What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

perverse

Referee
[furrycat] said:
... While you are right, its a silly argument. :?

They are illegal for a reason.
and what reason would tha...

oh god i almost took a big chunk out of that one.

rofl @ that pic aids... was that on 4chan?

fourplay

Juniors
lockyrulz said:
So what was his excuse for fair evasion? Was he dealing with the depression of his dead goldfish?

What a nob jockey. Thank god he has retired.

Well thats tomorrows headline

ANDREW JOHNS CAUGHT FARE EVADING

then the follow up a week later

ANDREW JOHNS CONFESSES: I HAVE BEEN FARE EVADING MY WHOLE FOOTBALL CAREER

perverse

Referee
fourplay said:
Well thats tomorrows headline

ANDREW JOHNS CAUGHT FAIR EVADING

then the follow up a week later

ANDREW JOHNS CONFESSES: I HAVE BEEN FAIR EVADING MY WHOLE FOOTBALL CAREER
LOL I RKN! way to focus on the irrelevant lockyrulz.. as per usual.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Wheelsy said:
Didn't buy a ticket, now his life is f**ked. Well done son.

Didn't buy a ticket because? He is a nob.

Took drugs because? He is a nob

Conclusion? He is a nob.

What he should tell little kiddies? Don't be a nob.

Dragon

Coach
everyone thinks its ok to have a 7 yr old son and be out dayclubbing then? Sweet, the future is bright.........

lockyrulz

Juniors
Dragon said:
everyone thinks its ok to have a 7 yr old son and be out dayclubbing then? Sweet, the future is bright.........

Hey give him a break, he has to deal with all the stress of being retired and rich.

Fierise

Juniors
Ok, so here's what we know:

Andrew Johns did drugs through an entire career: Check
He's got depression: Check
He did a stupid thing: Check
He's got an alcohol problem: Check
The Knights apparently knew about it: Check
Ecstasy is illegal: Check

Andrew Johns has depression and did drugs through his entire career, he also has an alcohol problem by the sounds of things. But is that any excuse to make it a big deal? He was caught with ONE tablet in his pocket. He was cautioned and released. Let that be the end of it. So he screwed up. Everyone screws up. But nobody sees this big a deal being made about it. The only reason this whole situation has been blown out of proportion is because he is famous and was/is well respected. Hopefully now he can get the help he needs and maybe he can start being a better role model for children and do an anti-drugs campaign or something. Who knows. Just my opinion (and I'm not claiming to be an expert , that's just my view).

Dogs Of War

Coach
lockyrulz said:
Didn't buy a ticket because? He is a nob.

Took drugs because? He is a nob

Conclusion? He is a nob.

What he should tell little kiddies? Don't be a nob.

You should probably take your own advice. You don't realise what a hard thing that Andrew Johns did tonight. Admiting you have a problem is a great step to take, and in such a public way too. People will be watching him a lot more now, which will mean it will be a lot harder for him to go back down that path. I had to do something similar years ago, admit I had a problem, walked away from a lot of friends I had at the time just to be out of the circle until I got my sh*t together.

Mr Saab

Referee
He only admitted it as he got caught and shyte was going to hit the ceiling so he got in 1st.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
You should probably take your own advice. You don't realise what a hard thing that Andrew Johns did tonight. Admiting you have a problem is a great step to take, and in such a public way too. People will be watching him a lot more now, which will mean it will be a lot harder for him to go back down that path. I had to do something similar years ago, admit I had a problem, walked away from a lot of friends I had at the time just to be out of the circle until I got my sh*t together.

Don't need to champ, as I don't act like an ass hat in the first place.

perverse

Referee
Mr Saab said:
He only admitted it as he got caught and shyte was going to hit the ceiling so he got in 1st.
that's total speculaton, from what we know he could have just stuck to his guns with the one tablet and it could have ended there.

Saab your form is terrible tonight. it usually is when a topic comes up that you can't cast your bias and/or agenda aside for though.

Knight87

Juniors
As some other people have correctly identified in this thread, the real problem behind this whole issue can pretty much be summed up from this one quotation from Andrew Johns on The Footy Show tonight. In response to a question Phil Gould asked in regards to what inspired Joey to take the chance, even with a multitude of sponsorships, money etc. on the line, Joey said:

"To me, the problem was alcohol. I would never intentionally go to take drugs, but then I'd have 6 to 8 beers and then just wouldn't care."

So, whilst 99% of the interview was focused on the drug issues, this quote got overlooked in the whole interview. I think it is a well known fact to those within the inner echelons of Newcastle that Joey did have problems with alcohol (I've heard many incidents and encounters from people about drunken rage-fulled incidents involving Johns).

So, whilst I think it is appropriate that issues involving illicit drugs need to be addressed in rugby league, a bigger issue in the sport (and also Australia on an overall) is alcohol. But, alcohol problems (most of the time) get swept under the carpet. Why? Because in Australia, it is deemed to be socially acceptable to drink and sometimes, if you get drunk, there's no problem with it (you are supposedly "one of the boys. Also, there is no limit as to how much you can drink once you're 18 years old, and even then, people under 18 years old don't even care at all, despite all the health education programs that are being implemented or have been implemented in schools). Advertisers and co. are virtually training the youth of today to become a 'drinking culture'. Tv ads and shows bombard and promote this sort of image, like its the hippest thing. These days, majority of people condemn cigarette smoking, but as has been mentioned earlier in other posts, alcohol causes more extensive damage (health problems, relationship problems, friendship problems, strains on the healthcare system, problems within the community, problems at work. I mean, majority of people on these forums will at least know one person, personally, who falls under one of these categories). This has been a problem in Australia for a long time, and only as of recent politicans have started to talk about it being a problem (especially in the youth), when this had been around for a long time. But, of course, the government will be reluctant to do anything about it, whilst they still rake in tax from these commodities.

To Andrew's credit, I admire the fact that he came clean on the issue. Whether he would've or not, had he not been caught, is a matter of speculation. The hardest part with addictions is to admit you have the problem. I'm glad he did that with the drugs. However, I'd like to see him focus more on improving the alcohol issues, as that may go a long way in preventing the repercussions that are likely to follow.

perverse

Referee
lockyrulz said:
Don't need to champ, as I don't act like an ass hat in the first place.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just found something to replace my horrid predictions and potentially false banner with in my sig!

Latest posts