What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know I've done the right thing - Sonny Bill

Shorty

Staff member
Of course he thinks he's done the right thing,let's wait and see when he has to face the music.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I reckon Cletus is on the ball. Mundine ALWAYS comes up with some sh*t right before a fight, and SBW is obviously too clueless or naive to see he is being used. Cant believe people are actually defending these scumbags and buying into the "oh but you have to feel for sonny" bullsh*t.

Who is though, apart from someone who is obviously close to Khoder or Anthony trolling the forums.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
So the Dogs offer a 3 year deal, Sonny comes back and says he wants a 5 year deal, and the club gives it to him.

He whinges about the disloyalty of Mason.

Then he runs away, midseason, without telling his club/teamates and fans, rather than front of like a man and ask for a release.

Poor Sonny. I guess he owes the club nothing after they backed him up when he was drink driving, getting plastered, rooting lowlifes in cubicles and paid him plenty whilst he was out having operation after operation.

Poor Sonny.

Backed him up. You cannot be serious.

His private life is his business. Why the hell should he be forced to stand up in public and say he has a drinking problem. He has done nothing more than any number of young blokes his age.

Rugby league has no business invading the privacy of players.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

His private life is his business. Why the hell should he be forced to stand up in public and say he has a drinking problem. He has done nothing more than any number of young blokes his age.

His private life is his business. :lol:

Rugby league has no business invading the privacy of players :lol:

Why don't you go and tell your mates at the Terrorgraph. :lol:

Bman26

Juniors
No, but it certainly has "business" in protecting its image, and when a player repeatedly does things which tarnish the image of the game whilst under the influence then they must take action.

On a side note, Sooky Bill Williams should just stay in France, good riddance.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I think we can all agree as RL fans that the media (and society to some extent) is invading players lives a little too much, sure. However, this isn't about his private life or his personal business. This is about him walking out of a 5 year contract without so much as a peep to anybody. He cannot and will not get away with it - he cannot and did not seek to do this legally and he WILL suffer the financial consequences so help the NRL and Bulldogs club.

Every action of his since Saturday has been illogical, stupid and selfish and will ultimately come back to bite him. There are no winners in this situation - NRL, the Bulldogs and Sonny will all come out of this worse for wear - the difference being it will be the latters' reputation and finances that will cop the biggest blow.

drake

First Grade
Mundine has made a fortune getting Aussies to pay money to hopefully see him get belted. Seems a good way to get more people to watch him get punched in the face.

Mundine is no fool, but I daresay he's no true mate of Dollar Bill Williams.

fred_knight

Juniors
Save the children - his private life is not that private, while he is a role model for kids and is looked upto by fans and setting an example for his team mates, what he does in his private time is not so private, players of his stature shall always be responsible. as for your stupid statement that "rugby league has no business invading the privacy of players", i deadset can not even respond to that ridiculous line.

Sonny is a dog, Weidler is a tosser and Khoder is a grub...end of story

gaterooze

Bench
SBW has achieved all there is in league

Oh really? Has he ever won a World Cup? Won't get the chance now. He's looking for a new challenge? What about playing out a full freaking season of NRL, that's something he's never done. Compare this douche to a guy like Beaver Menzies...

Ribs

Bench
I reckon Cletus is on the ball. Mundine ALWAYS comes up with some sh*t right before a fight, and SBW is obviously too clueless or naive to see he is being used. Cant believe people are actually defending these scumbags and buying into the "oh but you have to feel for sonny" bullsh*t.

The more I read this dribble the more amazed i am.

You people are seriously f*cking stupid. You think Mundine created this to sell some tickets to a fight? Ha ha ha ha ha f*cking geniuss.

Maybe he and SBW are mates........ so what?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Oh really? Has he ever won a World Cup? Won't get the chance now. He's looking for a new challenge? What about playing out a full freaking season of NRL, that's something he's never done. Compare this douche to a guy like Beaver Menzies...

He has won a premiership and played for NZ. He was until everyone turned on him this week, recognised as one of the games best in the last 10 years.

