What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As furry said I would like to think he would but at the same time I'm not that naive. Sucks that this is the truth about Joey - but it is. And now all of us are going to live with the consequences and revelations as a result.

[furrycat]

Coach
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
are you being paid to protect dodger? i wasn't asking you

Sorry but you posted it in a public forum. Wasn't aware I can't reply :?

(And I'm not protecting Tim- people are being outright twats and being personal, so I'm putting a moderator hat on)

RABK

Referee
[furrycat] said:
It isn't up for discussion. You know what you're doing and you've been in the same strife for it before- and again, you use exactly the same defence.

As I said, if you want to continue your little hissy fit at Timmah, take it out of the thread and stop trying to derail it.

In other words, stop being a keyboard hero. Thats all I'm going to say on it. :crazy:

Read those two words then read your post again. You speak to me like your opinion means something to me.

[furrycat]

Coach
Timmah said:
As furry said I would like to think he would but at the same time I'm not that naive. Sucks that this is the truth about Joey - but it is. And now all of us are going to live with the consequences and revelations as a result.

Yeah I know. Its hard to really take in and I respect the bloke enough to think he might ahve come out eventually... we'll never know but hey.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Timmah said:
It's probably more to do with the fact you're so gutless that instead of going into bat for your best fwend Joey, you've decided to take the cheap way out and attack me instead.

Deflection your style now eh?

Yeah yeah...gutless, blah blah..you're so awesome, i wish i could be high and mighty (and generic).

Cheap way out? I was merely responding to your statements about E (that were complete BS btw)..and corrected them.

Secondly, I said Joey was in the wrong in two separate posts. I didn't defend taking E, I was just pointing out that maybe a bit of education wouldn't go astray. Drugs aren't ALL THE SAME, though you wouldn't know sh*t about any of them or how they work so how can you comment? You can't, you know what you react to...the stigma, and that isn't your fault...it's just all you know.

Joey isn't the smartest in the world for doing what he's done, and it isn't right. However if anyone here thinks he goes out with groups of nrl players and sits there by himself on E...then well, a serious reality check needed.

[furrycat]

Coach
RABK said:
Read those two words then read your post again. You speak to me like your opinion means something to me.

Sorry mate but I take no pleasure in following a poster around on an internet forum and harrassing them. If you're into that kind of thing, thats ok.

Timmah

Staff member
RABK said:

"I AM ABOVE THE LAW"

:crazy:

Timmah

Staff member
ToiletDuck said:
Yeah yeah...gutless, blah blah..you're so awesome, i wish i could be high and mighty (and generic).

Cheap way out? I was merely responding to your statements about E (that were complete BS btw)..and corrected them.

Secondly, I said Joey was in the wrong in two separate posts. I didn't defend taking E, I was just pointing out that maybe a bit of education wouldn't go astray. Drugs aren't ALL THE SAME, though you wouldn't know sh*t about any of them or how they work so how can you comment? You can't, you know what you react to...the stigma, and that isn't your fault...it's just all you know.

Joey isn't the smartest in the world for doing what he's done, and it isn't right. However if anyone here thinks he goes out with groups of nrl players and sits there by himself on E...then well, a serious reality check needed.

I was actually addressing RABK not you ;-)

Either way, this isn't about whoever else is doing E - it's about Joey. So why the deflection on YOUR behalf?

scuzzi

Juniors
its very irresponsible of the knights to let this happen. From what joey said they knew about it, but chose to do nothing. Players have a responsibility to the club, shouldn't this responsibility be both ways.

Garts

Bench
I will still respect him, he was the best footballer I have seen play the game. I wont sit back and judge him as harshly as others in this thread are, he has issues and he stuffed up like millions of people in all forms of life have before him and like millions will in the future.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Timmah said:
I was actually addressing RABK not you ;-)

Either way, this isn't about whoever else is doing E - it's about Joey. So why the deflection on YOUR behalf?

Well soz for that.

Either way, I addressed that in my post, I said IT WAS WRONG.
And it isn't a deflection, it's the fact that everyone is sitting there on their high horses condemning the one guy who has admitted it (forced to or not) when there is a huge contingent of players who do E and worse.

It's like everyone has taken the stance that 'unless i see it in the papers it doesn't happen' which is just head in the clouds, head the sand, ignorant (though typical of the population) thinking.

It happens, it happens alot. Crucifying one guy because he's exposed is dumb. Same goes for Cousins, Mason, Joey...ANYONE.

Packy

Bench
Timmah said:
But - would he have come out with the admission and such had he not been caught with the E?

Probably not. I don't think that is important anymore. He did get caught and he did come out with the whole truth (or at least what appears to be the whole truth).

As I stated, I am glad for his sake.

PS. Hai LU world! Lurked for years.

Garts

Bench
Out of interest do people think taking recreational drugs is worse than sinking 10 schooners and driving?

anyone who thinks he would of come out and said he had a drug problem ever if he didn't get caught is kidding

the good thing for him is he is stopping at ecstasy. he said he used to do it after 6 or so beers. all it takes is one person to say 'joey i got something twice as strong as ecstasy want to try?' and he's f**ked off on the heavy stuff. the worst part about ecstasy isn't the drug itself it's the fact it's a gateway drug

fourplay

Juniors
The only reason why its so bad for Andrew Johns to take ecstasy is because:

1. The fact that the drug is illegal, and you can get charged by the police if caught.

2. Because its illegal its made on the black market it can contain substances harmful to ones health.

If it was legalised there would be nothing at all wrong with taking a pill, it would be like having a few beers down at the pub.

perverse

Referee
Packy said:
Probably not. I don't think that is important anymore. He did get caught and he did come out with the whole truth (or at least what appears to be the whole truth).

As I stated, I am glad for his sake.

PS. Hai LU world! Lurked for years.
welcome to the forums! ahhh i remember when i made the transition from lurker to poster...

[furrycat]

Coach
fourplay said:
The only reason why its so bad for Andrew Johns to take ecstasy is because:

1. The fact that the drug is illegal, and you can get charged by the police if caught.

2. Because its illegal its made on the black market it can contain substances harmful to ones health.

If it was legalised there would be nothing at all wrong with taking a pill, it would be like having a few beers down at the pub.

... While you are right, its a silly argument. :?

They are illegal for a reason.

lockyrulz

Juniors
So what was his excuse for fare evasion? Was he dealing with the depression of his dead goldfish?

What a nob jockey. Thank god he has retired.

Latest posts