont tell them just how much they annoy me for fear that if I do they'll be mad at me, and I hate people being mad at me. what a mess

Houdini

First Grade
I hate the shifts, earliest start is at 5am, latest finish at 8pm

I hate the fact I have no desire, interest or skill to move into IT but management keeps pushing me to join the equipment team.

I hate saturday shifts.

But the killer is copping abuse from travel agents all day long who ring us for assistance but then seem to just yell, swear and degrade us when the system doesn't work. The only satisfaction I get is pointing out the problem is user error :lol:

I hate how managemnt take stats on everything we do and print these out regularly. We are monitored on how many calls we answer, how long we are on each call, how long we put an agent on hold etc how long it takes for us to pick up the next call after hanging up. It has created a completely unsociable work environment where ppl sit at there desk waiting to pick up as many calls as possible so as to to keep your stats at an acceptable level.

I hate how friday drinks means grab a beer and sit at your desk and answer ph calls.

And I hate howe it just took me 15mins to type this post because I had to type it up between taking ph calls :(

I hate how our corporation, despite lossing sh*tloads of cash each year, wasn't backed up by the Roman Catholic church thus making me redundant.
It's not like they are lacking in funds
:lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
I am allocated the role of "duty planner" three days a week, where I basically answer any town planning inquiries that anyone may have. At the moment, it's Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday... but that doesn't stop the call centre still putting calls to me on Thursday and Friday. They're my "I don't have to deal with the public days", which I look forward to immesnsely, and I get really pissed off when I get them... not to the people calling, but to the freaking people in the call centre. They have been told a number of times about this, but still do it!

:evil:

choc_soldier

Coach
Houdini said:
I hate how managemnt take stats on everything we do and print these out regularly. We are monitored on how many calls we answer, how long we are on each call, how long we put an agent on hold etc how long it takes for us to pick up the next call after hanging up. It has created a completely unsociable work environment where ppl sit at there desk waiting to pick up as many calls as possible so as to to keep your stats at an acceptable level.

I used to work at Woolies, and they have this thing called a "scanning rate", which is how many items you can scan in a minute. Mine always hovered around 16 a minute, which you would think is acceptable (considering we did other things apart from scanning on the checkouts, like cash handling) - but the managers kept telling me that it had to be up around 20-25 a minute. One supervisor told me one day, after questioning how on earth it could be done, just said to throw the items into the bags - hardly good customer service.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate how customers are fussy about the drinks I serve them when the drinks are actually free.

Last week, it was 5am, and some old bitty wandered in to gamble her $3 before trundling off to work. She asks me for a coffee, so I go and make it, with cold milk cos I couldn't be bothered warming the milk up and making a mess in the kitchen that I spent 3 hours cleaning.

She takes a sip and complains that its cold, I told her "I know it is, but it's free"

She had the nerve to go and complain to my supervisor, who in turn didn't give a sh*t either. :lol:

Jordan

Juniors
I hate work so much... I go to uni all day, and then come home and have to go to work an hour later...and days I have off uni, I can't enjoy them because I know I have work that night. When I'm at work I hate it as I just have to make pizza after pizza after pizza after pizza etc (I work at Dominos :(). The problem also at working at a place like this is that the biggest nights always happen to be big Rugby League games and I have to struggle to come up with excuses as to why I don't work that night. Also, I hate it because when it's busy they work you to the bone, but when it's slow they send you home--sometimes even after just an hour and they try to fob you off with a pizza and ask if they can have that hour for free.

So yes, work f**king sucks.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate the fact that my life has to revolve around my job, purely because of the f**ked up hours I have to work.

I get three days off, one is spent sleeping and trying to have the next days where I am awake during normal person hours and not the f**ked up hours I have to live in.

The last month, no matter how much rest I get, I find it so hard to get motivated to do anything. It took me 2 days to get the energy up to do the washing last week!

My body is constantly sore because it feels completely run down, and for what? an extra $20 a week.

This highlights the fact that unions are f**king hopeless! Myself and the other 4 people who work the same hours as me, do 3 times more work than anyone else in our area. I can't wait to resign.

Knightmare

Coach
The Colonel said:
I hate petrol companies jacking up the prices of fuel and blaming it on Hurricane Katrina. Shouldn't be feeling the effects for weeks yet. Money hungry merkins... Just makes my day at work less bearable.

I hate payroll tax as well...

Wrong, Hurricane Katrina is to blame. Remember late last year, when oild prices took the biggest dive they had in 3 years, fuel prices dropped suddenly then as well. It's all relative, and I would expect prices to fall after this recent spike.

TooheysNew

Coach
No it's not. It's called profiteering.

It's where they make money because naive people accept it.

Houdini

First Grade
I also hate the fact our rostered lunch hours mean you could be having your lunch break as early as 9.45am or as late as 4.15pm.

And we get timed to make sure we don't waste a second of precious work time

Knightmare

Coach
Dilmah said:
No it's not. It's called profiteering.

It's where they make money because naive people accept it.

Well of course they have to make money- they're a business. You don't honestly think if they had more inflluence they would lower prices to be competitive? I remember about 6 years ago when the new caltex opened just next to the Mobil near where I used to live, both servo's kept lowering their prices to get more customers. You can't believe everything you see on ACA.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Houdini said:
I also hate the fact our rostered lunch hours mean you could be having your lunch break as early as 9.45am or as late as 4.15pm.

And we get timed to make sure we don't waste a second of precious work time
at least food places are open then. Try getting a decent feed when your dinner break is at midnight :(