What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
El Diablo said:
why would they pay him for an interview when he already works for 9?

its not like he can go and sell it to 7 or 10

he could have held a press conference, made it unexclusive...

perverse

Referee
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
he could have held a press conference, made it unexclusive...
true.. but it wouldn't have contained the in depth insight that we got from gould and joey one on one. it would have been an absolute sh*tfest rabble if it were a press conference.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Misanthrope said:
Please, the only time I've used a superfluous 'z' in my life is to mock simpletons such as yourself. I didn't just imply you were a homosexual, either. I've also implied that you're mentally deficient. The fact you haven't noticed that subtle undertone in our communication is probably proof that I was on the money.

I never said you said he was a villain. You asked for my thoughts and I gave them. You then said your sterling contribution to the thread was to call him a 'nob'. While I did feel this cut right to the heart of the matter and settled all arguments, I felt compelled to inform you that it's not a point. It's an opinion.

Well actually I called on you to provide an actual reason for your pointless tirades, and the 'Johns isn't a villian' was your first and only remotely relevant point. As I never said he was a villian, I guess that remained ulitimately pointless and irrelevant as well.

Problem is in your rush to sound like a smart ass you got it wrong.

Oh well.

You can imply all you want. I haven't stopped laughing at you since you first posted.

Nothing you or I type changes who we are. Nor does it change the fact AJ's is a nob.

Oh and as for a forum troll, 14000 odd posts? You certainly know how to spend your youth.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
perverse said:
true.. but it wouldn't have contained the in depth insight that we got from gould and joey one on one. it would have been an absolute sh*tfest rabble if it were a press conference.

yeah fair enough, im just saying he would have gone some cash from tonight's events... and it would be highly ignorant to rule out that possiblity.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
lockyrulz said:
Well actually I called on you to provide an actual reason for your pointless tirades, and the 'Johns isn't a villian' was your first and only remotely relevant point. As I never said he was a villian, I guess that remained ulitimately pointless and irrelevant as well.

Problem is in your rush to sound like a smart ass you got it wrong.

Oh well.

You can imply all you want. I haven't stopped laughing at you since you first posted.

Nothing you or I type changes who we are. Nor does it change the fact AJ's is a nob.

Oh and as for a forum troll, 14000 odd posts? You certainly know how to spend your youth.

ive hated AJ for ages, and this just flared up my dislike for him as well. Its not because your point of view that youre copping sh*t, its because of your choice methods of articulation.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well actually I called on you to provide an actual reason for your pointless tirades

Tinkerbell, my tirades were purely because you've posted ream upon ream of sh*t in this thread. I could care less whether Joey Johns is glorified or crucified for this. I was just offended at the crap you were putting out.

You're right. This argument is pointless. At the end of the day I remain the pillar of awesomeness that I am, you remain a simpleton in soiled underwear, and Andrew Johns remains a 'nob', as you so eloquently put it.

But it's been fun, mate. If nothing else, I can go to bed confident in the knowledge that you've learned how to spell dictionary; the difference between a point & an opinion; that you now know a nephew is a male relative; and that I am an arrogant bastard.

Fibroman

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Jesus, i hope you were on Es when you typed that dribble.

Not dribble. Fact.

Wait till you've had to tell some 14 year old's parents that their son/daughter has died from a hotshot.

Wait till you do an asset test on a 25 year old that doesn't work a real job and find out that they have 5 million dollars in assets and no real excuse as to where they got it from, and you pay taxes for 23 years.

Not dribble.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Fibroman said:
Not dribble. Fact.

Wait till you've had to tell some 14 year old's parents that their son/daughter has died from a hotshot.

Wait till you do an asset test on a 25 year old that doesn't work a real job and find out that they have 5 million dollars in assets and no real excuse as to where they got it from, and you pay taxes for 23 years.

Not dribble.

Fibroman, have you seen 'Scarface'?

Engine

Juniors
Locky, the fight is over. He has knocked you senseless tonight. Let it go and fight a battle against a cockatoo tomorrow.

Aenemus

Juniors
I take it most people who bag Johns don't really understand how widespread and serious depression is in our society.

Just because someone is successful means nothing towards whether they 'have no right' to be depressed. The pressure put on people in the spotlight leads to a greater chance of depression.

I am no way condoning his drug use, but if he has been suffering as he claims, why should he be persecuted for falling into the trap that so many in our society have. Why should someone be treated differently because OTHERS view them as 'role models'. Maybe this pressure of being a role model is what drove him to the drugs in the first place....

Misanthrope

Staff member
I take it most people who bag Johns don't really understand how widespread and serious depression is in our society.

I agree 100% Depression is widely undiagnosed because there's a fascination in society with men being too strong for things like therapy or talking things out. I think people would be horrified at how many people, both famous and everyday, are suffering from a psychological disorder.

If Andrew does suffer from depression, it would explain a great deal. As others have said, self medicating with recreational drugs is one method sufferers employ.

But do we know he's been diagnosed? Or is it like Willie Mason's catch-all ADHD excuse for being a jack-off?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i 'have' the movie. but yes, i should also buy it.

"this is paradise. this town like a great big pussy, just waitin to get f**ked"

lockyrulz

Juniors
Misanthrope said:
Sunshine, my tirades were purely because you've posted ream upon ream of sh*t in this thread. I could care less whether Joey Johns is glorified or crucified for this. I was just offended at the crap you were putting out.

You're right. This argument is pointless. At the end of the day I remain the pillar of awesomeness that I am, you remain a simpleton in soiled underwear, and Andrew Johns remains a 'nob', as you so eloquently put it.

But it's been fun, mate. If nothing else, I can go to bed confident in the knowledge that you've learned how to spell dictionary; the difference between a point & an opinion; that you now know a nephew is a male relative; and that I am an arrogant bastard.

And I will got to bed confident in the knowlodge that AJ's is a nob, and that you just wasted half an hour of toilet humour on me yet still missed the entire point.

And as for soiled underwear, champ, if you got off this forum once and a while and got your own soiled, you wouldnt get so easily offended by forum posts.

Get a life sweetheart. Comic book Guy is meant to be a source of humour, not a role model.

Latest posts