What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

miccle

Bench
He just stated in the interview, after a VERY long pause, that his club knew. Management at the Knights knew about him popping pills and having a drinking problem.

IMO there has to be ramifications from this. It could open up a whole NEW can of worms at the Knoughts.

Garts

Bench
Everyone who is being so critical, are you all really naive enough to think a few players from every club dont do the same in the off season?

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Aotearoa_NewZealand said:
cant take a joke? doesnt matter what drug he took and what freaking effect it has - still contradicts the drug policy through the time he played. If it was as good as they say it is, he would've been caught and suspended - and newcastle would have more than 1 wooden spoon.

WTF?? As good as they say it is?? I don't even understand what you're talking about, the E didn't improve his performance genius...if you knew ANYTHING about it you'd be able to have a f**ken proper discussion. Yet...you don't. And I do. So shuttup.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Where has anyone said he owes anyone anything?

You're a deadset dropkick. E is a dangerous and life threatening drug you fool.

As for the being disappointed in him - HIS actions affect the lives of thousands of little league supporting kids the state and country over. You do the math. Talk about blind defence of the indefensible.

Shorty

Staff member
Whoa ToiletDuck is fired up.
BTW ToiletDuck are you a member on any other forums?

ToiletDuck said:
WTF?? As good as they say it is?? I don't even understand what you're talking about, the E didn't improve his performance genius...if you knew ANYTHING about it you'd be able to have a f**ken proper discussion. Yet...you don't. And I do. So shuttup.
stop lovin yourself. my point is, if the NRL's super tight drug testing caught him, he wouldve been suspended - newcastle wouldve won more wooden spoons. i dont care what freaking drug he took.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Timmah said:
You're a deadset dropkick. E is a dangerous and life threatening drug you fool. quote]

How is it life-threatening? please explain the pathophysiological mechanism behind that? I know it...it's by ingesting too much water because E stimulates an increase in ADH levels. Hence water retention --> cerebral oedema --> death.

What's the % of E related deaths over the past 10 yrs vs other drugs? what is it?

Don't make statements you can't backup.

Timmah

Staff member
Deadset, this interview is a massive turning point in Rugby League. The hesitation in Joey answering the question about other players will have Sports Journalists in overdrive.

No doubt we'll have an article about how Joey let Rebecca Wilson's kids down. I don't respect drugs or Joey or anything but Bec & Buzz are going to have an apesh*t field day.

gregstar

Referee
cranky pants said:
Piss off, he doesn't owe any of you ANYTHING, AT ALL.

Wow? He takes f**ken E? Who gives a sh*t.
And those losers posting sh*t about being dissappointed and him owing you anything, go get a f**king life.

cranky pants said:

onemanband.gif

"grey skies are gonna clear up! put on a happy face!"

Ziggy the God

First Grade
S.S.T.I.D said:
This is pretty f@ckin' sad episode in the games history. I feel terrible.

Despite Johns being such a great player, his petulance turned me off him over the latter part of his career.

Watching this interview, it is quite evident that he is suffering from a Bi-Polar disorder.

Very, very sad.

Timmah

Staff member
ToiletDuck said:
Timmah said:
You're a deadset dropkick. E is a dangerous and life threatening drug you fool. quote]

How is it life-threatening? please explain the pathophysiological mechanism behind that? I know it...it's by ingesting too much water because E stimulates an increase in ADH levels. Hence water retention --> cerebral oedema --> death.

What's the % of E related deaths over the past 10 yrs vs other drugs? what is it?

Don't make statements you can't backup.

Can you categorically deny E can cause death? If not, you're a fool.

Funnier still you ignored the rest of my post.

Why defend this?

ToiletDuck

Juniors
I know I sound like a total dick pulling this sh*t...but I can't sit by watching people lump all 'drugs' into the same category. Most of you have no idea about what drugs do what or which are the most dangerous. You just hear the word and run for the hills.

As far as the PR stuff...yes he's probably an idiot. But COME ON, you think he's the ONLY ONE?????

Shorty

Staff member
Ziggy the God said:
Despite Johns being such a great player, his petulance turned me off him over the latter part of his career.

Watching this interview, it is quite evident that he is suffering from a Bi-Polar disorder.

Very, very sad.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Blaze

Juniors
meh I can totally understand where Johns is coming from.

It doesn't mean that he hasn't done the wrong thing, of course he has, but I can relate to it to a degree...

Timmah

Staff member
ToiletDuck - regardless of what they do, their effects, whatever... they're ILLEGAL and set a bad example for the youth who idolise him. Don't you get that?

ToiletDuck said:
I know I sound like a total dick pulling this sh*t...but I can't sit by watching people lump all 'drugs' into the same category. Most of you have no idea about what drugs do what or which are the most dangerous. You just hear the word and run for the hills.

As far as the PR stuff...yes he's probably an idiot. But COME ON, you think he's the ONLY ONE?????
have to agree with you there - youd have to be an idiot not to think he's not the only one

Latest posts