What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Packy

Bench
Mr Saab said:
He only admitted it as he got caught and shyte was going to hit the ceiling so he got in 1st.

Quite often this is what it takes. It doesn't take away the fact that he is now owning facing up to his lifestyle mistakes.

lockyrulz

Juniors
perverse said:
that's total speculaton, from what we know he could have just stuck to his guns with the one tablet and it could have ended there.

Saab your form is terrible tonight. it usually is when a topic comes up that you can't cast your bias and/or agenda aside for though.

If you say so.

You know what would have been gutsy? Him coming out on his own and admitting what he had done of his own volition.

Instead, as always, he has to get cornered first.

Mr Saab

Referee
perverse said:
that's total speculaton, from what we know he could have just stuck to his guns with the one tablet and it could have ended there.

Saab your form is terrible tonight. it usually is when a topic comes up that you can't cast your bias and/or agenda aside for though.

Total speculation....just like you were all day about the "drug in the pocket" theory.

Form...please...agenda...please. Johns f*cked up and i dont really have to put any more shyte on him then he hasnt put on himself.

Keep defending the drug takers though....its all good.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
He only admitted it as he got caught and shyte was going to hit the ceiling so he got in 1st.

are you stupid?

he never had to admit to 10 years of taking drugs because he was busted with one ecstasy tablet

lockyrulz

Juniors
El Diablo said:
are you stupid?

he never had to admit to 10 years of taking drugs because he was busted with one ecstasy tablet

Yea because it wouldn't have come in out in weeks of newspapers articles on it would it.

Dumb ass.

Mr Saab

Referee
El Diablo said:
are you stupid?

Are you that naive?
It was all going to be revealed, but he got in first.

perverse

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Total speculation....just like you were all day about the "drug in the pocket" theory.

Form...please...agenda...please. Johns f*cked up and i dont really have to put any more shyte on him then he hasnt put on himself.

Keep defending the drug takers though....its all good.
show me a post where i believe the "drug in the pocket" theory. show me one single post mate. i think you'll find i always found his initial excuse a farce - and stated that i wish he'd come clean. which he did.

lockyrulz

Juniors
perverse said:
show me a post where i believe the "drug in the pocket" theory. show me one single post mate. i think you'll find i always found his initial excuse a farce - and stated that i wish he'd come clean. which he did.

So he bs's his entire career, then tries to bs his way out of this initially, but now he is a hero because with no where else to run, he fronts up on the footy show and does an interview.

You guys are easy to please.

perverse

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Are you that naive?
speculation at best.

mods - i bring it up again... ogobbo had his posts deleted for much less than this. why the double standards?

Packy

Bench
Wow.. you people must be awesome human beings....

Next time I'm driving and I speed... I guess I should report myself to the nearest police station rather than get away with it on the sly every now and then?

strewth_mate

Bench
Drugs aren't ALL THE SAME, though you wouldn't know sh*t about any of them or how they work so how can you comment? You can't, you know what you react to...the stigma, and that isn't your fault...it's just all you know.

I think people understand the semantics. A drug is a drug is a drug; as a matter of definition you're very right.

In practical terms though - 'bad' drugs are bad. Other drugs that are 'worse' are worse, but this does not make the merely 'bad' drugs any better. If you're going to assess the danger of something, you don't only compare it to something else that is dangerous, it doesn't tell you anything meaningful.

It's also likely true that other players are getting similarly drugged up but just haven't been outed. All well and good, but does this excuse Johns? It sweetens it somewhat with a little perspective, but does it actually excuse him relative to himself? You don't get off a murder charge by arguing that people have murdered in the past. The fact that he took drugs - regardless of how heinous they are - remains fact no matter how many players also take drugs. And that isn't reacting to stigma and treating the word 'drug' as a loaded term meaning all things evil; it's just a statement that Johns took drugs.

As far as the comments on others' drug knowledge goes, it's a bit odd. It appears you're generalising as much as you believe others to be and assuming a good deal. Oh I love the internet.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Are you that naive?

lol

says Chucky

you wouldn't know if a dog was up ya let alone what was or wasn't going to come out

perverse

Referee
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
Cheers to the few such as TonearmTerrorwrist and ToiletDuck who have brought a voice of reason to this discussion
you're quite welcome (even though i didnt get a mention!!! :p)

lockyrulz

Juniors
Packy said:
Wow.. you people must be awesome human beings....

Next time I'm driving and I speed... I guess I should report myself to the nearest police station rather than get away with it on the sly every now and then?

How about you just dont speed in the first place einstein.

perverse

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Delete it, i dont give a toss.
i don't give a toss about your posts either regarding this issue - i did find merit in the ones that were already deleted though.

lockyrulz

Juniors
El Diablo said:
lol

says Chucky

you wouldn't know if a dog was up ya let alone what was or wasn't going to come out

Its called common sense. No one expects you to recognise it.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
perverse said:
you're quite welcome (even though i didnt get a mention!!! :p)

just skimming through, those 2 stuck out in my head... but if you argued a similar point, consider yourself added ot the list. In 400 odd posts, most involve instant crucification based on the stigma attached to 'drugs'.