What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

[furrycat]

Coach
Blind Freddy said:
So is pirating DVD's, recording a favourite TV show if you are gonna miss it.

People do it!!

It's only illegal because it provides untaxed income. Thats why the angst is out there about its legality or lack off. If people are hell bent on doing it you can't stop them

Screw all the moral absolutist idiots out there.. sprouting how illegal it is and how we should lock up the users.

People have a choice, if they want to fry their brains out let em, but don't attack them. It's an illness not a crime, the criminals are the guys making the stuff.

So that makes it alright does it?

Possession is illegal- why do you think Johns was arrested i nthe first place?

Idiot.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Timmah said:
Possession is illegal you fool - why do you think he got arrested in the first place?

FMD this is one pathetic argument. People need a good look at osg's post at 5:35 am this morning and get a head check.

The comparisons with petty crimes in order to excuse him for drug use are startling.

I'd like you to find find exactly where in my post i condone ANY use you illiterate f**k!

You missed my point entirely .... it doesn't matter if its illegal or not people will still take it because they find it entertaining or fun. "Illegal" is just a word to those who are hooked.

Rexxy

Coach
Rexxy said:
Did you feel the same way moff and timmy ? remember this you pair of noo-noos?

NRL's hands tied over Mason result

By Jacquelin Magnay
March 25, 2004

icon_print.gif
Print this article
icon_email.gif
Email to a friend
The NRL is unable to take further action against Bulldogs forward Willie Mason after the player tested positive to a banned stimulant midway through last season.
Mason was fined $25,000, one-tenth of his annual salary, for breaching the club's code, but the matter was dealt with internally and under the club's confidentiality rules.
Mason had been caught by the club's own health and safety workplace drug testing procedures - a private initiative several of the clubs conduct to try to keep their players clean of social drugs. Such testing also has the added benefit of identifying problem areas before the NRL does.
The Herald could not contact Mason last night and his manager, Greg Keenan, did not return phone calls.
If Mason had tested positive to a stimulant in a test by the Australian Sports Drug Agency, which conducts tests on behalf of the NRL, and found guilty, he would have been banned for between 12 matches and two years and been publicly named.
It is unclear to which substance Mason tested positive, although the Herald understands it was not cocaine. Private testing, which costs about $50 to $60 per test, is usually conducted for recreational drugs such as marijuana, opiates, amphetamine, methamphetamine, ecstasy, cocaine and benzodiazepines - all of which are banned in the game. The Bulldogs conduct these tests regularly.

[furrycat]

Coach
Blind Freddy said:
I'd like you to find find exactly where in my post i condone ANY use you illiterate f**k!

You missed my point entirely .... it doesn't matter if its illegal or not people will still take it because they find it entertaining or fun. "Illegal" is just a word to those who are hooked.

Well how is that a point anyway? :lol:

Dutchy

Immortal
osg said:
OK......... for all the slow people who have posted defending Johns, "recreational" drug use (as it is so eloquently put) and his bi-polar/ADHD/Wankers disease whatever...... yes Toiletduck i'm looking at you.)

Here are the cold hard facts:

1. Would Johns have even contemplated doing this if the London thing had never of happened? No.

2. Has Johns, over the period of the 12 years he has been addicted, ever sought solace by seeking professional help? No.

3. Ecstacy, recreational or not, is illegal.

4. Johns has projected an image of weakness, selfishness and a lack of social responsibility to the NRL, Knights, fans and most importantly his family. (before you jump in Toiletduck you knob, i am well versed in the effects of depression and addiction......... so don't even try to educate me with your f**ked logic as an addicted drug user....... because thats how your posts are coming across.)

5. Ectascy is illegal....... i don't give a f**k if it is prevelent within society....... illegal is illegal.

6. Andrew Johns is a tool. Weak. Someone in that financial and social position has a responsibility. He betrayed that responsibility.

7. Timmah in particular, and a few others here......... i applaud the no nonsense posts, and stand right beside you.

oh....... and 8. Ecstacy is ILLEGAL. Do i need to spell it out for the slow tools here?

:clap: :clap: Here Here mate...Extremely well said

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Blind Freddy said:
"Illegal" is just a word to those who are hooked.

You certainly live up to your name don't you.

It's 100% illegal in the laws of the Australian nation. People are not just saying it because they're 'hooked' on the word you muppet. They're saying it because it's the truth!

Blind Freddy

Juniors
[furrycat] said:
So that makes it alright does it?

Possession is illegal- why do you think Johns was arrested i nthe first place?

Idiot.

The real crime is that the stuff is being made in the first place!!!

Punishment for for those who merely take it is useless....they only take it because they can and choose to.

People who are addicted to drugs are ill (mentally) and should not be treated as criminals.

Dutchy

Immortal
Punishment for for those who merely take it is useless

No it isnt. Punishment combined with Rehabilitation works with most people.

they only take it because they can or choose to

After a while it becomes more than wanting it. These people NEED the Drugs.

People who are addicted to drugs are ill (mentally) and should not be treated as criminals.

Hence the Punishment/Rehab program combined.

