What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Misanthrope

Staff member
that you just wasted half an hour of toilet humour on me yet still missed the entire point.

It's not a waste. Others were amused. I can think of at least three forummers who posted to that effect. Did any rally to your witty ripostes?

And as for soiled underwear, champ, if you got off this forum once and a while and got your own soiled, you wouldnt get so easily offended by forum posts.

Do you know what soiled means?

Get a life sweetheart.

Hey, just because fish and chip boy said no, doesn't mean you can come to me for pity love. You're not my type.

Now, if you don't mind, we were discussing Scarface. I'm done with you. Try me again tomorrow, and maybe I'll be in the mood to belittle you some more. In the meantime, bone up on big words and broaden your comedic tastes beyond The Simpsons and Police Academy. The British have made some astonishing leaps in that department.

Nook

Bench
But do we know he's been diagnosed?

If we take him at his word, he has been diagnosed with some sort of depression and on medication for 4 or 5 years.

I'm sure more will come out tomorrow.

It is a tricky subject and can't have been easy for him to talk about in public - good on him I say, hopefully he can do something to help out the thousands of people who have a similiar condition but are less fortunate than him in other aspects of their lives.

perverse

Referee
Matt23 said:
Uh huh, *cough* Ben Cousins *cough*
i'm actually surprised... they were excessively tame on the AFL footy show.

says something about the insecurity of our code i guess...

osg

Juniors
OK......... for all the slow people who have posted defending Johns, "recreational" drug use (as it is so eloquently put) and his bi-polar/ADHD/Wankers disease whatever...... yes Toiletduck i'm looking at you.)

Here are the cold hard facts:

1. Would Johns have even contemplated doing this if the London thing had never of happened? No.

2. Has Johns, over the period of the 12 years he has been addicted, ever sought solace by seeking professional help? No.

3. Ecstacy, recreational or not, is illegal.

4. Johns has projected an image of weakness, selfishness and a lack of social responsibility to the NRL, Knights, fans and most importantly his family. (before you jump in Toiletduck you knob, i am well versed in the effects of depression and addiction......... so don't even try to educate me with your f**ked logic as an addicted drug user....... because thats how your posts are coming across.)

5. Ectascy is illegal....... i don't give a f**k if it is prevelent within society....... illegal is illegal.

6. Andrew Johns is a tool. Weak. Someone in that financial and social position has a responsibility. He betrayed that responsibility.

7. Timmah in particular, and a few others here......... i applaud the no nonsense posts, and stand right beside you.

oh....... and 8. Ecstacy is ILLEGAL. Do i need to spell it out for the slow tools here?

Blind Freddy

Juniors
osg said:
8. Ecstacy is ILLEGAL. Do i need to spell it out for the slow tools here?

So is pirating DVD's, recording a favourite TV show if you are gonna miss it.

People do it!!

It's only illegal because it provides untaxed income. Thats why the angst is out there about its legality or lack off. If people are hell bent on doing it you can't stop them

Screw all the moral absolutist idiots out there.. sprouting how illegal it is and how we should lock up the users.

People have a choice, if they want to fry their brains out let em, but don't attack them. It's an illness not a crime, the criminals are the guys making the stuff.

gregstar

Referee
how many thieves started on simple drugs before graduating to the hard stuff whatever it is?

not saying johns is a thief or any crap like that - but he is a role model whether he likes it or not.

hopefully he will endeavour to help fight drug addiction into the future & make a positive out of this.

gregstar

Referee
furthermore the posts referring to alcohol abuse are spot on.

binge drinking is a MASSIVE problem all over the country.

Moffo

Referee
you are an A grade prick joey

the greatest player in the game ever is a druggo

well f**k you joey, you aren't no legend anymore

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Blind Freddy said:
So is pirating DVD's, recording a favourite TV show if you are gonna miss it.

People do it!!

It's only illegal because it provides untaxed income. Thats why the angst is out there about its legality or lack off. If people are hell bent on doing it you can't stop them

Screw all the moral absolutist idiots out there.. sprouting how illegal it is and how we should lock up the users.

People have a choice, if they want to fry their brains out let em, but don't attack them. It's an illness not a crime, the criminals are the guys making the stuff.

Possession is illegal you fool - why do you think he got arrested in the first place?

FMD this is one pathetic argument. People need a good look at osg's post at 5:35 am this morning and get a head check.

The comparisons with petty crimes in order to excuse him for drug use are startling.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The biggest problem I have with Joey right now is that he appears to be blaming pressure and depression for his substance use- if he'd just come out and said "yeah, I did it for years, basically because I could and it was fun" then I'd buy it, because lets face it thats what plenty of other players and others their age (including myself up until a few years ago) do. I certainly don't buy the "my drugs hell" crap, I'll bet he loved just about every minute of it.

Rexxy

Coach
Moffo said:
you are an A grade prick joey

the greatest player in the game ever is a druggo

well f**k you joey, you aren't no legend anymore

Did you feel the same way moff?

NRL's hands tied over Mason result

By Jacquelin Magnay
March 25, 2004

icon_print.gif
Print this article
icon_email.gif
Email to a friend
The NRL is unable to take further action against Bulldogs forward Willie Mason after the player tested positive to a banned stimulant midway through last season.
Mason was fined $25,000, one-tenth of his annual salary, for breaching the club's code, but the matter was dealt with internally and under the club's confidentiality rules.
Mason had been caught by the club's own health and safety workplace drug testing procedures - a private initiative several of the clubs conduct to try to keep their players clean of social drugs. Such testing also has the added benefit of identifying problem areas before the NRL does.
The Herald could not contact Mason last night and his manager, Greg Keenan, did not return phone calls.
If Mason had tested positive to a stimulant in a test by the Australian Sports Drug Agency, which conducts tests on behalf of the NRL, and found guilty, he would have been banned for between 12 matches and two years and been publicly named.
It is unclear to which substance Mason tested positive, although the Herald understands it was not cocaine. Private testing, which costs about $50 to $60 per test, is usually conducted for recreational drugs such as marijuana, opiates, amphetamine, methamphetamine, ecstasy, cocaine and benzodiazepines - all of which are banned in the game. The Bulldogs conduct these tests regularly.

Mr Saab

Referee
This is the same player the game paid a motza for so he would not go to Rugby Union in 2004...and he has basically slapped the game in the face.