So it is time to conquer rugby. I hate rugby personally, but rugby is still huge in NZ. How could you begrudge him that?

smeghead

Bench
Mundine had nothing to do with the move by Money Bill IMHO. Yes he is putting himself in the picture to receive the hatred views for his fight but the decision comes down to Money Bill and his reasoning and a plyer manager who would never see a dollar of any NRL contract his alleged client would have made

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I think we can all agree as RL fans that the media (and society to some extent) is invading players lives a little too much, sure. However, this isn't about his private life or his personal business. This is about him walking out of a 5 year contract without so much as a peep to anybody. He cannot and will not get away with it - he cannot and did not seek to do this legally and he WILL suffer the financial consequences so help the NRL and Bulldogs club.

Every action of his since Saturday has been illogical, stupid and selfish and will ultimately come back to bite him. There are no winners in this situation - NRL, the Bulldogs and Sonny will all come out of this worse for wear - the difference being it will be the latters' reputation and finances that will cop the biggest blow.

I was responding to Ziggy's claim that the doggies have back Sonny to the hilt. I don't blame the dogs for that, they are just playing the PR game. I just think the NRL should not have the right to be the fun police for players. I also think the demand that footy players be role models is absurd. Sonny would not see the dogs as backing him though.

My main concern in all this, is that lynching sonny bill is missing the point. Why sink sh*tloads of resources into punishing the contract breach when the real need is to address the reasons why he breached the contract in the first place ie. We are currently unable to compete with the money on offer overseas.

sass

Juniors
if one more person says 'NO ONE'S THINKING ABOUT SONNY'S FEELINGS' I will honestly cut a bitch.

I'm sick of sonny bill's feelings. for the past year all I've heard about is sonny's emotional issues. I have low self esteem! the bulldogs don't listen to my ideas! willie abandoned me!

I can't handle it anymore. hire him a therapist and be done with it.

God-King Dean

Immortal
"But he said to me that if someone who was close to him was in the same situation he would show them all the support that he can, he'd be there for them and he hopes that in time his close friends and fans will understand and will be there for him."

Wants his cake, & eat it too.

humpy

Juniors
I just think the NRL should not have the right to be the fun police for players. I also think the demand that footy players be role models is absurd. Sonny would not see the dogs as backing him though.

While ever money to play these prima donnas comes from sponsors and TV deals, they need to be aware that they are in the publis eye. Like it or not the better the publicity for the game the more money that comes in and therefore goes back to the players.

If they do something to diminish this level of corporate support, then they face the consequences.

Do you think if this idiot goes to France and does something as stupid as he has done here that makes the front pages or causes problems for the owner over there that they are not going to drag him in front of cameras to apologise, or worse still sack him??

As for Mundine's influence, what does anybody expect. Lie down with Dogs and you get fleas.

Dragon

Coach
The more I read this dribble the more amazed i am.

You people are seriously f*cking stupid. You think Mundine created this to sell some tickets to a fight? Ha ha ha ha ha f*cking geniuss.

Maybe he and SBW are mates........ so what?

Did anyone say 'created'? Im thinking more 'timed' it to perfection. You dont give these scumbags enough credit as far as im concerned. They are anything but stupid.

Raging Rabbit

juniors
My main concern in all this, is that lynching sonny bill is missing the point. Why sink sh*tloads of resources into punishing the contract breach when the real need is to address the reasons why he breached the contract in the first place ie. We are currently unable to compete with the money on offer overseas.

Sorry mate but this is where you have got it all wrong.

When you sign a contract, you are legally bound to honour it, unless of course there is duress and all that other horsesh*t.

Bottom line, he got what he wanted, he was quoted in the press as saying that and he bailed out.

If he'd gone about this professionally and told the Dogs he was going and his new contract would ensure they would be compensated under negotiation or something of that nature - different story.

Therein is the difference between professional management and say, a tobacco store owner.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Sorry mate but this is where you have got it all wrong.

When you sign a contract, you are legally bound to honour it, unless of course there is duress and all that other horsesh*t.

Bottom line, he got what he wanted, he was quoted in the press as saying that and he bailed out.

If he'd gone about this professionally and told the Dogs he was going and his new contract would ensure they would be compensated under negotiation or something of that nature - different story.

Therein is the difference between professional management and say, a tobacco store owner.

There are no prizes for taking the moral high ground here.

Latest posts