What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Gibbo

Juniors
Bet Shannon Knoll's stoked coming up next, nice of Joey and Gus to warm up the audience for him...

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Umm you're a fool, E causes like 1 death a yr. And that's not for you to decide. It's like saying someone who gets drunk is a total idiot...because you can die from alcohol poisoning (and many more people fo per year).
In terms of $$ spent on drug-related-harm, alcohol and tobacco are WAY WAY AHEAD and have FAR HIGHER mortality rates. So go campaign against them.

Shorty

Staff member
This is huge for Rugby League,arguably the best player of his generation...did drugs all his career.
Haters will have a field day.

Timmah said:
ToiletDuck said:
Can you categorically deny E can cause death? If not, you're a fool.

Funnier still you ignored the rest of my post.

Why defend this?

one pill won't

two pills won't

6 or 7 in one night will

there's a reason why they're called overdoses

ecstasy would be towards the bottom of drug related deaths

Garts

Bench
Ziggy the God said:
Despite Johns being such a great player, his petulance turned me off him over the latter part of his career.

Watching this interview, it is quite evident that he is suffering from a Bi-Polar disorder.

Very, very sad.

Thats the condition I heard he has. Probably heard it for the 1st time 12 months back.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ToiletDuck said:
Umm you're a fool, E causes like 1 death a yr. And that's not for you to decide. It's like saying someone who gets drunk is a total idiot...because you can die from alcohol poisoning (and many more people fo per year).
In terms of $$ spent on drug-related-harm, alcohol and tobacco are WAY WAY AHEAD and have FAR HIGHER mortality rates. So go campaign against them.

Why does that make it OK?

Your logic is f*cked.

drake

First Grade
Gus Gould's interview seemed to do two things besides give the Footy Show some ratings (first time I've watched in years)
1) He seemed to be warning other players that this is what happens, and it is not so hard a thing to happen
2)Offer an escape hatch for Johns as a reformed user helping others.

Johns looked like he wanted to vomit (I actually pitied tha foo') and Gus looked like he wanted nothing more to do with Johns.

Cloud9

The myth of the moral upright legend of the game is busted. He is only human. The media will have a difficult time coming to terms with the lie.

Timmah

Staff member
F**king morons in this thread condoning drug use. F**king tools.

perverse

Referee
i don't care what anyone says - that took balls. big balls.

it was a great interview and i guess my only hope is that he can turn it all around for his own sake. no matter what - he's still a champion football player in my mind, and always will be.

Timmah

Staff member
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
try telling that to those who don't know

none of it is OK. What part of that don't people understand?