My cousin in in jail for a Drug related crime. Im not going to go into specific details because it hurts me to see someone clsoe to me put themselves through such garbage. But, In his time, he has became a much better person. If he could manage to come out the end of the tunnel in a positive manner. Anybody can.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Drew-Sta said:
You certainly live up to your name don't you.

It's 100% illegal in the laws of the Australian nation. People are not just saying it because they're 'hooked' on the word you muppet. They're saying it because it's the truth!

You're misquoting me. My reference is that people who are on drugs don't give a flying f**k if it's illegal or not!!

They've still made the descision to take it. Eliminate drugs being made in the first place, go after those guys who manufacture it and you stop the thousands of abusers out there.

geez misquoting galore.

Kids at cranbrook idolise blokes at macquarie bank earning 2 million a yr yet no one is drug testing them at the establishment on a Friday night. People idolise rock stars, yet no one is testing Liam Gallagher after a concert. Some girls idolise bags like Paris Hilton yet no one tests her on a night out.

You lot should really get off your high horses. They're footballers who are also human and who like to party like the rest of us. You lot who have never tried it aren't can't comment on the effects.

You would also be naive to think there isn't an A Johns at most clubs in the NRL. It doesn't affect game performance (obviously) and if it did you'd find a heap of players dropped to reserve grade because coaches wouldn't stand for it

Danish said:
Heroin is more expensive than pills, and the miniscule amount that would actually make it into a pill would have literally no effect when ingested.

So either your mates are complete and utter moron drug makers who decided to go through a long roundabout process to make less money than they would have just selling the heroin on its own......

Or you are full of sh*t.

By being there an not reporting it to police he also `Concealed Indictable Offence'. He broke the law just like those dastardly E takers. String them up. Bring back public hangings I say !

JoeD

First Grade
He can kiss goodbye any chance he had in the media.
I think by next year after this has blown over it won't effect his media career at all. A comparison is Mark Ellis. He got arrested for buying drugs and later that year got named TV personality of the year.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
What a massive generalisation!

Well what would you call it then??

If the receptors in your brain are telling you that you constantly need more and more and more of a certain chemical such as MDMA, Alcohol, THC, methamphetamines, heroin opiates just so you can function.

That to me says your brain isn't "normal" and you are somewhat ill

Bomber

Bench
Once again themanonthehill misses the point.

Johns had the respect and adulation of the rugby league world. He used that respect and adulation and pissed in the pockets of every supporter and kid who used to look up to him.

The fact is, he broke the law, repeatedly, for his entire career.

His admission that he 'ran the gauntlet' in terms of drug tests just goes to show the contempt that he held the NRL in. Okay, it's not steroids. Arguably, it had nil effect on his playing ability. He remains one of the supreme talents ever seen in league. However, as a human being he simply doesn't measure up.

If he wasn't caught, he wouldn't be this contrite and sorry. As already posted, "My Drugs Hell" - bullsh*t!
If he wasn't caught, it's almost a certainty that he would have continued on his merry way.

Poor form Mr Johns.

innsaneink

Referee
Blind Freddy said:
Well what would you call it then??

If the receptors in your brain are telling you that you constantly need more and more and more of a certain chemical such as MDMA, THC, methamphetamines, heroin opiates just so you can function.

That to me says your brain isn't "normal" and you are somewhat ill

Insanity and mental illness...the former, doing something detrimental to your health, over and over and over and expecting a different result, the latter can be a result of the former...speed psychosis etc
Youre right to an extent I guess, addicition is mainly mental.....but do you call cigarette smokers mentally ill the same way paranoid schizos are?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I always knew there was a reason why some games he was "injured" when the team was struggling.

To be honest it shows a lack of character and will power. It shows that although some may regard him as great he is really a miserable and weak man.

I don't buy that the pressure is what caused it, many other players have carried teams and never needed to resort to this but rather I think he probably has some mental issue in regards to will power etc...

I don't think much will happen to him as far as NRL and Rugby League is concerned. The people pushing his rank as immortal will still champion him and it may even help the cause. I have never believed all the hype about him and he doesn't even come close to a legend of the game but if the commentators say it is so, many will believe in blind faith.

It is rife in the NRL, the AFL, the EPL - wherever you get cashed up blokes at nightclubs. Just as it is rife in dealing rooms full of hot shot young stock brokers or forex traders. Doesn't this tell you all about it's effects ? You can indulge in substances like E and coke and still be at the top of the tree on massive whack and probably nailing a few dolly birds a week. It's lucky there is RSA ... we are so fortunate to be able to go out round town where no one is pissed because there is RSA and it's the law. Some of you are truly naive mugs

innsaneink

Referee
themanonthehill said:
It is rife in the NRL, the AFL, the EPL - wherever you get cashed up blokes at nightclubs. Just as it is rife in dealing rooms full of hot shot young stock brokers or forex traders. Doesn't this tell you all about it's effects ? You can indulge in substances like E and coke and still be at the top of the tree on massive whack and probably nailing a few dolly birds a week. It's lucky there is RSA ... we are so fortunate to be able to go out round town where no one is pissed because there is RSA and it's the law. Some of you are truly naive mugs

I dont really see anyone saying they beleive the game is squeaky clean....who are the naive mugs and what did they post?